Page 370 of 553 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372380420470 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,700 of 5525

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 370

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I just realized something while reading/commenting on Paula's journal... my family is not paleo - or even primal - by any stretch. I strive to be. Our household meals are more primal than not, but it's still not 100% there... and I don't think it ever will be... so I'll be perpetually making two meals every single night until the kids move out... which feels like a prison sentence.

If only I didn't react to dairy... if only it wasn't a trigger for me. it seems like such a hard task to avoid dairy... if only it wasn't so hard to get back on the no-dairy track once I've stepped off...

Man... feeling pretty bummed right now - over dairy. Really?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I'm sorry the dairy woes are getting you down Maybe if you think of it as a true allergy it will help you stay clear of it and eventually the craving/yearning will subside. I am totally lactose intolerant - so even a slight bit of milk or ice cream without a lactaid will send me into digestive agony and explosive diarrhea........... that's enough to call it the bane of satan in my book.

Awesome fish!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Sympathy for your dairy woes and I hope you resolve your foot issue. Glad you've maintained instead of gained!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

F 5'9" | 32 yrs old | small frame | HW: 187 | CW: 177.2 | GW: 135

Holy crap! That run totally sucked! It was hot and I felt heavy... I blame my lack of diet over the last few days and a totally stale 3.5 mile route.

Foot squaked during the first 1/4 mile or so and then quieted down to a mild whisper. Still only whispering when I walk. But, before I headed out, I took 800 mg of ibuprofen, so that might be why it quieted down. Quads started talking in one spot each during the last mile. Felt like a knot had formed. I really need to spend some time rolling things out tonight.

I'm toying with the idea of retiring from half marathoning after this year. It seems every time I try, I end up with some kind of issue. It's disheartening to give up, but it's disheartening to constantly feel like I'm injured too. Maybe I'm just not built to be a runner and I should accept it and move on... it's just frustrating b/c there are people who are bigger than me who have done less training than I do who are perfectly capable of running these long distances injury free. And I know this isn't an "injury" but it feels like one when it's acting up and training goes ary b/c of it... I have until December 7 to make the decision, I guess.

Maybe you should take up female heavy lifting? You could ROCK that!

Have you had an x-ray? Maybe you have a bone spur? or a cyst?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

It's 100% pinched nerve, Tomi. The pain goes away periodically as inflammation reduces and she's able to work the area and release the nerve, allowing it to feel amazing for a couple days. One of the ways you can tell if it's nerve is how the pain feels. This is a shooting pain and radiates across the top of my foot. Radiating or shooting pain, when not a broken bone, is typically nerve pain. Plus, there's no pinpointable pain spot like there would be with a spur or fracture.

I wanted to share aomething... This is what happens when I eat dairy:

1373370802419.jpg

Yes, that's a boobshot... would be more enjoyable if it wasn't covered on zits... I really need to ditch the dairy.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I thought you were pointing out that your boobs got bigger. I was going to say "Eat up Girl!"

well that's a really good reason to ditch dairy

thanks for the foot info. too bad you can go to the princess every couple days to keep the nerve free and the pain and bay.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

No, Paula, my boobs are not bigger... they're deflating...

Been VERY busy at work today... new boss so all kinds of things are being updated/changed, etc.

PrimalCon New York
    good luck with the new boss............

my boobs are also deflating! UGH........... hubby is in mourning.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.