Page 377 of 593 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387427477 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,770 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 377

canio6 Guest
    Yeah, I am not sure how you would replicate the ranch taste without the dairy. Dang, that sucks.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Totally screwed up... I went upstairs and started to make a salad. Instinctually, I put cheese on it... *shit* So, if I was already going to be eating cheese, might as well have some ranch dressing too... *sigh*

All that for a freaking fork - we ran out of forks in our office and in order to get forks from the cafeteria, you have to buy something.

Dang. Oh well. I'm sure it'll be good.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

So, I just learned that a 21 year old who used to work in our command married her former boss, who is 40+ years her senior... We believe he's 63 (retired from the Army as a Colonel). He was married previously and has grandchildren.

So, given the typical parenting timeline, if he was 20 when he had his first child with his first wife, that child would be 40ish now. If that child had a child at the age of 20ish, then this retired colonel's grandchild would be 20ish... the same age as his new wife... if this grandchild is in a situation to have a child, the wife, who is certifiably only 21 years old, could be a GREAT GRANDMOTHER before she becomes a mother - potentially... Wait? WHAT? WTF??? This boggles the mind...

Wow... my mind reels. I realize love has no age limits, but seriously? How do you even start seeing someone that much older/younger than you as a viable option? How do you become romantically interested in someone your grandfather's age?? HOW?

So... weird...

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    How do you become romantically interested in someone your grandfather's age?? HOW?
    Stability, and soon to be his retirement, death benefit, insurance, and god knows what else when he kicks the bucket. Sure, his former wife might get half (depending on the length of their marriage) but it sounds like she is set for a pay day. Of course, I am cynical.

All fixed up by the Princess of Pain. She says it's not broken - just some soft tissue issues that I need to work through.

When she was done doing her magic, she said "CURED! Go run!"

So, tomorrow I run.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Stability, and soon to be his retirement, death benefit, insurance, and god knows what else when he kicks the bucket. Sure, his former wife might get half (depending on the length of their marriage) but it sounds like she is set for a pay day. Of course, I am cynical.
    Me too...

But seriously... she's never experienced marriage before. Hell, she hasn't even finish college yet, so she hasn't even experienced LIFE yet and now she's married to a 60 year old... kind of makes me shudder...

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Me too...

But seriously... she's never experienced marriage before. Hell, she hasn't even finish college yet, so she hasn't even experienced LIFE yet and now she's married to a 60 year old... kind of makes me shudder...
    She has a guy supporting her through school and will have plenty of time for marriage 10 years from now at 31 with no college debt, kids, or financial worries thanks to dead husband number one.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    First question for miss gravy robber............. what kind of relationship did/does she have with her father? If it was bad or if she had NO father --- then 90% chance she's looking to fill a void in her life. If its not the father-figure thing - then she's just out to get some money when the old guy kicks the bucket.

Glad to hear the foot is good to GOOOOOO!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Hi folks... spent the morning scoping out geocaches... so I've been absent. I found 3 geocaches on the river trail near work and made a plan to acquire them all. I ended up running 5 miles and ran them really really fast for me. 9:43 seconds per mile... that's like faster than 6 miles per hour (which is a 10 minute mile). I ran FIVE miles in less than 50 minutes!! 48:34 to be exact... that has NEVER happened in my history of running. EVER. Not even when I was in the army... and I did it on a bum foot... which is especially bum now... oy. It's gonna hurt tomorrow. I wish it would STOP hurting - especially since she can't find anything structurally wrong with it. Damn tendons.

Anyhow, I found 3 geocaches, ran 5 miles and hit my fastest ever pace for anything longer than a mile (one time for a test, I ran 1 mile in 8 minutes and something seconds). I'm pretty happy with today's run, despite the soreness in my foot.

**BEAMING**

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Kids and I went geocaching again tonight and found 4 more hidden caches. 7 total caches for today. Brady and Makenna really seem to enjoy finding them. I'll post pics of 4 of the 5 the kids and I have found together (phone was too low on battery to catch a pic of the last one we found). I'll have to post them from my phone b/c my computer doesn't want to cooperate... *sigh*