Page 347 of 551 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347348349357397447 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 5508

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 347

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Someone has a Scentsy warmer down the hall and the scent he is warming today smells like a cross between coffee and donuts. It smells amazing and is making my tummy grumble. I wonder if donuts could be made with coconut flour. Surely they could be, right? I miss donuts.

Can anyone tell me how to effectively get blood out of fabric? I'm thinking peroxide could work?

Brady has a tee-ball game tonight. Kind of excited about it. Brats and oven fries will be dinner after the game is over. Brady likes brats. And in case any of you missed it on Facebook last night, he also loves sweet potatoes with coconut oil and plain steamed broccoli... And he's learned that he likes bbq sauce. Sweet Baby Rays, to be precise.

Boss went to Hawaii last week for his 25th wedding anniversary. He came back bearing gifts. He got Boss #2 and the new XO (taking the CPT's place who's getting screwed - possibly) some chocolate I guess, but he got me a box of strawberry lychee tea bags. How sweet. It sounds delicious!

Speaking of CPT who's getting screwed - possibly. One of two things can happen. His memorandum of reprimand may be filed locally (meaning it's put on file here and not available to the army as a whole) in which case life goes on and his career is not ruined, or it can be filed permanently, meaning his career is effectively over b/c he'll never make Major (he's eligible). He wrote letters and got letters from others to appeal to the CG that he file locally b/c bad judgement is not part of CPT's character, he makes sound decisions, etc, etc, etc, and that this incident is not indicative of his personality or his ability as a leader. I read his annual evaluations and every single one of them from his first year as an officer to his most recent say he's an outstanding officer and will be a brigade commander some day (our boss is a brigade commander - it's one step below the levels of General), etc. He really is a great officer and an amazing person. I hope the memo is filed locally. The Army will lose an amazing asset if they file permanently.

Weight still at 179 today... Guess it's time to get some more watermelon! That stuff goes through me like water and always seems to produce a bit of weight loss.

Had a bit of sciatic pain on my left side today. This is odd b/c my normal sciatic pain side is the right. But I have a chiro appointment at lunch so she'll fix me right up, I'm sure.

I suppose that's all the rambling I have to do today. I hope everyone's having a good Tuesday.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    -Donuts: yes, I have seen "paleo" donut recipes. Like this one. And this one.
    -Peroxide will definitely help with a blood stain. Get the fabric wet first, with cool water (seems to help with the saturation for some reason), then spray or poor the peroxide on it. You should see the stain lift, but you have to be careful not to get the surrounding areas, unless it's white fabric. Rinse with cool water, saturate with laundry detergent, and wash in a cold cycle. I've even had success with it after the fabric has been washed & dried.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Thanks, Tash. The fabric is creamy colored. I hope it comes out.

Both of those donuts look delicious! I wonder if it would be possible to make them cherry flavored using cherry yogurt or something... I've had a hankering for cherry donuts for a while. They're my fav...

Putting in for a different job on the Island. There is a position with a higher grade (but same pay) as I have now open for as a temporary position. It's a 6 month position. I would leave this position, work in that one for 6 months, and then come back to this position. I have all the experience necessary to get the job, so hopefully my relationships with the hiring officials is good enough to score me the job. Boss #2 would be the one making the final decision, and I work relatively closely with the director/deputy in the section the position is in. I believe I have a good relationship with them. I am hopeful.

Even though it's temporary and there's no increase in pay, this is necessary for me. It'll give me a full year as a GS-09, which will make me eligible for GS-11 positions as they open up. It's a posturing move, really. And with any luck, it would become a permanent position and I'd not have to be a secretary anymore. But, I doubt it would be come a permanent position - even though it was before it was recently vacated. Must be something to do with budget cuts. And actually, I just thought about it... 120 days is only 4 months. Shoot. I'll still be 2 months short of my 1 year as a GS-09... oh well. I'd still take it.

So, wish me luck. Resume is being reviewed now by a colleague.

I just did the math. I'll be 39 days short of a full working year as a GS-09. Not sure if this will be significant or not.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I just did the math. I'll be 39 days short of a full working year as a GS-09. Not sure if this will be significant or not.
    I think if you hit a certain number of months (9?) it counts as a year. Check with your local CPAC. And good luck!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Thanks Jon. I'll ask.

OM... I am SO hungry this morning! Tummy is growling fiercely!

I decided that for the remainder of my WholeWhatever (expected to end June 30) or there abouts, I will not weigh. Not sure if this will be significant or not, but I figure I mights as well step away. Hopefully there will be a pleasant surprise for me on the 1st of July. And actually, if the cards fall right, it might not be til the 3rd before I can weigh in. Brad and I might be taking the kids camping on the 30th thru the 2nd. A lot of things have to happen before we can commit to doing that - number 1 being finding a camper to borrow or rent. Also have to figure out how much annual leave I have available to me. I should be ok to take the whole week of July 1-5th off. Seriously considering it. Camping Monday and Tuesday, off Wednesday just for shits, holiday Thursday and off again on Friday, just for shits. That week will be interesting with camping and Brad racing and all that jazz... interesting for sure. But it could be a great deal of fun too. Hopefully we can entertain the kids while also getting adequate time to relax and not have them bored.

I got handed the task of finding a venue for the Colonel's farewell dinner. He will be leaving for Fort Knox at the end of June/first week of July, so we're having a big dinner to send him off. Again, expecting 150-200 people. I'm excited to help out.

Sleep: it's so hard to tell if your adrenals are right and if you're getting adequate sleep when you really enjoy sleeping and don't want to get up in the morning. Once I finally get up, I'm alert and moving, but until that "I must get up now or risk being late for work" time, I hit the snooze and sleep. On weekends, Brad and I have gotten into the habit of sleeping til 9 or 10. Our kids accommodate. We need to stop this. I'm not sure if it's a hormonal thing that has us wanting to continue to sleep, a laziness thing or a sheer enjoyment of sleeping. Regardless, I really don't like getting out of bed in the morning and wish I could wake up whenever I wanted to.

Anyhow, I have some DAU training that I REALLY must get done, so I will probably be away from the message board most of the day. I put on my resume that I have completed this course and the course due date is the 24th, so I really need to get cracking on it. Have a splendidly Primal day, folks.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Are you still taking 5-HTP/sleeping okay?

I used to have that issue with getting out of bed, but when my 5-HTP dose is right and I'm not eating too much refined sugar, I can get up pretty easily. I HAVE to keep to a regular sleep schedule, however. This means that I rarely sleep in on weekends. I used to set alarms on the weekend so I could get up, but I didn't need to after a couple of weeks. It's nice to have a full day to do stuff too
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I am still taking the 5-htp. 150 mg nightly. I sleep well - provided the kids don't wake me. But I'm not consistent in what time I go to bed. I'll usually find myself IN bed by 10:30, but I read for a while. Sometimes to 10:45, sometimes to 11, sometimes to midnight if I'm really into what I'm reading. I've been working through the Chronicals of Narnia - some parts are snooze fests and I fall asleep while reading, and other parts are exciting enough to keep me awake for a while.

I think I just enjoy sleeping... but once I've committed to getting up, I'm up. However, I'm the type of person who can get up at 6, get my kids a cup of milk and a quick snack, find a show on tv for them to watch and then go right back to sleep. I think I could stay awake if I wanted to. The trouble is wanting to. I think I just need to make the conscious decision to stay up and not go back to sleep. We'll try it this weekend.