Page 381 of 585 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391431481 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,810 of 5844

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 381

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Well, I thank you very much, kind Sir... now if you would simply direct him to frisk me, life would be ahhhh-mazing!
    LOL I haven't frisked anyone since Iraq. Though that is when I realized that one day I have to move to New Zealand not because the women are hot but ...oh yeah, because they are.

So sadly I can't help you out with getting frisked by Hotty McGuardason.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    lol Love the nickname!! lol

Speaking of work... the new Commander and the remaining Deputy do not have the same symbiotic relationship that was shared between Deputy and Old Commander... makes for some tension in the office. But I guess if she's mad at him, she's not mad at me.

I think we were all pretty blessed with the old Commander - even though he was terrible at saying he's sorry when he was wrong >.< He had a fun energy about him that the new commander doesn't have. Old Commander was relatively relaxed, "comfortable" as he called it.

Personally, I don't have a problem with the new boss. I think he's fine. But the Deputy has had some hardships b/c of his policies that the old commander didn't have. She and old commander had more of a complementary thing going on between them, whereas now new commander is directing her to do things instead of them discussing it and deciding together who would do what.

And she's been hinting that she's going to retire soon... I hope soon is a long way off - or that I get something else before then. So much constant change brings about a lot of anxiety for me - fear of the future kind of anxiety. But, all you can do is sit back and see how it plays out...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Yeah, hopefully you can get settled before they jack things up again. Sadly, that seems to be the Army way - just as you get comfortable they move you or your boss or your buddy or...yeah, it gets old. Best of luck!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

I'm already tired of it...

But I am FASCINATED by how a new soldier can come on board into their new job here and know what they're doing right away. Some of them are taking jobs they've never done before and they're rocking and rolling at it! Within a week they're subject matter experts! It's fascinating to me b/c I've been at this job almost 2 years and just now feel like I'm finally getting the hang of it.

*sigh* husbands... Today he sent me a message that he'd really like to see me spend my furlough days with one of the kids - i.e., take Brady fishing, alone; do something with Makenna, alone, etc. He says that they're growing up and they won't be little forever so I need to take advantage of this time and spend it with them doing one on one stuff... while I don't disagree, I have been using my Fridays to do things that are easier done without kids in tow while I have a guaranteed sitter, like my long runs that take anywhere from one to two hours, followed by one to two hours of stretching, ice bathing, showering, etc, and grocery shopping - much more enjoyable without kids. This opens up my entire Saturday and entire Sunday to spending with the kids doing things they enjoy - rather than plopping them in front of the tv while I clean, dragging two kids grocery shopping, etc. He doesn't think that's enough and I can do those things at other times... ooooookkkkk....

does that mean he's going to free up two hours of his Saturday so I can go run? Probably once or twice, but then something will happen that requires him to be away (like work, high priority (in his book) race car changes, etc), leaving me with a run to do and two kids to care for... No, I think it's smarter for me to run and get groceries and clean and whatever else on Fridays while they're at the sitter - a prepaid, guaranteed sitter. Does it not?

Additionally, I have a mild, yet annoying, headache today... Not sure if it's sinus related or Whole30 related.

Yes, it makes sense to do it while they are with a sitter. Of course, Brad could always spend time with them instead of say racing or the like. I am sure they would appreciate it, and it is a small sacrifice with them growing up and all.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Maybe he's feeling a little envious of your furlough days........... wishing he had the same freedom perhaps? It is your choice to use your furlough days as you see fit. Since the sitter is already paid for - it would be a waste of money to give up those days and keep the kids at home. In the BIG picture............ its only like 8 days out their lives that Brad is asking you to be with them. Is he going to do the same? If not.............. then he shouldn't be asking you to do this.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

His argument is that they are different kids when they are alone, logically b/c they're not competing for attention. I might be swayed to pick one of them up from daycare AFTER I run, but it seems dumb to pass up this guaranteed sitter time when I could be using it to ease the family burden that ensues when I run on Saturdays.

I think I may have figured out what is bothering my Deputy. She approached me about a calendar event I was working on that she hadn't been "invited" to. It was purely an oversight and not intentional at all, and as soon as I would have sent it out, I would have noticed she was not invited simply b/c it would not have populated on her calendar (I have both open at all times and would see right away that it hadn't been sent to her calendar). Anyhow, she approached me about it and said that she needs to be included on things and that she's still the deputy. I told her it was an accidental oversight and she commented that those kinds of oversights had been happening a lot lately - I'm not sure if that comment was directed at me as I'm not including her or if it's in general people are leaving her off the invite lists. Anyhow, I told her I'd fix it before I send the invite out (the calendar event was still in edit mode and there were a LOT of people still missing from the list). She expressed that she's very sensitive to that right now so I need to make sure she's included on everything. Will do! *cheerfulsalute*

Then a few minutes later I witnessed a conversation between her and the new COL where she appeared subservient to him, as opposed to his equal (by rank, she's an equal - by position she is only MINORLY below him, like a 1/4 inch lower than him b/c they're supposed to be partners). It dawned on me that she apparently feels less like a partner and more like an employee at this point. I feel bad for her. I can't imagine what it feels like to feel like your role is being striped b/c a new commander has stepped in. She and the old commander had such a great dynamic between the two of them - they were like spouses at work. Everything was a partnership, they tackled things as a team, and the atmosphere was amazing - lots of lighthearted banter, laughter, and jokes. People who had come into the office would always look at us funny when they were in meetings with the door shut b/c it sounded like there was more laughter and joking going on than work. They picked on each other constantly - with the old COL putting up pictures of her from high school ALL OVER THE PLACE, and her beating him up b/c his football team lost AGAIN that weekend. It was an awesome dynamic.

There's none of that now. We knew it would be different, but I certainly didn't expect it to be this tense! Personally, I like my job MORE now b/c I have more to do - the new COL relies on me more than the old COL did and I feel like I'm being given an opportunity to shine, but I do miss that "happy parents" dynamic. Hopefully it'll improve as time goes on, but at this point it feels like the Deputy is just holding on until retirement (she keeps dropping hints that she's leaving).