Page 340 of 579 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341342350390440 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,400 of 5783

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 340

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've never done a whole 30 and I honestly think I would choke doing it. I'm actually considering going back to doing NK with a weekly or bi-weekly cheat day. I'm going to explain more about this on journal.
    Georgette

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I think you finally found your SWEET SPOT! The weights and the running - plus the W30!! You finally dialed in the right combination to unlock the fat! I agree with Paula - don't end the W30 - stay right where you are and I'd bet the wait is going to continue to drop off. You're ROCKIN' it, girl!!! I admire your determination and commitment.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I still have 7 days left on the whole30 b/c I'm finishing out with my sister, but then I was going to switch gears into a 21 day sugar detox so I could have my dairy back (primarily for heavy cream for recipes like chicken cordon bleu casserole and creamy chicken scampi) but maybe I could stick with W30 and allow these dishes as cheats. The only offending ingredient is dairy (both butter, cream and parmesan cheese in the scampi and just cream, swiss and parmesan cheese in the casserole).

So, back to the whole St. Jude's thing... my friend and I decided not to do the $2,500 donation level. I reserved us rooms in a hotel 1.5 miles from the street the race is supposed to start on. $65 a night. It's not a fancy hotel, but from what I understand, we'll only be sleeping in the hotel b/c there is so much to do on Beale Street (where the race starts).

We are planning to fundraise, but not sure how much yet. Either going to aim for $100 (for the shirt) or do the $500 for the shirt and race entry. She hasn't gotten back to me about which one she's interested in yet. I'm not interested in the pasta party and would prefer to go somewhere that the 4 of us can order what we want and hang out and chat. I've never met her hubby and they've never met Brad, so some time to talk would be nice.

We'll arrive on Friday, do dinner, race Saturday, do whatever after and then check out on Sunday. So we'll need to take some time off of work as I'd like to spend at least part of Sunday with them (they live in Florida which is a LONG way from Iowa). We can always add a day to the hotel reservation and drive back on Monday as well. It's all still up in the air. The important part is that we have some place to stay when we get there.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    The race sounds fun. I know that with Tristan doing cross country, I'm walking with her until I feel like I can try some running. I walked 2.46 miles and she ran just over 3.
    Georgette

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Awesome! Something to plan for - condition for - and look forward too! If you keep up the pace on the weights, running and dropping weight you'll be in top condition to do this! WooooHooooo!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

I'll have to slow down the weights in order to get adequate training in for the race. I'll have to cut down to 3x per week lifting, which is do able, and not THAT much less than what I'm doing now (4x). Running will have to happen 3x per week. So, I would likely lift MWF and run TThSat.

I saw something on Facebook that provided a list of names of US Senators, both democratic and republican, that voted against the states having the right to mandate GMO labeling on foods, stating that this requirement needs to come down from the FDA, not on a state by state basis. Both of the Iowa senators are on the list of nae voters... I sent them the following message:

I just wanted to let you know that you lost my vote when you voted down the bill that would allow states to mandate GMO labeling. I will NOT be voting for you in the upcoming election. I have every right to know whether or not the food I consume contains genetically modified components or not. I'm so tired of Monsanto peeing in the pool! Please tell your campaign committees NOT to send stuff to my house when your campaign ramps up.

Thank you.
    This labeling debate makes me SOOO angry! If GMOs were so safe for human consumption, why would Monsanto need so much protection? Why would they be so scared to label their foods? Why are they wanting to "blend in" with "normal" food if their food is so superior and perfect??? If it was so great wouldn't they WANT it to stand out with a blazing label that says "GMO"??? Ugh. It's sickening.

Still at 179... must mean that it's really real. I'm out of the 180s.

SIL decided she is going to continue on with her Whole30 as well. She said she really sees no reason to stop at this point. She will stop on her birthday (June 23), I imagine to enjoy some cocktails and gouda. She's been talking about gouda and wine a lot lately. lol But it's cool to have another person to travel this road with for a bit longer.

Re: Hot Guy... The CG FINALLY made a decision and decided to issue a GOMOR - General Officer Memorandum of Reprimand (or maybe it's memorandum of record?? idk). It is a permanent letter that will be placed in his personnel file that could prevent him from ever being promoted - b/c he slept with an eligible woman. This is a serious hit to his career. As far as I know, he is still able to go to school, but we didn't talk about that. He's working on his rebuttal case now - letters of recommendation, character statements, etc. He leaves for vacation (Jamaica) tomorrow. Not a lot of time. I feel terrible for him b/c he legitimately did nothing wrong. I just asked about his next assignment and he said it's all still up in the air. He's on a very short time frame right now and if he can't get his orders (which he can't get b/c of the pending actions), then he can't schedule household goods or any of that jazz, preventing him from getting to language school on time, preventing him from being able to take his fellowship. I'm quite upset with the CG right now for being so utterly stupid about this. This is completely asinine! He had consentual sex with an eligible woman!! And now his entire career is in jeopardy! Stupid stupid stupid! I hope his rebuttal will get through to the CG and this can all just go away.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Wow, what a load of absolute sh*t. Yeah, his career is effectively screwed over nothing. $10 says the CG is getting some on the side.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    That is really upsetting. What a waste!

It is a waste. He's a really good person and has great potential to be a great officer. Based on survey results, he was the best company commander we've ever had. It's very upsetting to me - and I'm not even involved!! I feel he is being very unfairly punished.