Page 348 of 580 FirstFirst ... 248298338346347348349350358398448 ... LastLast
Results 3,471 to 3,480 of 5796

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 348

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    May not get to go camping that week. The XO is on leave that week already and if he's gone and I'm gone, there's no one to manage the office. Canio, you wanna fly up on TDY and cover down for me??

This totally sucks. I was getting excited.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    May not get to go camping that week. The XO is on leave that week already and if he's gone and I'm gone, there's no one to manage the office. Canio, you wanna fly up on TDY and cover down for me??

This totally sucks. I was getting excited.
    If only that were possible. Hell, we could take turns covering down for each other. A break from the regular insanity would be a nice change.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    If only that were possible. Hell, we could take turns covering down for each other. A break from the regular insanity would be a nice change.
    With that, your TDY has been approved.

*I wish I had that power

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    With that, your TDY has been approved.

*I wish I had that power
    You and me both.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

I am in complete awe about the number of people who approach me on Facebook wanting to know more about Primal, Paleo and Whole30. A gal I used to work with here on the Island sent me a message via Facebook asking for info on Whole30. I gave her my standard "Go to this website to learn more. Read this book to learn why. If you eat a lot of junk, this will be hard. If you eat a pretty good diet, it'll be easy" shpleal. She says they eat garbage and it'll be hard but it needs to be done.

I bet at least once weekly, someone approaches me. Some follow through, some don't. But it surprises me nonetheless how many "coaching" like conversations I have each week regarding Paleo/Primal. It really does. Either Paleo/Primal is becoming more mainstream, or I'm really good at advertising b/c I never thought I'd see this much activity about it when there are so many posts/comments/conversations going on about Advocare, Shakeology, ACE, and other bullshit diets going on around me.

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    That's so interesting. I saw that you talk about it on FB. I tend to not talk about it, because people always try to tell me how to live my life. Last year where I worked all the dudes debated diets all the time. There was the short round kid who lost 30 lbs power lifting and doing HFLC and they a) told him he would die of a heart attack from all the fat he ate, and b) always told him that he needed to do more cardio. It pissed me off because it clearly was working for him, but they wouldn't let it go. And the younger guys who did paleo obviously didn't read about, it seems like they got a brief overview from the partners and then went to. The partners who ate Paleo looked amazing. Guys in their 40s looking 10 yrs younger.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

I am in complete awe about the number of people who approach me on Facebook wanting to know more about Primal, Paleo and Whole30. A gal I used to work with here on the Island sent me a message via Facebook asking for info on Whole30. I gave her my standard "Go to this website to learn more. Read this book to learn why. If you eat a lot of junk, this will be hard. If you eat a pretty good diet, it'll be easy" shpleal. She says they eat garbage and it'll be hard but it needs to be done.

I bet at least once weekly, someone approaches me. Some follow through, some don't. But it surprises me nonetheless how many "coaching" like conversations I have each week regarding Paleo/Primal. It really does. Either Paleo/Primal is becoming more mainstream, or I'm really good at advertising b/c I never thought I'd see this much activity about it when there are so many posts/comments/conversations going on about Advocare, Shakeology, ACE, and other bullshit diets going on around me.
    To add to this, a friend I've been prodding lightly at (she's Type II diabetic) saw my shared link on the Whole30 (I pretty much copied and pasted what Tomi said when she shared it) and said she's researching it. I'm so excited. I hope more than I can hope anything else (except maybe MIL actually giving it a good solid chance to work) that she'll try the whole30 and find success with it. This gal used to babysit my kids and I love her to pieces, but up until now she's been full of excuses. I'm hoping she reads, likes what she reads and gives it a shot, a real valid full on effort shot. Knowing her, she will. She's been doing really well in the gym and with following her "diabetic" diet. I bet Whole30 will be perfect for her dietary needs. I've been quietly watching her and she's been commenting on a lot of the info I've been posting, to include a conversation I had with another diabetic about splenda and all of it's horrible properties, and she was a key player in a conversation I had with another gal on Whole30 and paleo in general. This is exciting for me.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kalli889 View Post
    Guys in their 40s looking 10 yrs younger.
    sign me up for this camp! I'm hoping to look 10 years younger when I reach my goals!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I convinced my BIL to try paleo/primal. He's doing pretty good - but is maybe 60/40 at this point. The problem is - he's discovered he can primalize all his favorite desserts. So he's constantly eating cookies and cakes and junk-type primal friendly foods. He isn't going to lose weight doing that. And he really wants to lose weight.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Well, when he comes to you complaining that he's not losing weight, you can impress upon him the importance of not eating primalized goodies.

So, I found out that the new XO has a possible backfill for when he goes on his leave (2 weeks long). If there is a backfill, I will probably be able to take leave.