Page 386 of 584 FirstFirst ... 286336376384385386387388396436486 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,860 of 5832

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 386

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Glad to hear that you got some answers for your littlest.

Now take care of your foot!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I. Am. Exhausted... but I think it's the weather. It's cloudy, dreery and rainy today. Blah! I didn't know it was supposed to rain so I left the windows in the house wide open... I'm sure the living room is soaked... *sigh*

I just wanna sleep today... like I said - probably the weather. I wanna curl up on the couch, snuggle with a blanket and watch endless DIY Network and nap at will. Because of the sleepiness, I want to snack. Of course, I've nothing to snack on... Some grapes or almonds would be nice.

Could also be carb flu/carb hangover. This weekend was full of horrible non-whole30 eats.

Not running today. Going to give the foot another day of rest - just to be safe. Running should resume on Wednesday.

Makenna has gone two whole days with no potty accidents. Feeling good about it so I'm going to register her for school today. She still isn't TELLING us when she needs to go, but she's doing a good job of going when we tell her to and not going in between. I think it'll be ok once school starts.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Glad the test was good I'm sure now that she's done a couple days of not accidents you're in the clear for starting school
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

That's what I'm thinking, too, Tomi.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I'm glad you got your little girl some answers, even if they required a test that didn't give you the right one. Here's hoping potty training is smooth sailing.
    (As an aside, I wonder if the bladder infections were part of what was making potty training so difficult. I know I hafta go a lot more often when I occasionally get one. I wonder if her thought process was "I'll hafta be on the potty all the time! No way!" Or if maybe her bladder was forcing release because of the infections.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

There was only one infection though... so I don't think that was the problem with potty training all these months. I think we were just doing it wrong.

She's 3 days without an accident now. We moved her to undies only, give her drinks only in a big girl cup (she drinks less that way) and she only gets water, unless it's a meal time/snack time - then she can have something else - juice or milk or whatever is being served. She's done really really well, including pooping on the potty. Still not pooping every day, but if we can get her laxative into her every day, we'll probably get there.

Looks like I'm getting a Google Chromebook. Amazon has them for $269 with 3G capabilities. I asked my boss today what he thinks of them. He said as long as we remember it's just a tablet with a keyboard and not a laptop "computer" we'll enjoy our time with it. But he said as soon as we cross that line into thinking it's a laptop, we'll be disappointed. Honestly, all we need is a tablet for what we do using this computer - internet stuff only - games, facebook, videos, reading, etc. I don't need an expensive laptop with a bunch of programs on it. A tablet will be enough, but I want that keyboard for doing things like this or chatting on facebook. He seemed to think that the Google Box would fit our needs, but still suggested we check one out at Best Buy before buying one - just to ensure we like the way it works. Considering I have a Samsung S3 which runs on Google OS and the "laptop" is a Samsung that runs on Google OS, I'm sure I'll be satisfied enough with it. Brad's even talking about getting one explicitly for the kids to use. Interesting considering he was 100% against me getting one a few weeks back... men. lol So, I think we'll try to get to Best Buy this weekend to check one out. I'm excited. I'm tired of regluing the "bubbles" on my 6, x, and z keys (the actual keys are missing - all that's left is the little rubber bubble and that peels off about once a week with regular use... and they require deliberate finger placement to engage the letters on the screen. It's really annoying. I can't wait.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Well you certainly have waited long enough. I admire your restraint. It has been at least 6 months since you started telling us about your keyless laptop.
    It sounds like you are making the right choice. Enjoy!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Woohoo! New gadgets!

I hope you can get Makenna's constipation situation (hah) sorted out okay. I wonder if a bit of liquid magnesium (a VERY little, since she's small, to start with) would work for her, just to get things moving. If that doesn't work or doesn't work long-term, you might need to consider food intolerance issues. I'm doing a lot of reading about kids doing the Specific Carbohydrate Diet right now so it's on my mind
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I've considered diet too, Tasha. Right now, the doctor has her taking Miralax. Half a capful a day. We haven't been consistent with it, so I'm going to ask my SIL to give it to her every day. She doesn't drink anything at our house in the morning, but I guess it doesn't really matter when she takes it, right? I guess a sippy of milk with miralax at night would work just as well.

Today is Brady's last day at Latchkey. He has decided he wants to go to SIL's house every day. His cousin (10 days younger than Brady) will be there every day starting the first week of school. Cousin's mom wants Cousin to walk to school, so he and Brady will walk every day to and from the school. It's only 6 blocks. SIL will walk with them the first week so they learn the route and how long it takes and all that, and then she's going to let them do it on their own. I'm not entirely sure I'm comfortable with my son walking with another 6 year old to and from school every day. Brady's still a bit immature and I'm worried he'll dink around and be late - or get swiped by some sicko. Maybe his cousin will keep him in line, but the swiping thing still has me worried. idk, is six too young to walk to school?

I went to cnet.com to read their review of the Google Chromebook, but they only analyzed the really expensive model, so that's not going to help me much. I'm not buying the really expensive model, I'm buying the almost least expensive model. Oh wait... more digging produced the one I'm looking at. This is the portion that is important to me:

Aiming the Chromebook at people who want another device around the house, though, makes those shortcomings not necessarily be major drawbacks. There are plenty of times when all you need to do is check e-mail, read some news, load a recipe, make a bank payment, click around YouTube, or spend time on Facebook. For that, it's a very economical device. Its fast startup speed is conducive to flipping it open for a few moments and then plopping it down on the counter or coffee table again when you're done. (Its Wi-Fi is very fast to reconnect, too.)
    This what we will use it for and what we need it for. I will use it for recipes, Facebook, here, MFP, maybe a few facebook games, etc. Kids will use it for youtube and Starfall's Learn to Read with phonics. I see now that I can't download iTunes onto it, but that's ok b/c it's already on Brad's computer. I've been without iTunes for so long on my computer since the sound card died on it almost a year ago, so being without iTunes on this machine won't be an issue.

We had talked about getting a tablet for me and the kids to use, and this is essentially a tablet, with a built in keyboard. And it's less expensive than an iPad, without needing to also buy an external keyboard. So, yeah... I'm pretty much sold and just need to test one out before I buy it. Amazon has the best price, so that's where I'll be getting ours from.

I guess I should probably talk about something primal now... foot is feeling better - now it's just the toe that hurts again. See Dr. Lake today for manipulation. Hopefully I'm nearing the end of this stupid injury.

Day 2 of Whole30 - started over yesterday. Down a single pound from yesterday. I feel things "brewing" down below so I imagine the typical "bad food dumping" will take place today and then I'll hit my low point again tomorrow. It's always cool to me that we can learn about our bodies so much to know exactly when things are going to happen if we do XY and Z.

I have ZERO groceries in my house b/c our weekend was so busy and packed that I didn't make it to the grocery store. No idea what I'm going to do for food. Brad's racing tonight so unless I find someone to watch the kids, shopping won't happen today. Brad says his race is going to be aired on the computer and it sounds like his mom is going to come over and watch. Yippee skippee... So, I guess I'll pick up burgers from the store on my way home tonight and we'll just make do tonight. Maybe I can go grocery shopping tomorrow night.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Yeah for potty training successes!!!

I'm starting over on the whole30 also.............. tested the water and am feeling a bit yucko today. Not totally off the wagon - but my foot dragged on the ground some. Today I pay the penance.

Hope the last of the pain subsides soon and you can be in tip top shape for the rest of you training.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.