Page 390 of 593 FirstFirst ... 290340380388389390391392400440490 ... LastLast
Results 3,891 to 3,900 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 390

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I remember when there wasn't an autosave feature! The dark days

XM Radio seems like a worthy splurge and not an awful cost per month, if you're driving a lot/listen to the radio in the car a lot. You can get some car radios (don't know how easy it is to swap out your radio) that have headphone jacks so you can plug in any mp3 player, like an iPod, with the right cable (male to male headphone kind of plug). That might be more expensive than the XM Radio, but it'd be a one-time expense.

I hope Brad's bd gets better! I understand the worries about him taking time off. I took a lot of random days off for being "sick" during my first 6 months at this job and nearly got fired (got an awkward meeting & a warning). I was a bit depressed and having a hard time adjusting to a grown-up full-time job and all its responsibilities. Hulky did the same thing when he was stressed & depressed about being injured and going to school. It happens, and hopefully, it will pass soon.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    He gets 4 weeks of vacation b/c he's been there for 5 years now (3 weeks as part of his benefits package, and the option to buy a 4th week). He took a week off in June when his Grandpa died, and then in July took a week that he'd scheduled off, so there were two weeks that he wasn't there, then he went to NC later in July, so there was a 3rd week he was gone, and now these two days already in August. And next week he's supposed to go to CA for work, so it just FEELS like he's missed a lot of work - and that feeling is what bothers me. I'm sure it's ok. They wouldn't give him 4 weeks of vacation if they didn't expect him to use it, right?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Oh, and he'd DEFINITELY say no to chaning out the radio in the car. We've had this car for 7 years and there's really nothing wrong with the radio (except the backlighting on the digital display went to crap - which means finding the radio station that the XM radio is programmed to play through will be hard to find... damn it!) and at this point it's just a work car, so he won't be cool with the time it would take to swap the radio out - plus, the factory radio has a face that is something like 4x6 inches in size, and to find a radio to fit without a ton of Gawd-awful looking spacers would be too costly. He'd be more likely to let me have XM again.

I sent him a text asking what he thought of getting XM again but he hasn't responded. I think maybe he's mowing the grass and didn't hear/feel the phone go off. He's also supposed to be finishing the swing set this morning before working on the car this afternoon, so hopefully he's getting lots accomplished. He'll feel good if he gets the swing set done.

So he responded with "I don't think we drive enough to justify the expense".

I told him why I wanted it and that I'd be willing to pay for it out of my allowance and his response was snarky and rather mean, I think.

He said "Then I don't care. When I wanna use my allowance to race on a friday night and you can't go b/c you don't have your allowance, I don't wanna hear about it."

Really? A simple "That would be fine, then." would have sufficed. Thanks.

I called him out for being pissy. Told him I asked for his thoughts, not threats. I'm really getting tired of his pissy attitude. GTF over it, crab ass! Damn!

/rant

Talked to the folks at XM. I got a plan that costs $10 a month - all music (no talk or sports, blech, who needs thatt stuff??) and all the stations I wanted are included. And they're waiving the activation fee ($15). So, if I can find my radio, I'll get it activated today! But I apparently took the radio out of my car at some point and where I put it is beyond me. Brad said I can use the one in his car if I can't find mine. Just really curious to know what I would have done with it...

Wait... it just dawned on me. I think I put it in the basket that we keep our many chargers in... I'll look when I get home. EXCITED!!

canio6 Guest
    Good luck finding the radio

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Good luck finding the radio
    I'm pretty sure I know what you wanted to say instead, but thanks for the luck wishes.

Here's a pic of the swing set Brad and I built and he is finishing today. It's a beast. He tested all the swings anf saif they're good to go. If they can hold him, they can hold our kids. The top beam is a 4x10 header beam and the legs are 4x4 beams with 2x6 cross bars. This thing is heavy and stout! No way it'll break when our kids swing hard... and it won't bounce bc a leg has lifted off the ground either!

At some point we plan to hang another swing of some sort off the bar to the right but we're not sure if we want rings, a trapeze bar or just another swing, so we're holding off. And a slide will eventually be built off the left, but we're not sure what we want to do yet - I.e. just a platform or a fort of sorts or what...

swings.jpg

Edited to post finished product.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 08-08-2013 at 01:14 PM.

To provide some sort of scaling for you to illustrate this thing's size, that's a milwakee sawzall on the ground and it's 7 foot tall. The braces for the swings are 16 inches apart (per swing). The cross bar is a 16 footer.

Very proud of our design and build.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Install something for pull-ups that you can use also it looks awesome
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.