Page 359 of 593 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361369409459 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,590 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 359

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Loved the wedding pictures.

Bacon Flavored condoms? I guess they are for the non monagamous relationships? Could you imagine everything smelling like bacon? No thanks.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    In our set, one of my favorites has Geek with his arm around me and pointing in to the distance to the right, and me looking towards whatever it is. I have no clue what he was pointing at (neither does he) but it looks almost planned, like we're looking toward the future.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    In our set, one of my favorites has Geek with his arm around me and pointing in to the distance to the right, and me looking towards whatever it is. I have no clue what he was pointing at (neither does he) but it looks almost planned, like we're looking toward the future.
    Aw! warm fuzzies.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Ran 3.6 miles comfortably enough today despite the calf and foot pain yesterday. Calf started talking at the start of mile 3 - right after I turned around, but whispering is all it has done. My foot on the other hand... as soon as I stopped running and started stretching, it started going into fits. Feels like connective tissue - possibly tendonitis? I think I'll skip the strength training tomorrow (squats and bench) to see Dr. Lake, aka the Princess of Pain, and see what she thinks of my foot. The pain is between the big toe and third toe, on the top of the foot. Doesn't hurt to touch, but hurts to push off when walking - and doesn't hurt enough to limp, just enough to be really effing annoying.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    foot pain is awful - we need our feet!! Hope the Princess gets it worked out!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Jenn, just a thought. That foot pain sounds a whole lot like a Gout attack, which could have happened when you ate off w30.

Really? What's gout? Better research this...

Foot hurts again today. Last night it was affecting how I walked - causing a limp. This morning so far it hasn't made me limp as much - maybe the first step or so and then it feels ok.

I'm going to google gout and see what I learn.

Ok, reading up on gout (at wikipedia, which is a poor source, but a good way to find good sources) and on MDA, it sounds like that could be what is going on with my foot. What worries me is the fructose connection b/c I've been eating a lot of fruit - more specifically, a lot of watermelon.

It doesn't sound like going to see Dr. Lake is going to help at all, so I will not spend the money to see her today.

Looking back, this all started after I started running more seriously. I thought it was "turf toe", which at the time I understood to be a strained muscle in the toe or something of the like. Dr. Lake didn't seem concerned about it. Then after I'd switched to wearing minimalist shoes, the discomfort only presented itself after I'd worn athletic shoes. It was always minor.

This week it's shooting pain through my foot. Seems right what Paula is suggesting. With my fructose consumption going up in recent weeks, and the timing of my foot pain, it's all logical. I will refrain from buying a watermelon and step back from the fruit a bit and see if the pain subsides.

I took two Advil as Wiki said NSAIDs are the course of action for acute attacks and ibuprofen helped a lot the other night... oh shoot! I just remembered I have a prescription anti-inflammatory in my purse! Dang it! I could have put that to use! Oh well.

One thing that's curious to me - how do you get rid of the crystals in the joints? Everything I read explained how to reduce the uric acid content in the blood, but not how to eliminate the crystals.

Good catch, Paula! Thanks.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    From what I've read (did some research when my toes were being weird), the crystals will go away as/when the uric acid levels reduce. Cherries are supposed to be good for flushing uric acid. At least 500 mg of Vitamin C daily is supposed to help prevent gout as well.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    From what I've read (did some research when my toes were being weird), the crystals will go away as/when the uric acid levels reduce. Cherries are supposed to be good for flushing uric acid. At least 500 mg of Vitamin C daily is supposed to help prevent gout as well.
    I read that in Mark's post as well - about the vitamin C. I haven't been consistent with my vitamin C lately. I usually take 1,000 mg a day b/c it's supposed to help with depression/anxiety, and probably for the last week or two, haven't been taking my supplements. I took them today. I should remember to at least take the vitamin C so my foot stays happy.

I knew about tart cherry - used to take a tart cherry supplement, but stopped when I ran out. I'll order some and start taking it again.

Do you suppose I'll have to take the vitamin C and cherry forever??