Page 400 of 593 FirstFirst ... 300350390398399400401402410450500 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,000 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 400

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    We had 3 girls in my class alone that got pregnant while in high school. Each had their babies while attending high school and completed high school. No subsidized daycare at the school for them. They had to find daycare outside of the school. No idea how they managed to pay for it. Their moms and dads probably paid for it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theprimalcajun View Post
    Texas is a good example of how it should be. Our legislature meets every two years & our representatives have real jobs. Mine for my area is a farmer! Our representatives in Washington are different tho. I'm sure they get all the perks there. Definitely need a reset.
    Not all of Texas. Ours is an oil baron with more money than brains and no connection to his constituents. Very few are as religious nut conservative as he is. Don't get me started on Gov Hair. So glad he'll be gone, but scared of what nut job will take his place.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    uh oh naiadknight...sorry about that! Shouldn't have made quite the blanket statement. There's good'uns & bad'uns everywhere! I really like mine, he seems to be very down to earth, being a farmer & all. 😉 I guess my point really was that they aren't "career" politicians like the idiots in DC.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    *waiting for politics to die down* :-p
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

ndk...we're you talking about your area representative or our governor??? When you said " Gov Hair" that kinda threw me! lol.

Sorry... No more politics talk...unless Jenn wants too. 😉

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I'm back and forth on politics... I want the opportunity to rant about them periodically, but don't like getting into lengthy conversations about it b/c I don't know enough to hold a knowledgeable conversation.

Learned a GS-09 job opens up this week. The guy holding it will be moving on to a GS-11 position leaving his spot vacant. It's in the Materiel Integration Branch (yes, I know Materiel is spelled wrong - it's supposed to be - that's how the Army spells it b/c it's different than material), MIB for short, Men In Black for fun. I know nothing about what they do, but the girl who told me to put in for it said no one does when they start. So... I'll put in I guess. *shrug* No harm in trying.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

You never know till you try!! Good luck!!

canio6 Guest
    Good luck Jenn! I hope it works out for you.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by theprimalcajun View Post
    lol. You girls make me smile!! I'm so glad that others feel the same way as I do! I certainly don't mind chipping in an extra box of crayons...or a couple spiral notebooks or whatever! I'm glad to do it! But don't "mandate" that I have to do it. And yes congress is worthless! They vote themselves raises while the rest of us peons struggle...they have their OWN awesome healthcare plan (don't even get me started on that!!)...they get rich off the kickbacks & payoffs they take...our founding fathers must be spinning in their graves! This is not what they envisioned for our country. Makes me so sad sometimes it makes me want to cry. *sigh*
    + 1 million!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.