Page 354 of 579 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356364404454 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 5785

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 354

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    snipped....
    Okay, Naiad is on my team when the apocalypse comes. I call dibs.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    OY! It's hot out there. The air wasn't hot, but boy the sun was! OY! I took a few rests in the shade to save my skin a bit. I'm sure I got burnt on that run considering how little shade there is on the walk/run routes. I managed 3.57 miles, maybe a bit closer to 3.6 since I zig-zagged across the road to hit the shady spots and had to take a detour where the sidewalk was closed due to road resurfacing. Funny how they can't pay us but they can pay to have the street completely ripped out and repaved.

A bit slower today. Likely the heat. I need to remember to bring my fuel belt with me so I don't have to carry my water bottle. It has two little 10 oz bottles attached to it, and a pocket for my ID/phone, which is WAY more convenient than the bra... As such, I haven't been taking my phone b/c I don't want it to fall out of the bra and hit the ground.

So.... Half Marathon Training Session #1 done. 39:09 was my time.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Honestly, in a house like that, a first floor bathroom or washroom, in the tub, with a mattress or heavy quilt on top of him would likely be safer than the basement. More open space means more room for flying debris. The suction effect is a myth, however, if he is in the basement, teach him the drop and cover method. Under a table could cause more, rather than fewer, issues. The idea of the staircase, even unfinished, is to create a plane of triangulation, so that if things collapse, he's effectively under a truss. The triangle is the strongest shape, and being under one allows a hidey safe space to protect against collapse. So long as you have the risers and runner, the stair case would protect him. Since it doesn't have the covering yet, have him assume drop and cover position with a heavy blanket tucked over him.
    I forgot about the whole triangulation thing... Ok, fine. I'll clear a spot under the stairs for our shelter. We'll put up walls with rebar in them around it.

And when it comes down to it, I'll be laying on my kids... And my husband will likely be laying on all 3 of us. I've thought about putting a clear film on the windows to prevent shattering/flying glass. Haven't found the clear film yet.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    CAUTION: they are discovering a link between cell phone in bra - and breast cancer. here.

There's no scientific proof yet........... but I'd be careful about doing it anyway. I saw a doctor on an interview say he's seeing an alarming number of 20 year old with breast cancer in the same place they store their cell phone.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    CAUTION: they are discovering a link between cell phone in bra - and breast cancer. here.

There's no scientific proof yet........... but I'd be careful about doing it anyway. I saw a doctor on an interview say he's seeing an alarming number of 20 year old with breast cancer in the same place they store their cell phone.

Uh, in that case I am not keeping my phone in my pocket any more.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

geostump is offline Senior Member
    So sorry about Brad's grandparents. Y'all are in my thoughts and prayers.

We're going to have nasty storms here tonight as well. If you remember the storm that damaged our house, they're expecting the same type overnight. I just heard a helicopter fly overhead and I thought it was a tornado siren. I saw AEP's tree trimmer trucks out and about this morning.
    Georgette

I just found THE BEST father's day present for my hunny. Iowa Speedway, our very own "NASCAR"-ish track designed and built by Rusty Wallace has a program called the Rusty Wallace Driving Experience where you can pay to sit through some driving training and then drive actual NASCAR race cars around the track for a few laps. Right now our area "Groupon" like organization has half off two of the experience packages. So, for $150, Brad could drive like the big dogs! He would fracking LOVE IT! Just gotta convince MIL to get one for FIL too so they can go do it together. Not sure if I'll get it for Brad if she doesn't get it for FIL. Will have to talk to her about it some more. We have a budget that we usually spend on the fathers and we could contribute to it if she thinks $150 is too much (maybe SIL would contribute too??). Anyhow, I'm so excited about this and hope I can do it. The sale ends in 3 days, so we gotta get on it.

I have only kept my phone there maybe 4 times in my life. Not worried about it. Like I said, I have a fuel belt I wear that houses my phone if and when I take it. I tend not to take it. Only reason I have lately is for GPS/running apps. I have a garmin that I normally wear for GPS capabilities.

Hey guys! My fundraising page for the St. Jude Half Marathon is up and running. Here's the link if you want to donate: St. Jude Memphis Marathon Weekend: 1st and 7 - Charity Athlete | St. Jude Heroes

I'm trying to raise $500, but my friend and I are trying to raise a combined total of $1,000. You can donate two ways - to our team, or to one of us individually. To donate to our team, click the link above. To donate to one of us individually, click on our name once you get to the team page.

I appreciate any and all donations - even if it's only a few dollars. This organization does great things - the greatest of all being treating children and housing and feeding the family, for free. Additionally, they provide research that helps children worldwide.

So, if you can spare a few dollars, I'd really appreciate it if you could give them to St. Jude on my behalf.

Thank you!!

No storms last night. Not even a single strike of lightning or a clap of thunder. I'm thoroughly disappointed. It did get really windy (like bending our young trees about 45 degrees), but nothing more than that.

Health stuff: I am not taking Vitex this month. Going to see if it has any effect on my libido or my pain level during the Circus.

Still following Whole30 rules. I learned that large quantities of sweet potatoes and I do not get along. I made 3 large sweet potatoes for dinner last night since Brady has taken such a liking to them, but he barely ate any, so I had more than I normally would. Could be oranges, I suppose. Been eating a lot of oranges lately... time will tell.

Update on Grandma: she is doing well. She's getting tired from all the visitors and conversing. People have been stopping by (as would be expected) consistently throughout the day so she's not getting much down time, which results in not much grieving time. She said that when Uncle David died, she did really well until one day she just broke down and cried for about 20 minutes, and then after that, she did ok with his death again (he was killed in a car accident when his work truck was t-boned by a guy who blew a stop sign going an estimated 80 miles an hour b/c he was late for work. Both people in the vehicle that ran the stop sign died. The driver of the truck Uncle David was in survived as his side of the truck was not impacted. Uncle David was airlifted to University of Iowa hospital and spent 12 days on life support before the doctors decided that he would not recover. They removed the life support and he died 15 minutes later). She suspects that she will have the same reaction to Grandpa's death after the services tomorrow.

She has decided that she is staying in the house, much to her daughter's disapproval. Aunt Carol brought up the subject of moving to assisted living or in with one of the kids and I guess she got an earful about how that was not happening. Grandma later told FIL that she and Grandpa had many discussions about what would happen when one of them passed and this is what they decided - they would stay in the house, they would get back into their shared bed sooner rather than later and they would continue to live in the home they made. She started sleeping in the bed again on Tuesday night - the same day she returned from the hospital. She said the day may come when she will approach FIL about looking into assisted living, but right now she's confident she will be fine. FIL wants her to have life alert (or something similar) b/c she has neuropathy thanks to the diabetes and she's not interested, but he said she doesn't really have a choice. He thinks she'll come around. He's also going to upgrade her cell phone and is making some changes to the house to make it easier for her to get around unassisted. She asked that he visit daily instead of just 2x per week like he did prior to Grandpa's death. FIL and his mom are so cute. He's definitely a doting son. The next few weeks and months will be interesting, but hopefully not traumatizing.

My aunt, Mom's sister, said that recently there have been obituaries in the paper of spouses dying within days of each other. One couple died a week apart, and another died a day apart. I really hope we don't experience anything like that with Grandma, but I've read that it's highly likely within 6 months of the first death. So sad.

Fundraising: I sent an email out to some email contacts and my aunt responded with a very nice donation. I'm now at $170 raised. My goal is $500. St. Jude Memphis Marathon Weekend: 1st and 7 - Charity Athlete | St. Jude Heroes