Page 407 of 585 FirstFirst ... 307357397405406407408409417457507 ... LastLast
Results 4,061 to 4,070 of 5844

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 407

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I know BMI isn't a great measurement for all of us to use in our daily lives... but it is a decent goal to get ourselves out of the "Obese" category IMO if for no other reason than all of our records are constantly being tagged with it and judged by it and used as statistics with that nomenclature.

If you have a medical problem and are "obese" on your medical file, that is going to weigh heavily on how the doctor thinks about you unfortunately. You become "an obese woman" or "an obese man" in their thinking... and it can change the way they treat you.

Do I think that BMI is particularly "meaningful"? No.
    Even though I'm now simply "over weight", and one day I'll likely be in the "normal weight" range... I probably won't be as fit as many people who have more muscle mass and less fat and may tip over into the "over weight" range like my son did when he was playing football in high school. He was a work out addict. And BIG, damn teen testosterone was doing him all sorts of favors... and trying to keep him fed was nuts! LOL

But... I still think that it's a worthy goal marker to keep in mind if only to get the CW docs to shut their damned yaps.
    Just my 2c.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    You never learned the skill of making your neck fat?
    Oh, I know how to puff it out for the tape, but as to actually making it fatter while not getting a fatter waist...nope.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Puffing was what I was referring to.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Puffing was what I was referring to.
    Ah yes, a vital army skill.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Nono, that's "fluff."
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I thought "BS" was the vital Army (military) skill?

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    I thought "BS" was the vital Army (military) skill?
    It certainly is! This helps fulfill the other vital military skills.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    It certainly is! This helps fulfill the other vital military skills.
    Apparently the advanced levels of BS are only taught at the Command College or West Point. The rest of us have to settle for catching it when it rolls down hill.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    So, not to change the subject or anything, but I have been talking to the girl I'm running a half with in December. She and I met in 2011 when my friend Crystal and I ran our first half together (this was also our initial meeting). Ever since Crystal was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and I found Primal/Paleo, Crystal has been really withdrawn and basically not reciprocating communication efforts. I've held on for almost two years, like a dutiful loving friend, sending emails, texts, leaving voice mail messages periodically in hopes that she'll respond. I've even sought her husband out on facebook. I asked on Facebook if I should just let this friendship go, but I really like Crystal and can't just let it go. So, in a last ditch effort, I had the guts to just send this message:

So, I'm trying to keep in touch with you, but I keep getting nothing in return. Lance says you're just really busy, but you were always really busy before too, but had time to talk and return emails/texts... now it just seems like I've lost a friend. I hope that's not true.

I hope you're doing well. Miss you.

I'm hoping this will draw her out - at least to say "yes, I'm done with you" or "I'm sorry, please forgive me, I'll try to be a better friend and at least acknowledge your efforts". We'll see what happens. I'd really hate to lose touch with her. I've lost touch with too many good friends over the years that I wish were still a part of my life.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    My thoughts on these kinds of "friendships" is this............... If you have to chase them, they aren't worth catching. I think after 2 years its time to let go and move on. I don't want people in my life who do not value me in the same way as I value them - she obviously doesn't know how to value a true friend.

I'd let that one go.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.