Page 364 of 555 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374414464 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 5547

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 364

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Planning to stay home tomorrow. Bearz is sick again. Sunday she was pukey but not feverish. Tonight she's pukey AND feverish... big fever. Like 103 fever. Slept thru dinner which is odd. So she didn't eat. She asked for milk and milk is a strict no-no when she's sick. Milk guarantees she will puke and it will be gross. So I gave her some grape pedialyte. She ended up puking. I think she drank it too fast. She was guzzling that stuff! Changed her sheets, gave her some tylenol to help her feel better and sat with her in the living room for a while. She asked for water which is good. Put her back to bed with her water. Hoping she doesn't puke again. Baby monitor is on so I can hear her call to me this time. Maybe we won't have to change sheets again...

Hope the wee thing starts to feel better soon. I hate when my babies are sick.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

PrimalLaurie is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    ... A friend of mine who took Dave's classes tried to buy a car for cash two weeks ago and the dealerships wouldn't accept it. I wonder if they would have accepted a check?...

I'm working on a debt snowball right now. Credit cards first, then tangible item loans (truck, etc). I'll have one credit card paid off in November... but I'm going to need a new car very soon, and am looking at 2010 models, but we can't pay cash for it. It'll slow our debt snowball down and I know Dave would not approve...

I could and might hold out longer than November before buying a car. We'll see how this one holds up. The idea that it's nearing 200k miles makes me nervous. We're still overpaying on our income taxes b/c we had a business and that affected what we needed to pay, etc, and without knowing what a true tax year without a business looks like, we don't know what to set our taxes at. We usually get a pretty decent tax refund and will use that to pay down more so we can get closer to our goals. If I don't buy a new(er) car until we reach our debt free (less mortgage and student loans), it'll be 4 years before I can get something better... I really don't think my 173,000 mile car is going to last another 4 years. lol And around here, you really can't buy anything decent for less than $8k. Too many doctor's colleges and high costs of living around us to make it possible.
    If the $$ amount is over 10k the dealership has to report to the gov't - so they don't like to deal with that. I've never had a problem with them taking a personal check - but I have heard of them wanting a cashiers check.

It sounds like you have a plan and you are working it! I don't think your car will last another 4 years either, but I can tell you I'd drive that sucker as long as I could. I'd be happy if we could find ANYTHING for $8k - we're in metro Atlanta and we typically don't buy cars in the area we live in b/c we live (in a tiny house) in a pretty affluent area. Of course, I'm driving a Pilot and everyone around me is driving a Lexus, Infiniti etc. so there is not a big market for what we look for where we are. I always wonder where people get their $$ or if they are in debt up to their eyeballs.
    Laurie

GAPS/Primal - Working on Getting Healthy!

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread88988.html

PrimalLaurie is offline Member
    Hope she feels better and that you got some sleep last night. Where we are there have been some nasty stomach bugs going around!
    Laurie

GAPS/Primal - Working on Getting Healthy!

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread88988.html

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalLaurie View Post
    they are in debt up to their eyeballs.
    I think it's this^.

Spent the night on the couch. Kenna didn't want to sleep in her bed - wanted to sleep on the couch, so I grabbed my pillow and blanket and joined her on the other couch. Woke up with a sore neck, but it's loosened up nicely.

Afraid I won't be able to run today. Can't leave the 3 year old at home, and Brad has work to do on the race car when he gets home. Brady has a ball game (his last) tonight. Hoping Kenna feels good enough to go. I really don't want to miss the last game.

Feeling very sleepy today. I hope it's naptime soon.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Sorry the little one is sick......... miserable for her - and miserable for mommy too.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Brad's company had a leadership seminar today. He said they brought in a retired 2-star general who retired because she developed fibromyalgia and it was affecting her work. She said it's been 2 years and she has it under control now, but not through medication or drugs - she said she uses diet and whole foods to control it. Brad said he couldn't help but get a chuckle and think of me... if only MIL had sat through that session.

Ironic... and irony makes me chuckle.

that's priceless! Brad needs to pass on that info to his mom. Barely a day goes by that I don't see a new incoming patient with a diagnosis is fibromyalgia. I think "oh, if I could only talk to this patient!" But I can't. I wish my doctor would do some classes on treating illness with proper diet - I would ask if I could speak about my experience.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Brad plans to tell his mom, he said. We'll see. I hope he does.

you can give her my email if she wants to talk to me about it
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.

Thanks, Tomi but I really think she's too proud/stubborn to talk to you. I don't think she wants to believe it's that easy. And despite being easy, it's too hard, ya know? Hearing it from Brad should help, tho.