Page 360 of 590 FirstFirst ... 260310350358359360361362370410460 ... LastLast
Results 3,591 to 3,600 of 5894

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 360

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by honguqia View Post
    I wish I could move to another planet.

Spammer?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    The spammers have been really into those emoticons lately!

I don't know if you'll need to keep up the Vitamin C and cherry intake forever. I guess it's a kidney thing? or for whatever reason, you body is just producing too much uric acid. If the pain was triggered by the off-plan foods, then it's probably okay for you to eat fruit & such (after it dissipates), just not the wheat/bad oils etc.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I've always heard eating too much pork can bring on a gout attach. Have you been having a lot of pork lately?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

And Brad heard red meat is the culprit.

I don't think they have any clue.

I haven't been eating any more pork than normal. Or any more red meat than normal. Or chicken for that matter. I don't NORMALLY eat this much fruit. Seems in the last month or so I really amped up my fruit consumption - 2 oranges a day, and pineapple with strawberries or heaping bowls of watermelon in the evenings. Prior to June, all I ate was a nightly bowl of strawberries with heavy cream - except when I was doing NK - during my NK stint, I banished all fruit.

My meat consumption has not changed since the start of my primal days. I don't think meat is the problem.

I have noticed recently, most noticably in the last few days, that my body is super super stiff in the mornings. Especially my feet and ankles. Like I walk like a zombie first thing in the morning - unable to really move my feet and ankles very well. Like things are seized up, needing oil.

Ok, in talking to Brad, I don't know what to think about my foot.

My feet and ankles have been stiff in the mornings for a very very long time, but it never caused any real pain so it was nothing to complain about. Plus, after a few steps, things loosened up. Same thing happens now, except the pain a little more pronounced in that one area - supposedly the area where gout pain exists. I've had soreness in my big toe for at least since 2011 when I was half marathon training and thought maybe it was turf toe or something or that I had a tendonitis going on - felt a "stretching" when I'd push off while walking/running, and I could simulate that feeling when standing and pushing against my toe. I can get the same effect today. It was more pronounced when I would wear running shoes after being in a barefootesque state for an extended period of time (if I wore my runners one time, my toe would hurt the next day). The pain I'm feeling now is a bit different as it shoots across the top of my foot, which led me to believe it was from a pinched nerve. This pain has only been there since Tuesday - which is what was alarming to me and made me think it needed Dr. Lake's attention, but again, it goes away after a few steps, so maybe it's just inflammation.

Also about a month ago, I stubbed (for lack of a better word) my big toe on the right side during a run. It cracked, and felt a bit sore, but it went away after a short bit. So maybe the toe joint is jammed and the foot just needs an adjustment...

Hell I don't know. I just know it started hurting on Tuesday and I want it to stop hurting...

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Can you call a doctor or nurse line to ask about the possibility of gout vs. anything else?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is online now Senior Member
    figuring out what is wrong with your foot is about as complicated as figuring out what is wrong with my gut! Sucks doesn't it!

My suggestion is to start with the Princess of Pain. If she can't fix it - then look to other sources.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I read this and it sounds like it's not gout. The area is not swollen and is not red. Just sore.

And this leads me to further believe it's not gout. This soreness (not the shooting pain) has been present for well over a year, which is odd for a sprain as well. It doesn't come and go like they say gout does, but is always kind of there - though not usually bothersome.

I probably need to have an xray and an adjustment done on it. I think I'll call Dr. Lake's office back and see if she still has that lunchtime appointment.

Nope, no more openings for Dr. Lake today. I'll just wait and see what it's like next week and see if I need to see her. The more I read the more I think it's just out of alignment and is now pinching a nerve. I could try to get in with Dr. Jay (my other chiropractor) for an adjustment this weekend if need be.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 06-20-2013 at 09:22 AM.

Foot felt great through both of my half mile run to and from the gym. Got done and changed clothes. As soon as I was done changing, the pain was there for two steps. The shooting/pinching pain. Wth?? I felt the standard soreness while squatting. I tend not to pay attention to the standard soreness b/c I'm so used to it, but the shooting pain gets me b/c it's unexpected.

Did squat and bench today, then leg curls and planks. 2x5 squat at 95 lbs, then 3x5 squat at 105 lbs. Then did 2x5 bench at 85 lbs, then 3x5 bench at 95 lbs. Then 3x10 leg curls at 80 lbs and 3x60 second planks. And the aforementioned 1/2 mile run to and 1/2 mile run from the gym, both in 5:20, +/- a couple of seconds. Good workout today. I felt strong. I felt good and I looked damn skinny in my navy blue tank and black capri running tights. And I do believe I am the heaviest lifting woman in that gym. I think in the 2-3 months I've been lifting, I've only seen one girl in there using barbells other than me. Oh well. Just makes me a badass, right?

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Oh well. Just makes me a badass, right?
    Totally badass. 5'4" of absolute badassery.