Page 361 of 593 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363371411461 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,610 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 361

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Seriously.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Foot feels pretty good today. I hope that continues. 4 miles are scheduled for today's run. It is hot and muggy out. Supposed to be 85 degrees when I run, with a high of 89 today. NOT looking forward to it, to be honest.

Brad is headed to Prairie du Chien, WI right now to look at boats and possibly buy one today. Yes, I know... he just sold his boat, right? Same thing everyone else has been reminding him of - and then promptly reminding him that I told him NOT to sell it. This time, if he buys a boat, he will NOT be allowed to sell it, under ANY circumstances, unless he is trading it for another boat. Same goes for the 4 wheeler. No more buying and then selling 4 wheelers unless he is trading it in for a newer one.

Up 5 pounds today. Had parmesan cheese, butter and sour cream last night as part of a recipe. Leftovers to follow today. So far, no digestive upset, but a 3 lb gain overnight definitely says something, doesn't it? Water retention, inflammation... something. The only non-whole30 item I've been consuming this week is dairy, so it's got to be the dairy that's causing the issue. It's frustrating.

SIL sent me a message yesterday saying that she's been struggling and as a result is going back to Whole30 on Monday. I will be joining her. I will make chicken cordon bleu casserole tonight so that Brad has a chance to eat his three favorite dairy containing recipes before I eliminate the dairy again.

Also found myself wanting to raid a candy bowl this morning. There is a gal who keeps Starburst jelly beans on her desk. They're delicious in a HFCS kind of way. My mouth watered for them. I didn't have any, but it was troublesome to me. Leads me to believe that without Whole30 starting again Monday, I'd likely find myself with my hand in her bowl... but then again, I hadn't eaten breakfast yet so maybe I was just hungry and my mind was looking for any consumable, quality or not.

Update on the Office Hottie and his "legal" issues... the General STILL has not made a decision regarding whether or not the CPT's letter of reprimand will be filed locally or permanently. Remember, if its filed locally, his career goes on. If it's filed permanently, he'll never get past the rank of Major (he's already promotable and made the promotion list) and his career will effectively be over in 5 short years. He has to report to Language school on the 15th of July... that leaves 3 weeks for his orders to be cut, household goods to be taken care of (to include having the movers pack up his stuff), and to find a place in Monterey to live for a year. This totally sucks. It could easily take another week just to get his orders cut, which will REALLY crunch things... Poor guy.

Shoulders and chest are really feeling the bench presses yesterday... OY!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like the General is making him sweat a bit. I've heard the Military loves to control as much as they can. It sucks! Let the guy move on with his life already............ some mistakes should be forgiven.

I'd say you found your worst enemy in dairy - as it seems to also trigger your sugar monster to awaken. Glad you're getting back on whole30 starting Monday cuz you do so well on it!

Too bad you couldn't schedule to run earlier in the day before it gets hot........ or later in the evening once it cools down. Hope it goes well and the foot isn't bothering you at all. Go get 'em!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

So, it wasn't hot when I ran... fortunately... nope, instead it rained. lol 2 miles in a cold rain... with big HUGE raindrops... it started just as I finished mile 2... and it was at that point that I remembered the windows were down in my car... oops. Wet bum for me later. The rain actually felt pretty nice though. Nice and cold.

Calf started talking to me at about the end of mile 2 as well. Had some nerve twinges, then the tightness started. Feels tight even as I sit here. Going to pop some ibuprofen to bring the inflammation down and go on a hunt for some ice. Tonight, I'll break out the foam roller and do some work on it. Hopefully 2 days of rest will relax it enough that it'll be good come Monday.

Brad bought a boat... he's getting a 2012 16' Alumacraft jon boat with a 2013 Yamaha 25 horse motor, and a 2012 Shorelander trailer. It's a very open concept boat so we will be able to configure it how we like. For the time being, we'll sit in lawn chairs to fish. hahaha I prefer lawn chairs to boat seats anyway. He went over budget on it by $500, BUT that's only like $5 a month, so I let it slide. I'm excited! Now we'll get to go fishing on the 5th of July! I missed having a boat in the driveway. He really was an idiot to sell what we had. I'm smacking his forehead in my mind. I hope he feels it. lol

canio6 Guest
    Sounds like fun...the boat, not the forehead smacking...

After sitting through the Sexual Harrassment and Rape Prevention briefing today, I think I kind of understand why the General is taking so long to decide on the CPT's situation. He aluded to it on numerous occasions during the brief.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    glad you're excited about the boat and the impending fishing trips Do you take the kids in the boat too? 16' is a good size - plenty of room to move about. Nice job, Brad!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    After sitting through the Sexual Harrassment and Rape Prevention briefing today, I think I kind of understand why the General is taking so long to decide on the CPT's situation. He aluded to it on numerous occasions during the brief.
    Except it was neither sexual harassment nor rape so....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Except it was neither sexual harassment nor rape so....
    I agree but its not up to me. He said there are three personalities with every person. The one they show as a 'model soldier', then the one they show when they casually see you outside of work, and then the person they are at home when no one from outside their circle is around. He said it's this private personality that is the concern... that whenever a rape happens, people say there's no way so & so could do that! They're such a great soldier, etc... he said you have to investigate all complaints bc no one shows their true self and its that 3rd persona that is the one that commits the offenses. So, that told me he is still seeking out CPT's 3rd persona.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app