Page 405 of 577 FirstFirst ... 305355395403404405406407415455505 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,050 of 5761

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 405

  1. #4041
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    S. Arizona
    Posts
    11,509
    Shop Now
    Oh, and Jenn, I am not trying to detract from how awesome you are doing. Nor am I suggesting you will die young. You are definitely not obese in a fat sense. BMI just really used to annoy me until the doctor put it in that perspective. It was one of those, "Oh...that...huh...that kind of makes sense" kind of moments.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

    What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

  2. #4042
    namelesswonder's Avatar
    namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    11,856
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Oh, and Jenn, I am not trying to detract from how awesome you are doing. Nor am I suggesting you will die young. You are definitely not obese in a fat sense. BMI just really used to annoy me until the doctor put it in that perspective. It was one of those, "Oh...that...huh...that kind of makes sense" kind of moments.
    Yeah, me neither! Haha sorry I get side-tracked easily.

    Jenn is awesome and healthy and will live forever. The end.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

  3. #4043
    Sabine's Avatar
    Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Dallas/Fort Worth Texas
    Posts
    5,178
    Does Brady like jerky?

  4. #4044
    jenn26point2's Avatar
    jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,697
    I don't know. I don't like it, and Brad hasn't been purchasing it, so haven't had an opportunity to have him try it. He's not big on spicy - bbq sauce is too spicy for my kid... nevermind that I used to eat Buffalo Wild Wings like it was the only life sustaining substance on earth when I was pregnant with him. He used to eat spicy stuff as a wee pup, but now he's a pansy. lol

    I'll probably do granola bars and cereal bars for the time being and work on expanding his palate a bit.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)




  5. #4045
    jenn26point2's Avatar
    jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,697
    And, Canio, that makes perfect sense, but.......... the labels used are bad. So, if they're talking about mass and how hard the body has to work to pump blood all over it, they need to have two charts - one for blubbery big people and one for rock hard big people. For instance, overweight, obese, etc, for the non-athletic types (but I still hate those words) and fit, ripped and stacked for the athletic types.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)




  6. #4046
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    S. Arizona
    Posts
    11,509
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    And, Canio, that makes perfect sense, but.......... the labels used are bad. So, if they're talking about mass and how hard the body has to work to pump blood all over it, they need to have two charts - one for blubbery big people and one for rock hard big people. For instance, overweight, obese, etc, for the non-athletic types (but I still hate those words) and fit, ripped and stacked for the athletic types.
    LOL. I agree, the labels are terrible. But two charts is also problematic because a body builder during bulking phase can have a good layer of fat then boom, they cut and are a 2%. Also some fat people have large amounts of muscle mass. They just need to make a single chart which is based on mass not composition of said mass.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

    What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

  7. #4047
    jenn26point2's Avatar
    jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,697
    They have a single chart that is built around mass, not composition. It's call the BMI chart...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)




  8. #4048
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    S. Arizona
    Posts
    11,509
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    They have a single chart that is built around mass, not composition. It's call the BMI chart...
    lol. wow, I should really read what I type sometimes. Sighs. It is going to be one of those days.

    What I meant was a single chart but labelled correctly so that people with large mass of muscle are not called obese etc.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

    What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

  9. #4049
    jenn26point2's Avatar
    jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,697
    that being said, I have 4 lbs to lose to be back within Army body weight standards (or 5 inches off my hips). I suspect the 4 lbs will come off sooner than the 5 inches...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)




  10. #4050
    jenn26point2's Avatar
    jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,697
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    lol. wow, I should really read what I type sometimes. Sighs. It is going to be one of those days.

    What I meant was a single chart but labelled correctly so that people with large mass of muscle are not called obese etc.
    Understand and agree...

    maybe X-small, Small, Medium, Large, and X-large to replace underweight, healthy, overweight, obese, extremely obese? And who's to say that someone in the "healthy" category is REALLY healthy?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •