Page 373 of 577 FirstFirst ... 273323363371372373374375383423473 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,730 of 5761

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 373

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    There's really nothing more mentally debilitating than feeling broke and working for the Army...
    ftfy.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

tomi is offline Senior Member
    oh I don't know the techniques of lifting so I guess I shouldn't offer my ignorant opinion!

Have you thought about going to a different institution for a debt consolidation loan? They might have more relaxed guidelines.

And yes............ being broke is the worst feeling - especially when you have 2 good incomes and you're still broke. Been there. It really sucks.

Sometimes you have to do drastic things to get your finances back under control. I'm sure you'll get it figured out and taken care of in time. Getting Brad on the same page and onto the same goal will make it LOTS easier. When I explained to hubby the benefits of paying off the mortgage asap he was all for funneling all our assets into that goal.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    ftfy.
    hahaha thanks.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

So, now my other foot is starting to fuss... I really think it's tendonitis and I think it's directly related to the running - not sure if it's frequency, over-training, increasing distance too quickly, or the 5-Finger shoes that is causing the problems. I'll be googling tendonitis in the toes soon.

Down to 177 today. Only 2 lbs to go to get back to my lowest weight.

Yesterday I deadlifted 175 lbs. I am considering that my body weight as I know the little added weight I've got going on is temporary. So, yesterday, I deadlifted my body weight. YAY ME!

Brad is in North Carolina til late Friday night. The kids miss him. The dog (the stupid yellow one) misses him. Dog was driving me nuts with his anxiety last night. I think he was antsy b/c Brad wasn't home. Kept wanting to go outside and refusing to lay down and relax. Nothing makes my anxiety ramp up more than my dog just standing in the middle of the room... just standing there... wtf, dog??

Going to attempt potty training my daughter again this weekend. It needs to get done. Preschool starts in a month!!

are you enjoying the time with Brad gone or are you like me and you're counting down the hours until he gets back? I hate being away from hubby........
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Counting down actually. I feel less secure in our home when he's gone and I feel more frazzled with the kids' needs and the dogs' needs. And I worry about his safety - like the flight and all that. Of course, I'm fearful of the worst things happening and getting worried about nothing. The likelihood that anything will happen to him is slim, but ya know... worriers will worry. But we'll get through. It's only 2 more nights.

I'm exactly the same. When he's at work I worry about accidents - like massive boat motors falling on him or other stupid things. When he's traveling I worry about auto accidents on the freeway. I usually lay awake most of the night fearing someone will break into the house. Now that all the kids are out of the house - when he's gone I'm all alone. that sorta freaks me out.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

So, I did some reading and researching regarding the pain in my (now) feet. The left foot started talking this morning in the same place.

It's either tendonitis, a stress fracture, or cancer... lol You know how it is when you read things on the internet.

I'm leaning toward tendonitis b/c, well, cancer is a bit out there... and with the stress fracture they said it would continue to hurt for hours to days after a run and that the pain would be increased when you apply pressure to the area. The pain is still present after a run, but only when I walk on it. It's not constant like the article lead me to believe it would be, and I can't palpate the area and produce any painful sensations, so I don't think it's a stress fracture.

Dr. Lake (aka the Princess of Pain) has fixed tendonitis in my shin before while I was still running 3x per week and running half marathons and such, so until she tells me I have to stop running, I'm going to keep at it. Continuing to take my NSAIDs and seeing her for ART. Continuing the no dairy experiment as well.

I think it was brought on by running in vibrams. That does not mean that the shoes are the cause, rather than my feet were weak and I didn't give them enough time to properly strengthen before jumping into really long runs. So, strengthening will have to be added to my list of things to do. Gonna have to research how to strengthen the muscles and ligaments of the feet. I think a stability ball will be required (like a bosco ball or whatever those things are called that are half ball/half platform). maybe some resistance bands... research is required.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I think it was brought on by running in vibrams. That does not mean that the shoes are the cause, rather than my feet were weak and I didn't give them enough time to properly strengthen before jumping into really long runs. So, strengthening will have to be added to my list of things to do. Gonna have to research how to strengthen the muscles and ligaments of the feet. I think a stability ball will be required (like a bosco ball or whatever those things are called that are half ball/half platform). maybe some resistance bands... research is required.
    If I remember correctly Patrick had a similar issue when he first started barefoot running. He may have some tips in his journal about recovery/foot strength. I seem to recall that he did or perhaps on his blog. If nothing else, drop him a PM or a note in his journal. He's a cool and helpful dude.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Thanks, Jon!