Page 408 of 584 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410418458508 ... LastLast
Results 4,071 to 4,080 of 5832

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 408

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The trouble is that I know she's dealing with some major mental battles right now and I don't want to abandon her. She developed Hashi's and could do NOTHING to control her weight. She's the type of person who judges her self worth on her appearance. She's really a very sweet girl and I did my best to help her. I may have crossed a line with all the paleo talk. Last time we talked, her meds were still all over the place and she was yo-yoing the same 25 lbs. The doctor would increase her meds, the pounds would fall off, then the meds would stop working, then the 25 lbs would come back (and then some, I'm sure). I know she's depressed and not doing well at all. I can't just abandon her. I love her too much to do that to her, and I value our friendship too much to do that to myself - I'd never forgive myself if I let her go without her telling me to.

We, me and Melanie, believe she is embarrassed by her weight gain (when Melanie and I have been losing with a quickness) and feels like a failure, despite the fact that it's out of her control until they figure something out with her thyroid.

And, in addition, her job changed when she got a new boss so she's super swamped (according to our last communication), which I know is stressing her out and probably causing more issues with her thyroid.

I just wish she'd let us support her instead of hiding. I won't give this friendship up unless she tells me to buzz off.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

** Just sent the same message to her via text to double up my efforts. I suppose I'm bordering on stalking, but I haven't driven to Arkansas, googled her address and staked out her front door yet, so I think I probably haven't breached that category yet... but if I had the money, I'd totally do it.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Open Thread: Making And Maintaining Friendships A Practical Wedding: Blog Ideas for Unique, DIY, and Budget Wedding Planning

I posted on here, got some feedback about what to do with Liz (best friend from high school). Thought maybe the article and the comments might be helpful for you. Just things to think about. If I was in your shoes, I'd probably be doing what you're doing =\
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Thanks for the validation, Tasha. I haven't heard back from her yet. My fingers are still crossed.

I told Brad tonight that SIL I'd going to join me on whole30 and he said he thinks he will too, starting the 2nd week of the month. We'll see. I hope he does.

Dear Melissa: Recovering from Self-Sabotage | Whole9 | Let us change your life.
    This made me think of you. Not that I think you self-sabotage, but just your concerns about moderation and what to do between Whole30s.

Thanks, Tasha.

Finally, to add insult to injury, there a psychological concept called the “extinction burst” at play here. Any time you are trying to create a new habit, this little phenomenon will come in and kick you in the butt just as you’re about to turn a corner. You’ve been there before–you’re doing awesome on your Whole30, but as soon as you start to think, “This is easy,” your next thought is, “I can afford to relax a little.” And before you know it, your brain is back in that comfortable spot, getting the rewards it’s been craving… and you have no idea how you went from doing so well to slipping so far back into old habits.
    ^^^^^THIS!!!!^^^^^

Great article. Thank you.

Yeah I definitely deal with that myself. I think some of it is a cycle and its natural and there's nothing really wrong with it, but being able to recognize when things are TOO off-track is definitely a skill that needs honing.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Wow! That was an awesome article! I'm going to start the Whole30 on Sept 1st & for some odd reason I'm really nervous about it. I went primal cold turkey the beginning of last year! No difference. But evidently my brain is telling me there is!

Thank you for sharing that.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Whole30 is a challenge, that much I can guarantee, but it's so worth it. Whole30 isn't bad if you like veggies... You can easily replace all those "forbidden" foods with large quantities of veggies. I am apprehensive about Brad doing Whole30. He has such a limited palate that I think he's going to have a really rough time with the Whole30. He's going to have to buck up and start enjoying sweet potatoes and squash and all that if he's going to survive 3 weeks of a whole30. If he can do 3 weeks, he'll be able to do anything. Milk and white potatoes will be tough for him. Sugar and McDonald's on the fly will be difficult for him. Passing things up at work will be difficult for him (sometimes when they're working on a project the boss will buy pizza for lunch). Then again, he could surprise me and totally rock it. I hope he rocks it. And if he does, I guarantee he'll lose 30 lbs!

You know what's cool? My size 12 capris (the ones I was wearing in the pic I just posted the other day) are loose - as in I could probably squeeze into a size 10 and not have too much of a bulge out the top. Now I want to go shopping JUST to try on capris.