Page 362 of 579 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364372412462 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 5789

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 362

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    glad you're excited about the boat and the impending fishing trips Do you take the kids in the boat too? 16' is a good size - plenty of room to move about. Nice job, Brad!
    Our last one was 17'. We don't normally take the kids. They're still to fearless and that makes mommy very nervous and then daddy gets impatient. It's not an enjoyable time to take him and the kids somewhere.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I think we have bad news coming regarding our Captain... Boss is in the office with him right now discussing the CG's decision. She seems heavy hearted so I'm fearful it's bad news. Will know more in a few minutes I'm sure - depending on how CPT reacts and whether he comes out fist pumping or just leaves the office. I hope it's good news, or at least, not career killing bad news.

Back on whole30 effective today. Forgot to weigh, but yesterday, about midday my weight was 179. I'll use that as my starting weight.

Drank some moscato yesterday... got buzzed on two glasses. Yikes! Cheap date! lol

Stormy day here today. Thinking I might end up running on a treadmill if the lightning keeps up.

Foot is still the same, even after the adjustment by the chiropractor. Might go see Dr. Lake for an ART treatment and see if that helps at all.

Nothing else to add... anxiously awaiting the news on the CPT's future, which has me in a less than chatty mood.

CPT left without saying anything... Boss #2 closed her door and called Boss #1. I have a bad feeling someones career was effectively destroyed today... all b/c of a consentual relationship between two willing and available persons that someone else had a problem with... stupid and such a waste.

Heard through the grapevine that the CPT's career is ending... they filed the complaint in his permanent record. He's still up for Major b/c the list was already put out and his promotion date is set, and he can still go to school and earn his master's through the Omstead Fellowship, but he will likely never see the next rank past Major... which is too bad b/c he'd make a great bridgade commander.

The problem with this is that the fellowship has a "you must stay in the army for x number of years after completion or risk paying back the money we spent on you" policy. Unfortunately, not being promotable past Major, it's likely he'll be forced out of the Army before that time period is up...

So, my good CPT has some decisions to make... The CG screwed over a great officer and a wonderful caring person... and I'm sure he thinks he did a wonderful thing, but he made a seriously bad decision on this one... terrible decision.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I hope the inflammation passes soon. I wonder if magnesium would help, since it's good for cramping muscles.

I have to say, I'm VERY impressed with how well you've been doing with this WholeWhatever. You have been sticking to it at basically 99.9999% compliance, which is impressive enough in and of itself, but you are going well beyond 30 days at this point (a month and a half now). You are losing weight again. You seem pretty happy too. I feel a little proud, even though I had nothing to do with it! You are doing amazing work, Jenn!
    This! I couldn't give up dairy. I rely on it a lot for fat. Grains seem to give me more difficulty than anything else.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    This! I couldn't give up dairy. I rely on it a lot for fat. Grains seem to give me more difficulty than anything else.
    I think I'm beyond grains at this point. Yesterday I avoided green bean casserole simply for the gluten content. Canned cream of mushroom soup contains gluten - which I didn't know for a long time until I went to pull Brady off gluten. I think for a holiday dinner this year I'll make green bean casserole with homemade cream of mushroom soup.

The sky is clearing up so I think I'll be able to run uninhibited by lightning today. 3.5 miles is the plan. Ideally, like with the scale, I'd like to leave the watch at my desk and not track my time and just run for the sheer joy of running, but I'm a competitive person and think I have to always PR, so I'll be out there pushing through brain blocks in hopes that I can get an equivalent, or better, time than last time. It's only 66 degrees right now, but the forecast says it's going to hit 87 today. I hope the meeting that Boss #2 and XO are at doesn't take too long so I can get out there before the sun comes out and really heats things up - plus it rained all night and all this morning so a bit of sunshine will make it muggy as all get out... ugh. I wish I could go now while it's still cool.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    If Clint gets a part time job soon, I may have more time to experiment in the kitchen. I do want to make my own cream of soups. The only thing that sucks is if he does get this part time job, I'll have to do the mowing. I could show the girls how to. I think Tristan or Caitlyn would be fine mowing the lawn.
    Georgette

How old are they? My sister and I were mowing lawn from the age of like 8 and 10. I used the push mower as a 10 year old and she used the rider as an 8 year old.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    So, my good CPT has some decisions to make... The CG screwed over a great officer and a wonderful caring person... and I'm sure he thinks he did a wonderful thing, but he made a seriously bad decision on this one... terrible decision.
    Lovely. It is hard enough keeping quality junior officers and this happens. Just lovely.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony