Page 371 of 593 FirstFirst ... 271321361369370371372373381421471 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,710 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 371

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    cleaned out my inbox at Paula's prodding... I went from 2105 messages down to 1.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    nice job!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

So.... hmmm... interesting correlation here. My foot it seems is not just irritated nerve-wise. I think there is a bit of tendonitis going on as well... so, as I was running today I was considering all the things that changed around the time that the foot pain started to escalate... I searched back through my journal here and discovered my foot pain started on or around the 20th. I searched back a bit further and realized that I broke my whole30 on the 16th.

Now, I'm not saying that Whole30 is my answer... but I do believe it is PART of the answer. My suspicion is that the inflammation I'm experiencing that is causing this tendonitis is part and parcel to numerous things - first and foremost being running a lot, but I think I'd be ok if my diet was still one of an anti-inflammatory nature - i.e. dairy free.

Since I've reintroduced dairy, I've developed a dry stuffiness in my nose, a constant need to clear my throat, increased 'stuff' in my eyes upon waking, changes in BM consistency (not frequency, just consistency), zits on my face and chest, and this foot pain... I've gained a bit of weight (3 lbs) and my belly is a touch more squishy (bloat??). So, I'll be doing another experiment...

No dairy for 2 weeks. This makes me sad b/c I've been enjoying strawberries and whipped heavy cream again. I will be starting this tomorrow b/c lunch today is heavy in the cream and I have no other option b/c the cafeteria is long since closed and I have no other food.

I am optimistic that this will relieve the inflammation and make my foot feel better again. *fingers crossed*

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Have you tried whipping coconut milk like heavy cream? Really hits the spot when I'm desperate for whipped cream.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I haven't but I will.

*** TMI

Russian Circus has started. The cramps and spasms are back and just as bad as they were last month. Last month I suspected it could have been either Vitex or the probiotic causing them... but I have not taken either of them for the entire month, so that should sufficiently rule those two possible causes out. The cramping and spasms disturbed my sleep last night and I ended up grabbing a heating pad and sleeping on my stomach on it starting about 2:30. Slept well after that. The anti-inflammatory the dr prescribed for this situation is not helping a single bit. Not one iota... It IS however, helping my foot. No toe soreness today and only mild nerve pain in the ankle. I can't take any ibuprofen with this anti-inflammatory, but I can take Tylenol. Might see if it will help with the cramping/spasming. I think the human cannonball act is the first act to take place in my circuses now and it's a 2 day show... Ugh...

*** /TMI

Donating blood this afternoon and then off the rest of the day. Off tomorrow for Furlough Friday.

OH! Not sure if any of you saw on Facebook yesterday but I got a haul from my garden last night! I got 6 zucchini, 3 yellow/summer squash, and 3 cucumbers. 4 of the zucchini are HUGE! I'll post a pic in a little bit. Gonna have to do it from the phone app.

I suppose. Gonna try to get a little bit of journal reading done. Been really busy at work with the new commander transitioning in and it's completely sucked up all my "goof off and read MDA" time...

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Have you had your hormone levels checked by your doc yet?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

No. She wanted me to get on hormonal bc to fix the issue (temporarily) but I wanted to ride it out and see if it would improve. This month is an improvement on last month so far... the spasming is less intense/frequent and the cramping is definitely less intense. I don't feel physically ill this time. But, there again, I'm taking an anti-inflammatory so maybe that is helping some... I kind of want to ride it out a bit longer to see if next month will also be an improvement or not. I have a yearly due very soon - actually due this month, but when we talked about my periods, she allowed me to wait three months or so before making any decisions regarding treatment options.

I saw her in May when I felt discomfort upon walking - every step was a throb in my uterus - running was torture. Prior to that period, I took Vitex every day. 3 capsules the first 2 weeks, 2 capsules the last two weeks, discontinued during period.

June started the more intense cramping and the HORRID intestinal spasms, but I thought maybe they could be related to the probiotic. Took 2 vitex daily for first two weeks, then stopped taking all together thinking maybe Vitex was hurting me. Started a probiotic 3 days before period started. Assumed probiotic was waging war since the spasms were in the lower intestinal region.

July - no vitex, no probiotic. Walking throbs in uterus, intestinal spasms, but less frequent and less intense, however also taking an anti-inflammatory (prescription) for foot tendonitis/nerve pain.

Who knows what to think of all that...

Pretty uneventful weekend - full of bad-for-me-but-gluten-free foods. Lots of sugar.

Thursday afternoon I attempted to give blood. I had a feeling going in that it was a doomed attempt. First off, I was in the middle of the Russian Circus, so I suspected my iron would be low. It was for the first test, but the second test came back 'normal', so I was allowed to proceed. Second, my resting pulse rate was 45, so I had to be blessed off by the charge nurse. She noted on my profile that I'm an avid runner and train for "marathons" as she put it so that if there is ever another super low resting pulse or low blood pressure, they understand why and don't immediately freak out about it. Third, the phlebotomist (or whatever they call donor people) was having trouble getting a flash when she put the needle in (flash = initial show of blood inside the tubing) and it was flowing VERY slowly... It kept setting the alarm off on the machine that draws the blood. So, the phlebotomist dug around a bit and was still unable to get a good blood flow. Finally, after 100 mL, she pulled the needle - yep... blood clot at end of needle... this didn't suprise me a bit b/c when the guy doing the inprocessing went to put a bandaid on the spot where he pricked my finger for the iron check, he couldn't fine the spot b/c it had already clotted up. He said "Well, we know your platelet count is good if this is clotted already"... that was hint number 4 that this wasn't going to go well...

So, no donation for me this time around. I still get credit in my records as having donated 500 mL, so that's cool at least. I don't get to go back until September 5th.

After that I went home and pressure washed the deck and driveway. I have decided I want to whitewash the deck... just gotta find out how much that will cost and pick a day to do it.

Thursday night, SIL asked me if I had any plans for Friday night. Expecting her to ask me to watch her boy while she went out for a run (she's taken up running - super cool if you ask me!), but she asked me if I wanted to have a girls' night out. She's never asked me this before so I was kind of shocked and apprehensive. I couldn't figure out why she wanted to hang out with me all of a sudden. She told me later that she saw on FB that her cousin and cousin's SIL hang out a lot and she realized we really don't, and she wanted to change that. So Friday night we went to Applebee's for dinner and to Despicable Me 2 (in 3D - I'd never seen a 3D movie so she decided we needed to go to a 3D movie). It was good. Funny and happy.

Before we went out Friday night, I ran 6 miles, then restored the headlights on my car - they aren't perfect, but they're a hell of a lot better than they were - then weeded most of the garden. I have to weed around the squashes and beans yet, but got most of the garden done on Friday. Busy day with very little sit-down time until the date with SIL.

Saturday, she and I decided to take our 3 kids to see Despicable Me 2. They enjoyed it. It was Brady and Makenna's first visit to a movie theater. I was worried at first b/c Makenna was scared, clung to my lap and had her ears covered, but about half way through she relaxed. Then as we were driving home we saw a local farm store was hosting an EMS day event with all kinds of fire trucks, ambulances and a life-flight helicopter, so we stopped at that, checked stuff out, watched the helicopter take off, then went home for naps, followed by a night at the races. Busy busy day for the three kids!

Sunday, we mostly relaxed and did laundry. When Brad got home from work we went and got groceries. BUSY weekend.

Dairy... I'm going to count today as day 1 dairy free, even though lunch has a bit of dairy in it. My foot feels "ok" but not perfect. Still taking the prescription anti-inflammatory to keep it at bay while I eliminate the dairy. I'm not doing real well so far, which is why today will be day 1. I think I need to just do a 2 week whole30 to keep myself on track, but I'm apprehensive b/c I was thinking about doing the official W30 that's set for August. I think I'll wait on the W30 and just do dairy free primal for now - that way I can still enjoy white potatoes and sweeteners.

This week I'm going to scale back the running a bit. Most half marathon training plans account for one or two step-back weeks where the long weekend run is scaled back by 1-2 miles. So, after running a 10 miler, the following week's long run would be 8 miles or so, then ramp back up to 10 miles the following week. I don't have enough time to allow for cutting back the mileage via the long run, so instead I'll reduce my two shorter runs. I'll run a 2 mile run and a 3 mile run this week, and stick to the 7 miles I planned to do on Friday, which will reduce my weekly mileage by 1.5 miles overall. It'll be a nice little break and will allow me to take a different route while running at work, lessening the dullness. Running the same route over and over and over again gets kind of dull after a while.

I suppose... that's all I've really got - just rambles.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Cycling the same routes while I was "training" (aka practicing) for the ride to work got really boring. It's nice to be able to switch things up!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Starting right now (with the exception of the butter on my lunch)... no refined sugar (maple syrup or honey is ok), no dairy - almost Whole30 rules.

I will allow any fresh meat, veggie and fruit I want - to include white potatoes.

For the rest of August.

This shouldn't be too difficult b/c I'm not really restricting anything. I'm basically doing dairy free primal. I need to see if dairy is the cause of my foot pain. I KNOW it's the cause of my phlegminess.

August will be much of the same, with an exception for Brad's birthday on/around the 8th (not sure when his birthday celebration will be). There will be chocolate zucchini cake - but I believe MIL will be making it gluten free again since it turned out so well the last time. There will be refined sugar in that. The meal will consist of fried fish (blech! I'll bake some in ghee) and potato salad (again, blech - her's wasn't so good last time - I could taste the nasty bitter oils in it) and probably something else, but I don't know what yet. The details are still sketchy. But, that's 3 weeks away yet.

Brad leaves for North Carolina Tuesday evening so getting a start on dairy free won't be tough. I'll just leave it out of any cooking I do this week. Easy peasy. He returns Friday night - late Friday night.

Ok, that's the plan...