Page 385 of 579 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387395435485 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 5788

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 385

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Damn, you are kicking ass. Brava!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Woo Hoo!

June68 is offline Senior Member
    That is awesome! You must be stoked.
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Girlfriend!!! You rock! What a great picture!! Congrats on the new numbers!! You're an inspiration!
    *doing the happy dance* for Jenn
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    awwwww thanks everyone! I am pretty stoked about it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Amazing work! Good job!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Daughter's appt went well yesterday. She's a trooper. Found the possible cause of her bladder infections, or rather all wee girls' bladder infections. Too much to type on phone.

Ran the 9 miles this morning. It was awesome. Foot felt amazing! Still feels really good. We'll see what tomorrow brings, of course. Hoping it's ok.

Brother-in-law is joining SIL in a whole30 starting Monday. Brad is still seriously interested. Will see what August brings.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    She obviously takes after her mother. You are a no-nonsense kind of gal.

Yeah for the foot bliss!

Your passing on the sustenance of life protocol, Jenn........................ I bow............... You are exceptional!!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    That's great about your foot! Keeping fingers crossed it continues. Congrats on the drs visit for dd.

I am seriously impressed with your running! I can barely walk! lol. I love reading about you doing it tho. I will run vicariously (spelling?) thru you! 😉
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Ok, so Makenna's testing was done to check for reflux of the urine back into the ureters (tubes that drain urine from the kidneys to the bladder). To do this, they had to do a kidney ultrasound and then fill her bladder with contrast dye (via catheter) and see if it leaked back up into the ureters by taking a series of xrays. Everything was fine. So, of course, Brad was pissed at our doctor and said he'd never speak to her again for subjecting Makenna to such an unnecessary test...

Fast forward to our appointment with the urologist. She says that since there is no reflux, and based on the xrays and ultrasounds, Makenna's anatomy is fine. However, her bladder infection was causes by constipation. She said that a vast majority of our kids are constipated (she said due to conventional diet of GMO's and highly processed foods - she won my heart at that very moment) and Makenna is no exception, even though she poops roughly every day. She suggested we put her on Miralax to clear her system and ensure she pees often. She said that bacteria from the anus is introduced to the urethra each time we "hold it", and she said potty training little girls are more susceptible than adults b/c they're more likely to hold it once they learn how to do it. So... if we get her to poop more frequently, she'll be less likely to ever get another infection.

I asked the doctor if this test was necessary - in hindsight since it turned out to be negative for reflux and she said no, it was not unnecessary and explained it using a bunch of studies and literature I can't seem to recall right now, and said that as a urologist, she would not hesitate to put one of her own daughters through the testing b/c more information is better than less information and now that we know she doesn't have reflux, we'll never have to worry about it again... not sure that was the answer we were looking for, but it calmed Brad down a bit. I think he's still pissed, but I think he'll get over it faster since the doctor said it was a necessary test. I guess it was better to do the test than to go through bladder infection after bladder infection and not know the cause.

And, since my niece seems to be chronically fighting a bladder infection and has constant accidents, I relayed all this information to my sister. I guess the doctor they'd been seeing said that Niece's infections were caused by poor wiping practices, but Sister said she's been wiping her personally using baby wipes and she's still getting infections. I told her to get Niece to pee more frequently and to clear out the poop like the doc told us and see if that made a difference with her. I know Niece holds it til she has accidents - she has easily 2 accidents a day, despite people demanding she go potty every so often. Time to break that holding habit.

Made some VERY un-whole30 choices this weekend. Feeling crappy and foot hurts like a bitch - worse than it has previously, but in a different place. It feels like the ligaments and tendons attached to my big toe are super super tight. Can't pull my toe up as far on the right foot as I can the left, so soaking it in warm water and will do some stretching when I'm done. Back to whole30 rules immediately and to see Dr. Lake on Tuesday. Might wait to run again until Wednesday. We'll see how it feels tomorrow.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Back to the usual grind tomorrow.