Page 376 of 555 FirstFirst ... 276326366374375376377378386426476 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,760 of 5549

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 376

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    It's fun and there are caches just about everywhere you go. Go to Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site to check it out. Punch in a zip code and it'll show you all the caches for that area. It requires a GPS device (for the most ease - I suppose you could probably do it without GPS) or a GPS enabled phone. If you use your phone, the app is $10. I have a Garmin GPS device that I use and just have the coordinates sent to it. A lot of people who geocache will stop and seek out caches while traveling - even just a short distance. Someone stopped in Wilton and found two of the caches we looked for yesterday on their way by while traveling from Nebraska to Ohio or something like that. It'd be a great break from the hum-drum of driving if you were to stop and look for caches while on a family trip.

We call it "treasure hunting".
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

4 mile run today. Foot was unhappy but went along with it anyway. At one point I was running down the messinine (sp??) that provides access from the bike trail to Government Bridge and tripped. It's got a gradual stairstep kind of incline to it. It'll incline a bit, then level off, then incline a bit, then level off again - not sure the purpose. Anyhow, while going down, my body wanted to keep following the incline down, but of course, the incline flattened out and I caught my foot on this flat part. Sent a jolt of pain through my foot and helped me to realize that maybe I did injure the foot when I felt that first time. I need to see when it was that I tripped that one time and see if it coincides with when I started complaining about my foot. Might need that xray after all. Maybe I chipped a footbone or something. We'll see how it feels over the next few days.

And I did my good deed for the day. About 2 minutes away from my turn around point, I noticed a gentleman struggling to get out of his wheelchair and into his truck. I kept running assuming he would get it figured out, but after I turned around and came back, I saw he was still struggling so I asked if he needed help. I ended up helping him get into his truck. He was a double amputee. I didn't notice that when I went by him the first time or I would have stopped then. He was very grateful and thanked me kindly. *warm fuzzies*

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Nice of you to help

Sorry for the stumble and the pain. Maybe an x-ray is in order. Wouldn't want to get any closer to the big run day without knowing if there is something more than a just a strain going on with the foot.

The geo-caching sounds fun I think I'll check out whats in the area.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Did a quick search of the caches around my office... there are zero on the island (likely b/c they'd be removed by security as being "suspicious") but there are a few along the routes I run off-island. In fact, just reading the description of one, I know where it's at, I just need to run out that way on Wednesday to snag it.

I'll check Muscatine too as that's where I plan to do my long runs in the weeks to come. Maybe I'll be able to find a few while out on a run.

What do you do when you find it? keep it or put it back? Replace it?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

You open it, sign the log book, and put it back where you found it for the next person to find. Then you go onto Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site and sign the online log book to show you found it (this is helpful b/c it will replace the cache icon on the screen with a smiley face so you don't try to find it a second time).

There are 19 different caches on the route I am running on Friday... I'd like to stop and find them all, but that would require me to constantly look at my GPS receiver and would take FOREVER to run the 8 miles. Might stop for a couple though. Haven't decided yet. Depends on the difficulty, maybe.

Foot is screaming today. Doesn't seem to want to "flex" or bend like normal - neither the foot or the ankle. I think I jammed it yesterday. Made a call to the Princess of Pain but she's booked solid today. Placed my name on the wait list in case someone cancels. In case no one cancels, I'm scheduled for Thursday - which will cause problems with Wednesday's run, I'm afraid. Frustrated doesn't begin to explain how I feel about this. I wonder if it would be safe to take a double dose or two of the anti-inflammatory the doctor prescribed. It's 75 mg of diclofenac (Voltaren is the brand name). I should research the proper doses of this med and maybe call my doctor for her advice.

Have two of those under the skin zit/cyst things. Thank you dairy.

Damn dairy! Gotta stay clear of that stuff!

Sorry about the foot pain.......... it sounds dreadful! Have you tried an Epsom salts foot bath with really hot water? Or maybe an ice bath is in order? Never sure which is the proper thing - ice or heat? I hope you can get in to the doc today for a little relief. Sure seems like after all this pain an x-ray is in order.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

I have an appointment with the Princess of Pain at 2:45 today. There was a cancellation and I got the appointment. Thankful for that b/c I didn't want to wait til Thursday (the clinic she works at is closed on Wednesdays to process paperwork and whatnot) - they don't even answer the phone long enough to schedule appts for Thursday!

I have done an epsom bath and an ice bath. Not sure if either were beneficial b/c the foot didn't hurt when I did them. I'll try to remember to do the epsom soak tonight.

Craving ranch dressing thanks to the XO eating a salad with ranch as part of his lunch... Normally I would splurge b/c I love ranch, but it's a dairy product and I'm trying to avoid them... *sigh*