Page 379 of 593 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379380381389429479 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 379

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    My foot seems *ok* this morning. Right now, I'm waiting out the rain. Not feeling especially motivated, positive, inspired, etc this morning so the rain really isn't appreciated. It's dark and dreary... and if I'm going to run, it has to happen today b/c Brad's working tomorrow so I'll have to find something to do with the kids while I go for the run... so, hopefully the radar is correct and the rain will die off in the next hour. I'm sleepy, so maybe I'll lay down for a bit.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Jenn, did you change your running posture since starting to run barefoot? See this: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jio7DK1...%3DJio7DK15Q1E
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    that's a very cool video!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I've been running barefoot since last fall or something like that. I remember i used to walk to the gym in my runners and switch into my vibrams when I got there. I haven't seen your video - my sound card is bad so there's no sound when I watch videos. I'll have to watch it at another time.

Ran 8 miles today. They were good miles. Also found 10 geocaches while out running - and then found 3 more with the kids tonight.

At gluten for the first time in I don't know how long... minor cramping, and horrid gas ensued. Whole30 starting Monday.

Oh, foot felt fine while running and feels pretty good now too. There's some minor pain with walking and what not, but I'm not limping, which is the important part.

Foot was a bit on the unhappy side today. I tried wearing shoes to see if that lessened the discomfort at all - only worked mildly.

I have learned that my foot is happier after an ice bath than it is after an epsom bath. So, I'm going to stick to ice I think.

Very unseasonable weather around here today. It's in the 60's in the middle, no end, of July... what the hell? When did I move to Alaska??? It's going to be really weird carrying a sweatshirt into the races this time of year, but our drivers should be happy. Those race suits are hot.

I have a ton of cucumbers and zucchini from the garden so I got some jars to start some canning. Not sure what I'm going to do with the zucchini yet, but I plan to make pickles with the cucumbers. Just have to find a recipe we're happy with for the pickles.

Sabine is online now Senior Member
    Do you have a dehydrator? Zucchini chips are AWESOME! You can also dry chunks to throw into soups.

Day 1 of my umpteenth whole30... things I'm looking for this time: diminished foot pain (from the stupid tendonitis) - that's my primary focus. I will also be watching for improvements in acne, weight, etc... all the usual stuff.

Today, BOTH feet hurt. Same spot on each foot. I think it's definitely caused by increasing my mileage in the Vibrams too quickly. I followed the general rules of running - increase by no more than 10% of your weekly mileage each week (which right now is just over 1 mile per week), but even one mile additional per week is a lot when you're moving to a different kind of shoe and your feet are doing a different kind of work. I may have to consider running in a pair of minimalist shoes instead of the vibrams. This is a bummer for me b/c that'll require me to buy a new pair of shoes, and it'll require me to transition backwards... but, I need to consider it all the same. I don't want to miss every one of my half marathons b/c I was too stubborn to go back to minimalists... As long as there's no heel rise, I should be ok.

I have 4 training weeks left before the half marathon (4 training weeks, plus one active rest week). That's not much time to fix my feet. I really really really REALLY hope the week long rest (not even going to lift this week) and the Whole30 will help. I forsee a depressed slump if it doesn't improve quickly...

Glad to see PrimalCajun is back. If you haven't noticed yet, check out her journal. She's returned. I missed her!

Oh, and Candy, I have the video queued up. I'll watch it when the bosses go to their meeting in a bit.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I watched that video. Thanks Candy. There are three points in that video - foot strike, posture and stride. I already have the foot strike and stride down. Posture might need a bit of work. I'm not sure if the posture would have caused my tendonitis or not, but it's something to look into. I DO know that the tendonitis hurts less while running when I use the faster stride - and consequently, it speeds up my pace too.

I still think the pain is caused by an overuse injury - using the tendons too hard/much in too short of a time - didn't allow for enough build up of strength in the feet before going hog wild with half marathon training... but I put the vidoe out there for my chiropractor to look at and see if she thinks posture could be the cause, or strictly overuse. If it's just a posture thing, I'll be all for making changes. Hopefully it's something so easy!
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 07-29-2013 at 10:23 AM.