Page 392 of 585 FirstFirst ... 292342382390391392393394402442492 ... LastLast
Results 3,911 to 3,920 of 5844

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 392

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Get thee behind me, Jenn! I cannot be buying a spiral slicer with Middlest heading off to college this month- all our money is spoken for. But I will enjoy looking at pictures of zucchini noodles!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Feeling very uninterested today. I'm tired. My gut is full from a weekend of crappy food eating. I'm tired. I feel lethargic. I discovered this morning that I have no lunch for today b/c we ate dinner at Brad's parents' place last night. I brought a couple extra boiled eggs, but I'm hoping to get upstairs to the cafeteria to see if there is anything even remotely resembling real food.

Ate horribly all weekend long. It started with a blizzard on Thursday evening. It was Miracle Blizzard Day (for each blizzard sold, $1 was donated to the Children's Miracle Network) and it was Brad's birthday, so we all went out and got a blizzard. Friday, I ran my 11 miler and then Friday night Brad and I went fishing. I decided to eat some potato chips (fried in peanut oil) and Heat Peanuts... at this point, I had remained gluten free. Saturday we had pancakes for breakfast (still gluten free) and went to a parade - enter candy stage right and Mt. Dew stage left. Saturday night I had a breaded tenderloin... and I didn't die, but it made me feel sick about half way through. *that moment when you're eating something delicious and then all of a sudden it tastes so terrible you could vomit* A member of our pit crew baked Brad a cake for his birthday, so we had chocolate cake after the races. Sunday the kids and I got up, took showers and went grocery shopping - had donuts for breakfast. Donuts chased with Mt. Dew... When Brad got off work, we all went out on the boat and played in the river. Afterward I had some oreos. Then we had dinner at Brad's mom's - introducing more cake, but top it with ice cream.

I do believe that ALL the food temptations should be gone for the rest of the month. I am vowing right now... RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE to finish the month following Whole30 rules.

I hit 171 Saturday morning. At 175 today. 4 lbs gained. Thanks gluten. Why do you have to be so bad for me (us)??

My ankles/foot are stiff today after any amount of rest. Every time I stand up and start walking around, it takes a while for my feet to loosen up and cooperate. This is something interesting that I've experienced for the last couple of years. I don't think it's arthritis b/c I've read that the feet/ankles is not typically the first place it's experienced. I don't know what it is, but I do know that eating a proper Primal/Paleo diet and Cherry Extract capsules help it.

*sigh* is it naptime yet?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I miss lifting... I was thinking about running today. Brought stuff to do so, but my foot is acting a little funny (might be the poor diet b/c it felt amazing the last two days despite running 11 miles on it). So part of me wants to go lift - the part of me who sees her arms shrinking and isn't sure if it's fat loss or muscle loss. But I'm also extremely tired today (so sleepy!!) and don't want to do a damn thing.

But as I sit here and think about skipping it all, I then think - eh, maybe I'll run 2 miles, I then think - what's the point? Let's run 3, make it worth it... and then I think about running 4.

Damn you poor diet for making me feel this way today.

I found these articles to be especially interesting today:

Neurotransmitters

The 22 Symptoms of CARB Syndrome | The CARB Syndrome Project

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Wow, that carb syndrome person is me. I'm wondering if I should start raising my amino acid levels to dr. Wilson's recs.

I was wondering the same thing... I haven't sent the bottles to you yet (completely forgot as they're buried behind stuff on my bathroom counter) and now I wonder if I should keep them and follow his recs and take both the 5-htp and the Tyrosine. Seems I may have done more harm than good by just taking the 5-htp all those months.

Nonetheless, it was a great read. It screams BRAD at me, too.

Wouldn't it be funny if I was kicked out of the Army and now receive VA disability benefits b/c of CARB syndrome???

Also, if you read the Neurotransmitters article to the end, he has a supplement called CARB22 that might be enough. I'm going to look into it. Might be cheaper and easier to go that route than to buy two different bottles of 5-htp and a bottle of tyrosine.

Or not... take 3-4 twice capsules daily??? For 47 bucks a bottle??? Yikes... And seriously? Does someone like me really need 600mg of 5htp a day??? *oops, read that wrong... 300 mg daily...

But good gravy... could you imagine buying all those bottles of supplements and then mixing it up yourself? I can't afford either option - even if I ditch the XM radio...

*edited.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 08-12-2013 at 11:03 AM.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Also, if you read the Neurotransmitters article to the end, he has a supplement called CARB22 that might be enough..
    Imagine that. List 22 things many of which apply to everyone. Sell a suppliment to fix it. Profit.

Sorry, but you wont find a person in America that can't pick somethings off that list and apply it to themselves. It is called modern life. We all get it. It is invariably fatal.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

The argument is whether or not it's depression or diet... if you don't display depression symptoms, it doesn't pertain to you. I was kicked out of the army for depression - but yet, I only match the "modern" framework of depression - not the framework that was illustrated back in the great psychological discovery eras (think Freudian Era). And since changing to the Primal/Paleo framework, my symptoms have diminished significantly - now I only still suffer from a small handfull of those 22 symptoms.

I don't think it's invariably fatal - but I do believe it's modern life. I think it can be corrected and reversed and we can go back to only a small portion of the population needing psychotrophic drugs in significant cases if we all adopt the proper human diet. I think that today's doctor throw drugs at issues instead of throwing fruit and veggies. I think this article is a step in the right direction for sure. Yes, he sells a supplement, but he tells you exactly what's in it too so you can "mix" your own if you wanted to - it's not a secret proprietary blend. If anything, he's making it easy for us by mixing it for us and selling it - it'll cost a FORTUNE to mix that myself. But he's been forth coming with the ingredients, which I admire.