Page 404 of 593 FirstFirst ... 304354394402403404405406414454504 ... LastLast
Results 4,031 to 4,040 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 404

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Recipes that contain dairy - like chicken cordon bleu casserole, chicken scampi, etc.
    Jenn, here's a recipe that's creamy-cheese-like but doesn't have dairy... It's really good! I'd never had nutritional yeast before, so I didn't add it during the cooking; I sprinkled a small amount on a couple bites to see what it tasted like. It does give a kind of nutty-cheesy flavor, but I don't think it's essential for the recipe, so you could easily leave it out if you wanted. I also used regular balsamic vinegar because I didn't have any "white" kind. The sauce alone would be great with other dishes, too!

Chicken Zoodles Fettuccine

1/2 small onion, chopped
    1 clove garlic, minced
    tsp Himalayan or fine sea salt
    tsp freshly cracked black pepper
    1/2 large head (10 oz) cauliflower, roughly chopped
    1 cups chicken stock
    1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
    1 tbsp nutritional yeast
    1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
    2 Tbsp lime juice
    1 tsp capers
    4 oz mushrooms, sliced
    12 oz leftover cooked chicken, chopped
    cup fresh parsley, chopped
    2 zucchinis, peeled and julienned

Peel the zucchini and cut them into wide julienne strips with a mandolin. Set aside.

Add onion, garlic, salt and pepper to a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat for one or two minutes, until fragrant and slightly softened.

Throw the cauliflower in and continue cooking for a minute or two.

Add chicken stock, cover and bring to the boil; lower heat and continue cooking until the cauliflower is tender, about 5-7 minutes.

Meanwhile, cook the mushrooms in a large skillet. Add chicken and continue cooking until heated through; Reserve.

Ladle the cauliflower mixture into your blender; add Dijon mustard, nutritional yeast, balsamic vinegar and lime juice and process on high speed until super smooth and silky in consistency. Throw in capers and pulse 2-3 times just to mix them in and break them down a little. Pour that cauliflower mixture over the reserved chicken and mushrooms and bring to a simmer over low-medium heat.

Divide the julienned zucchini between serving plates and ladle the chicken sauce on top.

Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post

Peel the zucchini and cut them into wide julienne strips with a mandolin. Set aside.
    That looks really good... and wouldn't you know, I have 7 quarts of the above in the freezer!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

So, I realized last night that I no longer qualify as "obese" on the BMI charts. That happened at 175 lbs, which was a couple, maybe 3 weeks, ago, but I didn't realize it til last night.

I got this in an email from Brady's teacher: Today has been great so far. I want to let you know that starting tomorrow, I will allow a snack to be eaten after specials in my classroom.I will not supply the snack, but if they want to bring something from home that would be fine. No candy or chips please. Examples like granola bar, crackers, grapes, apple, etc. Something quick and easy and the least amount of mess please. I know I am hungry by 1:30, so the kids must be starving.

I'm so glad she said no chips or candy... Brady really likes those Nutrigrain bars, so maybe I'll send some of those with him until we get in the swing of things and I can send something a little more paleo friendly. I gotta get this kid into fruit!

canio6 Guest
    So, I realized last night that I no longer qualify as "obese" on the BMI charts.
    Woot Woot! I look forward to that day myself. Congratulations.

Thanks, Jon. Someone on Facebook said that given my athletic stature, I likely left the obese category behind a long time ago but didn't know it b/c there's no official "athletic" BMI chart. She said BMI doesn't apply to athletic types b/c a body builder with 2% body fat would qualify as overweight or obese simply b/c it's figured using height vs weight, which is completely arbitrary. She's probably right (that I left it long ago) but it feels nice to be "officially" out of that category.

And I know you well enough to know you'll be out of it soon as well.

SIL is going to join me on my Whole30 starting September 1. Last night, and this is funny to me, I wasn't really hungry after dinner, but I felt the need to binge on some non-whole30 foods to 'get it out of my system', if you will. And, hahahaha, this is funny to me. I binged on heavy cream, shredded unsweetened coconut, a little bit of honey and Enjoy Life chocolate chips... seriously? My binge of choice was 100% PRIMAL FOODS??? Now THAT is an interesting twist.

And in true primal nature, the food made me full and almost sick to my stomach before I finished my stuffing. I could barely eat the last two bites.

Here's the recipe:

Heavy cream (as much as you want)
    Honey to taste
    Vanilla to taste
    Let's Do Organic shredded coconut (as much as you want)
    Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips (as much as you want)

Blend honey, cream and vanilla til a whipped cream forms. (I do this in a wide mouth juice glass then transfer to a bowl). Dump in all the coconut you want. Dump in the chocolate chips. Stir. Eat.

It's like ice cream, but not cold. You could probably freeze it for a bit to thicken it if you wanted to. Last night I used 3/4 cup of cream b/c that's what I had left after making dinner. It was probably too much. lol

canio6 Guest
    Thanks, Jon. Someone on Facebook said that given my athletic stature, I likely left the obese category behind a long time ago but didn't know it b/c there's no official "athletic" BMI chart. She said BMI doesn't apply to athletic types b/c a body builder with 2% body fat would qualify as overweight or obese simply b/c it's figured using height vs weight, which is completely arbitrary. She's probably right (that I left it long ago) but it feels nice to be "officially" out of that category.
    She is right in a body fat % way meaning if obese means 30% (or whatever) you did leave it behind long ago, but the Army doctor I saw for my last physical explained it well. He said it is not so much just fat it is size. He said, "Look at Michael Clarke Duncan - he had next to no body fat, but he was huge. His BMI would be obese or higher. Sure, he wasn't fat but his body still needed to support and pump blood through all that mass. This could be a factor in why he died so young. So BMI is just an indicator; it gives us something to look at." (okay that was a paraphrase not a quote but you get the point).

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Canio, what you said just made me really sad because I like Vin Diesel and Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson and I don't want them to die young! Haha I'm a bit of a Hollywood nerd at times, what can I say ><
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Woot Woot! I look forward to that day myself. Congratulations.
    ditto!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Canio, what you said just made me really sad because I like Vin Diesel and Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson and I don't want them to die young! Haha I'm a bit of a Hollywood nerd at times, what can I say ><
    LOL I can understand that. And as the doctor said BMI is not everything but it is a place to start. And large people (be they fat or totally pumped up with muscle) tend to die younger, at least it seems that way.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think you have something there, Canio. If you look at who ends up living into the their 90s or even 100s they are normally slight built people. Never overweight.

I wonder if anyone has ever done a study on this................ (ok, I love research and data points!)
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.