Page 388 of 556 FirstFirst ... 288338378386387388389390398438488 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,880 of 5555

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 388

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Canio, you crack me up!!

Ordered the trampoline for the kiddos tonight. Tried to use my debit card to purchase it and the transaction was declined so I used the credit card (I'll transfer the money to the credit card to make it up). A few minutes later, Shazam called me to verify that I'd tried to make a purchase with my card. She said she couldn't see why it was declined and I'd need to call the credit union tomorrow, and that they can only see if the declination was caused by security suspicions. Ok... so then why are you calling me? B/c of security reasons? Surely you wouldn't call me if I'd tried to use my card and it was declined b/c there was no money if you can't see that stuff...

For the record, there IS money there. This is what Brad and I decided to do with the extra money - to build the kids a swing set and buy them a trampoline and buy a new laptop/tablet. I'm gunshy to use my debit card to order the laptop now... wonder if I should just go ahead and use the credit card and transfer the money to prevent any issues. I need to wait til tomorrow anyway so it can be delivered on Friday so I can sign for it. I don't want it delivered on Thursday and not be here to accept delivery. So I'll call the credit union tomorrow and make sure they're aware that I'll be spending a some money on Amazon so they don't decline the transaction... bastards... how dare they protect me so! lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Called the credit union. They said the card was declined because such a large purchase at Walmart.com triggers flags indicating fraud has taken place. She said that looking through our account we have no history of purchases from Walmart.com and when cards are stolen, thieves usually go to walmart.com to buy up a bunch of stuff. So, given our lack of history, the size of the purchase, and the track record of thieves to use walmart.com to steal, the credit union blocked the use of our card. She said she could open it up so that I could make the purchase today if I wanted. I told her I already purchased it using the credit card. Glad to know it was a security thing, but still kind of annoying.

Today I have a headache. A moderate inching toward severe headache. And so far, 800 mg of ibuprofen hasn't touched it. It feels like it could do the whole migraine thing. It's in my temples, top of my head, forehead and neck. It's NOT cool. And I'm pretty sure it's caused by something the whole family has gotten because Brady complained of a headache yesterday (and puked twice) and Brad stayed home with a headache today. MIL was home yesterday with a headache and fever. The headache sucks balls.

Took some Correctol today... Feeling a bit "full" and unable to do much about it and don't want to wait anymore. Given the crap I ate this weekend, I know there's something that needs to be eliminated and that it's not my typical theory that my body is hoarding all the good food I've been eating and soaking up every last beautiful nutrient available. I ate like crap last weekend... McDonald's, Dairy Queen - those were the most offensive. I had a great deal of gas and gurgling last night so I thought for sure something would happen, but no... nothing did. And now I'm FOP (full of...) and have a headache. And my stomach burns a bit... *sigh*

Bottom line, I don't feel good today. Probably going to skip my run with creates anxiety for me. I think I'm doing 11 miles on Friday. It should be ok. Oh and on that topic... my foot feels even better today. Still tight, but not as tight as yesterday. Planning to do an epsom soak again today b/c that seems to be helping.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Gheesh, it sounds like you caught my headache from yesterday. I hope it clears up soon. The Army's magic 800mg pill didn't help, the horrors. Good to hear your foot is feeling better.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

tomi is offline Senior Member
    You are fortunate to have such a watchdog on your accounts!! That's pretty cool.

How goes the potty training?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Um, well, I thought it was going great but then this morning she had an accident while playing in the dining room. Brad stayed home this morning b/c of a headache and when I got up to get ready for work, Makenna already had underwear on, so I assumed Brad had taken her to the bathroom. I guess he didn't - just put her in undies, and since she doesn't yet tell us when she has to go, she had an accident.

I talked to her preschool teacher and it sounds like the way the program is run, Makenna is at the perfect place potty training wise. They take the students to the bathroom at 8:30 when they arrive, and then they go again at 9:15 as a group. She didn't say anything about other potty breaks, but they dismiss at 10:30. She said that if Makenna needs more frequent potty breaks, they can accommodate. She is supposed to have spare clothes in the event of an accident, so if one occurs, she said it's no big deal. So, that's comforting.

I sent Brad a message asking if he was ok with me placing my amazon order (laptop, new griddle, spiral veggie cutter) and he acted like he wasn't ok with it. I questioned him and he came back with "well, it hard to tell who has a birthday - you or the kids"... seriously?? He wanted control of this money (all OT - a very large amount of OT) and has had every last bit of say in how it's spent. We have done only one responsible thing with it - paying off the tshirt loan ($250) and he has had full control. He wanted to buy the kids a trampoline and build them a swing set. Two days ago, when he learned the Amazon price for the chromebook, he said "hell if there's enough money, get two" (there's not enough for two at this point). Now he's backpedalling. I asked him where this is coming from b/c he wanted full control and has gotten it. He wanted certain things purchased with this money and nothing else has happened but what he has approved. He wanted a swing set - ok. Done. He wanted a trampoline. Ok. Done. He wanted us to each get $250 to spend as we please... he blew his on racing and race car parts... (I bet he forgot that part). He wanted to take it all out in cash so he could SEE where the money was going... (my argument is that you can SEE where the money is going when there is a paper trail and spending cash does not generate a paper trail unless you get receipts for EVERYTHING - using the checking account generates said paper trail without all that paper). I let him do this his own way and now he's getting washy on me...

There's still enough to take him out for dinner and a movie for his birthday... so I don't understand this... he frustrates me.

Why is it that when I read far too many of the journals here I feel the need to apologize for husbands/men as a whole? *head desk*
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Why is it that when I read far too many of the journals here I feel the need to apologize for husbands/men as a whole? *head desk*
    No need for you to apologize for him... I'm the one who said yes...

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    No need for you to apologize for him... I'm the one who said yes...
    Eh, that does not excuse his behavior.

He's boo-hooing b/c too much was spent to allow for an oil change for his truck ($100 b/c it's a diesel) or to give to Bud for race car parts they've bought but couldn't pay for at the time... and racing fuel - $10 a gallon racing fuel... Oy.

There is enough left to do his oil change and take him to dinner for his birthday after I put my money for graduation back into the checking account. There's really no reason I can't chip in toward the things I was buying for myself (the computer and the spiral cutter - the griddle serves us all - I guess the computer does too, but eh). I suspect he'll be happier now that he can get his oil changed.

And when the furloughs are officially reduced to 6 days (official memo has come out but still waiting on Army guidance regarding when our last furlough day is - should be NEXT Friday) we can put the leftover furlough money toward the racing account at Bud's - but I haven't told him yet. I plan to keep a little bit aside for emergencies (maybe $500 or so) and give him the rest.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    You think when he said "hell buy two..........." maybe he was being sarcastic? I don't know Brad so I'm just throwing it out there.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.