Page 394 of 577 FirstFirst ... 294344384392393394395396404444494 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,940 of 5761

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 394

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Brad and I already have a plan for the leftover money that won't be used due to the furlough.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Jenn, I was going to say that buying the aminos individually would be cheaper, but you figured that out yourself. Keep the 5htp.

Jon, I didn' t love that he had his own supp for sale, but he is not the only Dr. who believes aminos are the key to the mental side of binging. Julia Ross also has supplements for sale in addition to her books.

NW, I have been taking the low end doses recommended by Julia Ross. Her high end pretty much matches Dr. Wilson's.

I am going to take 2000 l-tyrosine, 200 5htp for a week, then move up to 3000/300. I am already taking the other aminos at the dosage shown in his supplement. I actually take double the l-glutamine for sugar cravings.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Brad and I already have a plan for the leftover money that won't be used due to the furlough.
    Well, darn.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Jon, I didn' t love that he had his own supp for sale, but he is not the only Dr. who believes aminos are the key to the mental side of binging. Julia Ross also has supplements for sale in addition to her books.

Sure, and Mark sells supplements and so does everyone else. It seems to be the only way to make money these days.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

I think they only have their own line of supplements (all mixed together) because it's easier to say "Take 4 of these 2x per day" and have follow through by the user than to say take amino acid 1, amino acid 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 2x per day and get follow through. If I opened a book and just saw a list of amino acids to take, I'd probably get overwhelmed. Having them all dumped together is less daunting and would probably be easier for some.

I might start acquiring them little by little over the next few weeks. Build up the stockpile and then start combining them into his formula. I'm definitely interested in seeing how they affect me. And since I've already been primal/paleo for over a year, maybe it'll be a quick repair.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I would get the l-tyrosine first. It is relatively inexpensive and is complementary to 5htp.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I would stay away from the Mountain Dew and donuts, first.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I would stay away from the Mountain Dew and donuts, first.
    w0rd. lol

why did that post twice when I only clicked the button once?? o_O

Busy day at work so far! Oy!

The kids' trampoline arrived yesterday. Brad and I got it put together last night. The thing is HUGE! The kids love it.

The Chromebook is turning out to work just fine. There have been a couple of instances where I wished it did more, but between it and my phone, I can tackle whatever I need to tackle. I can still charge my phone and my BodyMedia armband. I can't upload my BM data from the laptop, but I can from my phone, so it's all good. And worse comes to worse, I can use Brad's computer. I haven't used it for much other than tooling around on Facebook, here and MFP, and for that it works great. Just gotta figure out how to save websites to the desktop. I'm sure it can be done - I just haven't found any info on how to do it yet.

My ankles and feet are continually stiff. They don't really hurt anymore, and the tendonitis seems to be dissipating quickly, but the stiffness is annoying now. Taking my cherry extract at night to help combat it. I will ask Dr. Lake about it today. Maybe it's diet related. Of course, whenever I google ankle and foot stiffness, I get nothing but stuff on arthritis. I can't believe I'd be arthritic already at 33.

Day 2 of my most recently clean up. Up to 176... not sure what that's about. I have a headache too. Damn sugar withdrawals.

Makenna woke up at 2:30 and told me she needed to pee. Took her to the bathroom and changed her pull up. She stayed awake until 4:30... *sigh* That makes for a tired mommy.

Friday is the last furlough day... Is it weird that I'm sad about that? I rather enjoyed my Fridays off. Perfect opportunity to run or do any other kid-unfriendly activities like grocery shopping, cleaning, etc. I didn't get anywhere NEAR as much stuff done as I wanted to do during the furlough (thanks to the long runs) and wish I could extend them out longer... But, of course, I want to get paid, so I'll come to work.

I suppose. I have an appointment with Dr. Lake in a half hour so I better get ready to head out. I hope everyone is having a good day.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Why do you want to save sites to the desktop instead of bookmarks in the browser?

Did the joint stiffness just start recently, after an "off" day, or was that before, when you were eating clean?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).