Page 382 of 590 FirstFirst ... 282332372380381382383384392432482 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,820 of 5892

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 382

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    How long does she have to go until she can retire?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    She's got 34 years in so she can go anytime she wants... and she makes $150,000 a year, and has a paid off house and all that, so she's financially ready to retire. She's planning to retire early next year, I think. Not sure what her plan is for after retirement. She recently called the retirement office to request a "retirement statement" which shows what her retirement pay and all that will be, and was told it would take six months to get it, so she told them she was taking "voluntary early retirement" (which is being used as a cost-savings initiative in the government right now - offering early retirement to reduce the workforce, thus reducing salary expenses), which is supposed to speed up the process of getting her statement to only six weeks, I think. So... I suppose she's ready to leave at any time. She won't tell anyone her age (although I could look in her personnel jacket to find out if I wanted to) but we estimate she's between 52 and 55. I can only hope I'm as financially stable and at a place to retire at 55!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Must be nice................ I'm 53 and still looking at a $185,000 mortgage. A very small 401K - that took a major dump with the economic tragedy and a self employed husband who didn't plan for retirement either. Our hope for retirement lays in selling the boatshop business - and maybe selling the house. If social security is still an option in 12 years we will probably do alright - but can't bank on that. If social security goes belly up......... the boatshop will be our only hope. We don't own the building, its leased. And if the current owner sells we'll be screwed!!! He hasn't the raised the rent in 20 years.

I don't like thinking about retirement too much........... it stresses me out!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

She and her husband both worked for the government. Both as high ranking officials. Both making 6 figures a year. He retired and now works for the city - probably making damn close to what he was making with the government. They paid off their house and recently sold it. I would imagine they used what they sold it for to buy their new house - which was new construction in one of those "cookie cutter" housing additions. They're very well off.

Talking potty training issues with people on Facebook - one girl I'm talking to is a daycare provider and potty trains kids all the time. I'm hoping we can get her trained SOON. I was planning to register the kids for school tomorrow, but I think I'll wait until the very last possible day so that I can monitor whether or not Makenna will be ready regarding potty training... then again, I could just send her in underwear and let her have a million accidents - of course, that's not fair to the teacher... and they'll probably kick her out if she has a million accidents. I probably need to talk to her teacher.

I'm very frustrated with potty training. I'm so done. So ready to just be finished! And I'm completely out of ideas... the daycare gal I'm talking to says I need to just put her in undies and tell her no more diapers. I'm so apprehensive. I'm fully convinced she won't be potty trained in time and I'll waste my money on registration.

I'd say listen to the daycare girl. Follow her instructions to the letter. If that doesn't work then I'd say you're little one isn't ready yet. Some kids just take longer.

Maybe the tests on Friday will offer an explanation??? For now - just relax.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I've been having so much fun reading Nom Nom Paleo that I haven't been here like at all today - except to post twice. She posted a recipe to her blog that is a twist on the Egg McMuffin. My husband and I LOVE egg mcmuffins, so this will probably be a hit.

I started my Whole30 on Monday. Today, I discovered I have lost 5 lbs. I am back to 175. And I haven't exercised a lick. Foot is feeling better - slowly. I no longer feel the need for pain medication, but can still tell its a bit irritated - especially when I walk barefoot. Been sticking to my tennis shoes for the most part to keep it relaxed and underworked. Optimistic about my 9 miler this weekend.

That's all I got... unless you want me to ramble.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Great to hear about the foot & the loss!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

canio6 Guest
    I love Nom Nom Paleo. Such great recipes and pictures of the blogger and her family enjoying real food.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I love Nom Nom Paleo. Such great recipes and pictures of the blogger and her family enjoying real food.
    I thought so too. She's got some nice looking recipes, and the pictures present them well. I truly enjoy reading her blog.

Oh, and my Peace Love and Low Carb blogger now has Peace Love and PALEO!!! Oh yeah!