Page 365 of 590 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367375415465 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,650 of 5893

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 365

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Staying home with my Bearz again today. Her fever tuis morning was 103.5. Gave her some ibuprofen and it's brought it down to a lower level but its most certainly not gone. But she's kind of back to normal. Moving around more. Ate some grapes and drank some 50/50 apple juice/water. Kept it all down so far... doctor appt at 2:15. I hate seeing her not feeling well.

Day 4 of my whole30. Not sure why I'm keeping track of the date when this is going to be the way I continue to live for the most part. Scale said 176 this am. Glad to see the bloat going away.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I hope your baby feels better soon That must be rough (for both of you).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Thanks, Tomi but I really think she's too proud/stubborn to talk to you. I don't think she wants to believe it's that easy. And despite being easy, it's too hard, ya know? Hearing it from Brad should help, tho.

Just like my sister........... her newest line is "you have to remember that every body is different and what works for one might not work for another" ................. UGH! that may be true........ but she hasn't even TRIED. She just doesn't want to. So, she continues to suffer.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Staying home with my Bearz again today. Her fever tuis morning was 103.5. Gave her some ibuprofen and it's brought it down to a lower level but its most certainly not gone. But she's kind of back to normal. Moving around more. Ate some grapes and drank some 50/50 apple juice/water. Kept it all down so far... doctor appt at 2:15. I hate seeing her not feeling well.

Day 4 of my whole30. Not sure why I'm keeping track of the date when this is going to be the way I continue to live for the most part. Scale said 176 this am. Glad to see the bloat going away.

I hope the doc can give her something to relieve the fever --- by then you gotta remember that fever is what is killing the virus so its a good thing as long as it doesn't go above 104.

176!!!! You must be jumping for joy! You go girl!!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

PrimalLaurie is offline Member
    Hope your baby feels better soon. I hate when my kids are sick, but it was so much worse when they were little and couldn't communicate what they needed and wanted.

I'm sure the last thing you want to do is tell you MIL anything at this point, but a great book about the causes and cures for autoimmune disease is Dr. Brownstein's "Overcoming Arthritis." I actually hate the name of the book, b/c he should have named it "Overcoming Autoimmune Disease." He talks a lot about fibro and chronic fatigue as well as rheumatoid arthritis in the book. It was life changing for me in curing my chronic fatigue - though you do need a doctor since some of the cure is prescription based.

Great job on 176!

Hope the rest of you don't get sick.
    Laurie

GAPS/Primal - Working on Getting Healthy!

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread88988.html

Turns out Baby Bearz has a bladder infection. Her fever spiked at 104.something according to the doctor's ear thermometer, and if I remember correctly, you're supposed to add 1/2 a degree to the ear temp b/c it doesn't correctly represent core body temp. Anyway, she was smoking hot. We couldn't get a urine sample at the clinic b/c she said she didn't have to go, but about 5 she peed on the potty for Daddy and he was able to collect the urine. Texted today, and tested positive. Antibiotics are on their way. This morning, her temp was in the 101 range.

Tomi, fevers are a good thing - agree with you there. I try not to medicate a fever unless it's above 103. SIL, MIL, and Brad all want to medicate at ANY level of fever, which is so counter productive to the body healing itself! The fever is designed to create a hostile environment for the virus/bacteria that is trying to take up residency. Letting the body get too hot will result in the pathogen dying off, healing the body sooner. Yes, fevers suck and yes they cause headaches and body aches and all that, but they are BENEFICIAL to our overall health! It drives me nuts. SIL called on Monday to say Bearz had a fever of 101.somethinglow and wanted my permission to give tylenol... I agreed only b/c I knew that's what SIL wanted, not b/c that's what Bearz needed. I did however, medicate her at 102 b/c she was obviously uncomfortable and unable to sleep Monday night. Tuesday night, she got benedryl b/c our D.O. said it helps with upset stomach - which is just another benefit of bendryl! *wink wink*

Laurie, I might actually recommend that book to my mom. Her dad had CRIPPLING RA, so mom is expecting to get it as well. I think she'd be interested in reading it. While she doesn't practice our method of eating, she is intrigued by it.

With that, I'm going to jet out for a run. 4 miles on the schedule today. I have more to talk about:

Foot
    Weight
    Dinner last night

Little things I don't want to take the time to discuss right now b/c I WANNA RUN!!! lol

I'm going to add three topics:

Ovulation
    Fibro
    Foot
    Weight
    Dinner last night
    Run

OY! I think I'm ovulating... abdominal cramps that feel like period cramps, but it's too early for my period and other signs point to ovulation... I hate it. But it's the only sign I get anymore that my period is coming... so in about 10 days I can expect to start my period, and should be able to gauge whether or not the Vitex was the problem with all the weird cramping (I discontinued the use of Vitex when my last TOM started to see).

Brad had to sit through a presentation the other day at work. They brought in a retired Army General who had gotten out of the Army when her fibromyalgia started interfering with her ability to do her job. She said that it's been 2 years since she was diagnosed and she's now pain- and drug- free, managing her condition with diet - eating only whole, unprocessed foods. Brad plans to tell his mom what she said, supposedly, but I told SIL... but she's probably more on MIL's side and won't mention what this gal had said. It's too bad. Really really too bad MIL won't jump on board... Oh well... I'm not the one dealing with chronic pain, so it's not my problem, I guess.

Foot: My D.O. thinks my foot pain is caused by my flip flops. They're rather old and probably quite broken down. I can't remember when I bought them - just know it's been quite a few years - maybe since about 2007??? I don't know. She wants me to not wear them at all for a week and see what happens. Not sure what I'm going to wear in their place as I don't have any other sandals.

Weight: Weight is back up to 178 after dinner last night.

Dinner last night: was anything BUT whole30, but it was the farewell dinner for my boss and as such I wanted to go. I paid $25 for the dinner so there was no way I was going to eat only the herb roasted chicken breast. Instead, I ate everything except the salads. The salads had obvious cheese (not whole30 approved) and one had croutons (yeeeeikes!!). The rest of the menu items were a mixed veggy dish of red peppers, sugar snap peas, asparagus, and carrots, red potatoes with onions and some kind of butter/oily sauce, roasted pork with a spicy barbecue sauce, and herb roasted chicken. I had two plates (definitely overate) to bring the cost of the meal down to $12.50 per plate.

Run: Run went well. Foot was unhappy for the entire thing, but it didn't affect my ability to run or my gait, so I kept on going. Ran 4 miles in 43:28, which is less than 11 minutes per mile. Not sure what that translates to for mph - 5.5 or somewheres around there.

Ok, off to see how much journal reading I can get done before it's quittin' time.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    If you have any Old Navy stores near you, tomorrow is their $1 flip flop sale.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I hate their flip flops... they dig into the area between my toes and sit crooked under my feet. lol I wore a pair in a wedding once and they were the most uncomfortable flip flops I've ever owned. Right now, I have a pair of black Nike flip flops. The strap and toe piece are cloth so they don't dig. I plan to stick with this style, I think. Just need to get newer ones that aren't all broken down.

PrimalLaurie is offline Member
    My chiro just gave me the stink eye this week for wearing flip flops. His contention is that they change the way that your foot strikes and cause all kinds of problems. (and I've not been complaining about my feet)

He wants me in sandals that either wrap around the ankle or come high enough on the top of the foot that you don't get the flip/flop action. Guess I'm wearing my ugly but very comfortable Chacos for the rest of the summer

If you do want a comfy flip flop that doesn't bother your toes, try Yellow Box brand. They sell them at Belk's here in Atlanta if you have those in the midwest.

Glad to hear baby girl should be feeling better!
    Laurie

GAPS/Primal - Working on Getting Healthy!

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread88988.html