Page 349 of 593 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349350351359399449 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,490 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 349

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    So, I found out that the new XO has a possible backfill for when he goes on his leave (2 weeks long). If there is a backfill, I will probably be able to take leave.
    Woot Woot! Good luck!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Looking like my leave request will be denied. Talked with the COL and he doesn't like the idea of us both being gone, even if someone does come down to sit in for the XO. He said we could talk about it tomorrow with the Deputy, but I'm betting the answer will be no and we'll need to find a different week to take the kids camping. Which is fine in retrospect, but doing it over the holiday kept us from having to take 5 days off of work... First world problems... we'll just have to do it another week is all - and then turn right around and come back to work... unless we go camping on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, race Saturday and then have Sunday to chill, which is entirely possible too.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

canio6 Guest
    Bleh, that sucks.

I should mention that Brad's pissed. He doesn't understand the concept of coverage b/c where he works, if there aren't enough people, they pull someone from another department, which is fine and dandy when you work in a factory and everyone knows how to run the equipment. As easy as this job is, you'd be surprised by how many people can't do it... they just don't know how. And unless you get someone who knows what they're doing, the week will be a disaster for both the command and the person trying to flub their way through the job...

Anyhow, I have proposed to Brad that we pick a different week to go. The week of the 1st would be perfect b/c we'd only have to take 4 days off of work instead of 5, but whatever. What's 8 more hours of work (except b/c of the furlough I will only have to take 4 days off)?

So I have proposed that we take Monday off for packing or whatever, leave Tuesday and check in to the cabin, "camp" (if you can call cabin living "camping") Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, check out on Friday and drive home, then race on Saturday and have Sunday as our "chill out" day and "get things back to normal" day. It'll be the same concept of weekend, week off, weekend, and the cabin rental will be the same (weekday rate instead of weekend rate) so I don't see what the problem would be. He's just being inflexible and stupid. The only difference is that we'll have to pay SIL one day of childcare since we only have 4 "fee free" days left (out of 5), in which case Makenna can probably hang out at her house that Monday while I'm getting everyone packed and ready to have some camping(esque) fun.

I think it'll work out fine this way too. We'll discuss it tonight and I'm sure we'll end up changing our plans.

Oh, and Brad is fully aware and accepting of the fact that there likely won't be much fishing with the two kids with us, but he still plans to take his dad's boat with us so we can if we (read: the kids) want to. It should be fun and I'm excited for it.

So, my sister's done with her first whole30 and she's disappointed that she only lost 4 lbs and the tape measure shows no change. I heard a rumor from a very reliable source that she didn't completely give up alcohol, which I suspect is the reason she didn't lose like she'd expected. She got frustrated and told me (and I quote b/c she said it via text) "but you look like a twig and have cheated and it still melts right off you". Well, I haven't cheated (not grossly anyway - bbq sauce here and there), so she's wrong there. And she claims she remained sober, but I know she didn't b/c she told our stepmom she didn't but stepmom wasn't supposed to tell me. I hinted to sister that I don't believe she remained sober and I think she picked up on it b/c she reiterated more than she needed to (if she had remained sober) that she did remain sober. I said that it doesn't matter to me if she drank or not b/c it would only affect her results, not mine. Her behavior tells me she's lying about the drinking and why would stepmom say sister said she'd drank if she hadn't? But there again, if she did or didn't, it doesn't matter to me b/c I know MY whole30 is spot on and that's all that matters as far as I'm concerned. So she's going to do the 21DSD and says she better lose something with that... I said "or else what". She said "I guess I'll remain fat and I'll blame you lol". I reiterated to her that she needs to stop drinking if she expects to see any kind of results and that this type of eating isn't a diet, but a forever thing.

She wants to lose fat, so I reiterated that alcohol is sugar and sugar causes an insulin response and an insulin response results in body fat - indirectly, but she won't care to know the science behind it. I just wanted to push the point that her lack of weight loss is likely due to her drinking (she's a binge drinker - drinks to get drunk on the weekends when her kids are with their dad), and that the biggest difference between her and I (her results and mine) is that my gut is more healed than hers b/c I've been eating Primally for over a year and I don't drink (maybe once or twice a year). I reminded her that I also work my ass off with a barbell 4x a week and run 1x per week, so I have lots of movement added in that she may not have (she's a hairstylist so she's always on her feet, but not necessarily moving a lot, ya know?)

Anyhow, she's going to take this weekend off and start the 21DSD on Monday. We'll see how faithful she remains to it.

Personally, I think she just needs more time to heal before she'll see the significant weight loss she's looking for.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I agree with your last statement (and observations on alcohol). Even with exercise, she might not see much in the ways of results right now. Something low impact like yoga might be a good idea anyway, if you think she'll go for it. Pilates would not be bad either.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I agree with your last statement (and observations on alcohol). Even with exercise, she might not see much in the ways of results right now. Something low impact like yoga might be a good idea anyway, if you think she'll go for it. Pilates would not be bad either.
    She thinks cardio is the ultimate weight loss tool.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I don't think you need to imagine what sad noises I make when I read/hear things like that (because you probably do it too).

My dad thinks the same thing. He bicycles to work when the weather allows and runs pretty regularly. Even if he just did bodyweight progression training, I think he could speed up his weight loss! At least he rarely eats bread now (I tried not to look TOO interested when he mentioned that, though I think he specifically said it for me), but he's still vegetarian (lots of faux-meat).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I don't think you need to imagine what sad noises I make when I read/hear things like that (because you probably do it too).

My dad thinks the same thing. He bicycles to work when the weather allows and runs pretty regularly. Even if he just did bodyweight progression training, I think he could speed up his weight loss! At least he rarely eats bread now (I tried not to look TOO interested when he mentioned that, though I think he specifically said it for me), but he's still vegetarian (lots of faux-meat).
    I too make those same noises. lol Groans, ughs, and exasperated sighs. lol

My mother-in-law seems to be picking up veganism... I feel your pain. lol

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Introduce her to Barre3 - its doing wonderful things for me! My legs haven't looked this good in 10 years! I'm even contemplating buying some real shorts this summer - I haven't gone shorter than capris for ages!

barre3 Fitness | barre Fitness Studios | barre3

$15 a month and you don't have to worry about class schedules or brushing your hair to do it!
    Last edited by tomi; 06-06-2013 at 12:08 PM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation