Page 372 of 584 FirstFirst ... 272322362370371372373374382422472 ... LastLast
Results 3,711 to 3,720 of 5836

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 372

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    My daughter has to have a procedure done in response to her bladder infection. The doctor said that anytime someone presents with a bladder infection that does not have bladder infection symptoms, they look at the kidneys. Specifically, they look for reflux in the ureters (tubes that go to the bladder from the kidneys). There are two ureters that go to the bladder, one from each kidney. At the junction between the bladder and the ureters, there is a sphincter muscle that is supposed to prevent reflux back into the ureters/kidney. If those muscles aren't working properly, urine will creep back up the ureters and over time can cause damage to the ureters and/or kidneys. The doctor wants to do a test that will test these muscles. She said they'll fill Kenna's bladder with water and check for backflow into the ureters. If there is, we'll take action to fix the problem. If not, I guess we're in the clear. I'm really quite nervous about it b/c I think that if there's a problem with one of the muscles, they'll have to do surgery to fix it.

Nervous Mommy here... The appointment is scheduled for August 2.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    [[hugs]] I hope all goes well.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Best of luck to your little one.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Reading up on Mayo's website. Sounds like it's not a serious issue and that most kids grow out of the muscle weakness that causes the reflux, if reflux is present. Also says that it tends to run in families, so may be genetic. My niece tested negative for the reflux, so that gives me hope that Makenna will also test negative.

My sister says the test sucks. They gave my niece a drug that made her loopy/drunk to relax her, but sister says she would have preferred they put her completely under for the procedure. She said it was not pleasant. My niece is 2 years older than my daughter.

Here is what the Mayo Clinic has to say about this (possible) condition, should anyone be interested. Vesicoureteral reflux - MayoClinic.com

All I wanted to eat last night was strawberries with heavy whipping cream and chocolate chips... dairy cravings suck.

Brad leaves for NC today. Won't see him again until close to 11 on Friday night. It's his first time flying. Probably should have sent him with a Xanax... I think I'll encourage him to get a beer from the airport before taking off to calm his nerves. He's as nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs on a normal basis, so flying for the first time should have him reeling.

Hitting the gym today for some barbell love. Going to assess my current strength after so much time off and try to get back into a rhythm. I miss deadlifts and squats. I will probably do deadlifts and overhead press today.

Having a bit of gut unhappiness today. Not sure what that's about. Maybe it's the hormone shift from the Russian Circus leaving town.

After rambling yesterday I really don't have much to say today... hmmm... guess I'll go read some journals.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Sorry about the little one having to go through that yucky sounds procedure. At least they will give her something to relax and make her less fearful.

Do you think the dead lifts have anything to do with the foot pain?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

No. I haven't done deadlifts for a long time. And the foot doesn't hurt while lifting. Only while walking/running. I'm thinking it's a tendonitis, which comes from overuse, and since I'm just standing while doing deadlifts, they would not impact it.

So, I just discovered that my introductory period on my credit card is apparently expired. I'm now paying 15.99% interest on the card. This kind of pisses me off b/c as a result, my payment has gone up. It was $104, now it's $120. That might not be much to the average person, but we're struggling financially right now and that $16 makes a difference. I'm so frustrated and overwhelmed by our finances that I could just scream and say fukitol. I guess there's no longer any hurry to pay off this damn credit card if it's no longer interest free. No reason to kill ourselves over it. As such, I'm going to redo our budget... F*ck this shit... I should just call the bank and take a personal loan to pay it off. The interest rate would be WAY cheaper.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I just thought maybe the dead lifting had something to do with due to extra weight put on your feet when you're lifting. Something has to support your weight, plus the poundage you're lifting --- it all comes down to the feet.

Sorry about the credit card. If it were me --- I'd do a debt consolidation loan and work on the whole pile in one shot. The kicker would be absolutely no more credit usage until the debt was paid in full.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

The pain is in the front of my foot and when you lift, you push through the heels.

Our debt is too high for our credit union to do a debt consolidation loan. Debt consolidation loans are "personal loans", i.e. no collateral, and our debt is too high for no collateral.

Ok, I think I have everything square again... November 2017 is our completely out of debt month - excluding the mortgage - until we throw a curve ball by adding a new(ish) car at some point in the next year. Maybe we'll just continue to drive this car... I want to at least have that damn Citibank card paid off before we get a new(ish) car.

There's really nothing more mentally debilitating than feeling broke...