Page 352 of 583 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354362402452 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 5829

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 352

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Shop Now
    *hugs* Take it easy. I hope the days off can be at least somewhat restorative.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I'm sorry you're family is being hit so hard right now. I hope you can find a little comfort in knowing your MDA family is praying and caring.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Thinking of y'all and Brad's family. Hugs.

I'm sure there's tons of stress --- if you keep true to your whole30 you'll have one thing in all this chaos that you can truly have control over. Whatever you decide to do food-wise - do what's best for you.

Hope all is well.............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    So far I have remained compliant. Sadly, sister-in-law gave hers up for a glass of red wine. No sure I can blame her there. But then she followed it up with buffalo wild wings today. I hope she gets back on track. I think it'll help her get through this.

Grandma is doing well and is being released tomorrow. I suspect she'll start to get upset upon returning home. She already told me she's not sure how she'll ever go back to that house again. I feel so badly for her. She and Grandpa were together for 65 years. They dated for 5 years before they got married.

I can't imagine what it would be like to lose Brad after 9 years together, much less 65. But she has a great support system and a lot of people who love her so I know she'll make it through. Her pain breaks my heart though.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

When my FIL passed away - he collapsed right in the dining room. Was on his way to get his nitro pills, after bringing in a load of firewood. He didn't get there fast enough and he was gone. MIL saw him fall, tried to do CPR while on the phone with 911 - but he was gone before she ever got to him. She still lives in the house where he passed away - walks over the spot where he fell every time she passes through the dining room. I don't know how she does it. They were married for 65 years and had dated for several years before that. We all thought she'd pass quickly after him - but its been nearly 8 years and she's still with us. She will turn 90 this October. Its amazing what the human will can withstand. People are often stronger than we think.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Thinking of y'all and Brad's family. Hugs.
    +1
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Continued good thoughts and prayers for You, Brad and Grandma. Hugs.

Grandma is home. She meets with the funeral director in a few minutes. Once they're done, we will be taking the kids over to see her. We're hoping they help to cheer her up. I worry about what Brady will say bc kids just don't think like adults and don't understand sensitivity, so we'll see how that goes. He and Grandpa were buds.

Sticking to whole30 but having increasingly frequent thoughts about just going with straight up primal... but I know once I do, I'll start breaking even primal rules. Some day I will be behaved enough to go straight primal with no cheating.

Lost 3 more pounds. Yeah, the whole no weighing thing didn't last very long. Up to 45 lbs total lost now. 16 pounds since April 29th. I hope this continues. Only 1 pound away from my next goal: wedding day weight of 175. I have seen that since October 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    When my FIL passed away - he collapsed right in the dining room. Was on his way to get his nitro pills, after bringing in a load of firewood. He didn't get there fast enough and he was gone. MIL saw him fall, tried to do CPR while on the phone with 911 - but he was gone before she ever got to him. She still lives in the house where he passed away - walks over the spot where he fell every time she passes through the dining room. I don't know how she does it. They were married for 65 years and had dated for several years before that. We all thought she'd pass quickly after him - but its been nearly 8 years and she's still with us. She will turn 90 this October. Its amazing what the human will can withstand. People are often stronger than we think.
    You have a wicked strong mother in law, Tomi. Grandpa Tyler didn't have any heart problems and none of the standard old people issues. We think it was a pulmonary embolism or a massive heart attack, but he didn't complain that his chest hurt. When asked what was wrong, he said 'I don't know'. We figure if it was a heart attack he'd have felt pain and commented as such. He was a smoker for 70 years so the embolism is highly likely, but so is a heart attack or stroke. But they didn't do an autopsy and he's now creamated, so we'll never really know.

I think Grandma will end up moving in with one of the kids bc she's got neuropathy and falls occasionally and will need someone who can help her and keep track of her. We're still trying to figure out what to do and no one has ever broached the subject with her b/c, well, we expected her to go first considering all her ailments. There are a lot of serious decisions to be made very soon.