Page 375 of 593 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385425475 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 375

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Furlough Friday activities:

Ran 7 miles
    Took two baths
    Took a shower
    Washed some dishes
    Got groceries
    Made deviled eggs
    Going to a cookout with sister and her new squeeze
    Greeting Brad when he gets home from NC

Oy. Full day.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Furlough Friday activities:

Ran 7 miles
    Took two baths
    Took a shower
    Washed some dishes
    Got groceries
    Made deviled eggs
    Going to a cookout with sister and her new squeeze
    Greeting Brad when he gets home from NC

Oy. Full day.

Damn, that is a full day. Have fun at the cook out and I hope Brad's flight arrives safely.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I hope Brad's flight arrives safely.
    Thank you.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Oye! sounds like my day!

I was up at 5:45 - stripped the bed and started a load of laundry, then cleaned the master bath top to bottom and sideways too, and changed the toilet seat. I vacuumed the entire house, and got out the carpet cleaner for the dirty spots! I watered the patio pots, did a second load of laundry and made the bed. Dusted the house. Mowed all the grass after edging with the weed eater, and picking up poop - then I got out the blower and cleaned off the driveway. I did 4 x 20 speed jumps with the jump rope. I stacked wood for tonights fire. and hosed off the patio. Talked to man about getting new window screens. Talked to FedEx man delivering our patio chair cushions. I got the sprinkler running - its a John Deere tractor that is gear driven - so spread out 400 feet of hose and let her run all day! then I took a shower and I went to the store, came home and made a cobbler, a mango salsa and 10 shrimp/pineapple skewers for the grill. Now I need to clean the kitchen before my guests arrive! Better get off MDA!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Went geocaching with the kids today. Perfect primal activity. Went to my mom's and got 3 heads of broccoli. Then picked in my own garden - got another yellow squash, zucchini and 6 cucumbers. Dishes are going now and kids are napping. About to start some laundry and lay down for a short rest myself until brad gets home from work. Not sure what we'll do this evening, if anything. Brad hasn't had a day off in 2 weeks so he might just want to chill out. As long as everyone is in a friendly, cooperative mood, I'll be ok with that.

My response to this article:

My message is in response to the Smart Paleo article in the July 2013 edition of Max Sport and Fitness. While I think a majority of the article is good, I think you missed the mark completely on why Paleo followers do not eat grains. We don't focus on the political aspects of grains... it quite honestly has little to do with politics. Grains are known gut irritants, linked to illnesses such as Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, irritable bowel syndrome, and leaky gut, which leads to a multitude of auto-immune illnesses. We don't boycott grains b/c we hate Monsanto... if that was the reason we'd have to boycott most commercially produced meats as well as most commercial farms feed Monsanto raised grains. Some might hold the political values close to their hearts, but overall grains are shunned because they are gut irritants with little to no nutritional benefit - we can get all the vitamins and minerals present in grains in other foods such as vegetables and meats without the upset digestive system. I also feel bad for the trainer who said he wasn't able to consume enough calories on Paleo... he needs to pick up some bacon and slather on some butter (Paleo followers don't completely shun diary - most will still consume butter). If he wasn't getting enough calories, he wasn't doing it right.

Thank you for the basic info article and for helping us to spread the word about this way of eating. It's not very often that we see a positive article about Paleo, especially in fitness magazines. Most articles I run across indicate that its a bad way to live but fail to explain their reasoning. Aside from the bit on grains, I enjoyed the article and have shared it with friends. Thank you.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Nice response! How was geo-caching?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

It was fun - for me anyway. I enjoyed it. We set out to find 3 caches, and only found one, but we didn't even search for the 3rd. Kids decided they were hungry and tired, so we went home for lunch and naps. I think we'll head out and find the second and third ones again next weekend.

While I was making breakfast for the week last night, Brad requested only one egg in his breakfasts. He is now taking 3 slices of bacon, hashbrowns and 1 egg... When we started making our breakfasts to save money, he was taking 3 eggs... now he's down to 1. I can't help but wonder if he's cutting back in an effort to lose weight - in which case I would recommend he lose the hashbrowns and stick with the 3 eggs... but, *shrug* he's gotta figure it out on his own right? And maybe that's not his reason. When I asked, he didn't given a reason.

Weight remaining steady at 178. Planning to do the Official Whole30 in August.

Consumed dairy this weekend. Foot hurts again today. Mildly. Gut is also less than perfect. Of course, also consumed a corndog... could have been some gluten in the breading. But corndogs are yummy and I hadn't had one in so very long that I decided to splurge. It was worth it. The nachos I followed it up with were not...

Today is a 4 mile run day. Mildly excited, mildly apprehensive given my unhappy gut. I hope it goes well.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Have always wanted to try the geo-caching thing. Might suggest that hubby.............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation