Page 334 of 593 FirstFirst ... 234284324332333334335336344384434 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,340 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 334

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    What did she lie to you about? Yes, I have found similar jewerly at JC Penney for about $20, and if you buy on Black Friday you can get KILLER deals on it (I got a $40 necklace for $15). She probably lost out on a $150 commision check by you cancelling.
    She claimed that she had already given my friend the $25 bonus for getting 3 bookings from her party. That friend teaches across the hall and said that I was the only person to agree to have a party so she did not receive said bonus.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Nice.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Today marks that mid-month day where my abdominal region is unhappy. There are about 7-8 days out of every month where being a woman totally sucks. Today is one of them. I NEVER had ovulation pain before using that stupid birth control shot!! ARGH!! I remember being on the trying-to-conceive boards at Babyfit before getting pregnant with Brady and hearing about ovulation pain for the first time in my life. Then when I was supposed to ovulate (you know, on day 14), I was super keyed in to how I felt and never once discovered ovulation pain. I hope the hormones get themselves worked out soon and these annoying hormone shift causing pains go away. *sigh*

Today is a bench press day. It's really odd to me to see that my bench press weight and squat weight are the same when clearly my legs are bigger than my arms. Something tells me I should be squating more than 95 lbs... but I'm too scared of injury to really push it without someone there to guide me (like a crossfit instructor or someone else equally qualified in strong lifts).

I stepped on the scale this morning and saw 182.8. I got excited and went out to the bedroom and grabbed my phone to take a pic... when I stepped on again, after putting the phone down so as not to screw with the scale weight, it said 183... and then 184, and then 183 again, and then 186. This stupid scale can't give the same weight twice EVER! It's such a hunk of junk. So I didn't change my weight ticker or anything like that and I'm not reporting 182.anything as my weight yet. And I'm not going to get excited about it until I see that weight again. Stupid scale... grumble grumble grumble

Makenna didn't sleep well last night, which means I didn't sleep well. For two nights this week she's been doing this wake up at 1 am and stay awake til 3 thing. I hope it stops soon. I think that coupled with my ovaries balking is putting me in a foul mood. Could also be the cloudiness outside too.

Speaking of Makenna... I think potty training is back underway. Two days ago (so, not yesterday, but the day before), Makenna ran off to the bathroom. MIL went to see what she was doing and saw she had stripped down and climbed onto the potty and gone pee. Today she did the same thing and then hollered for help a few minutes later. MIL went to check on her and she had pooped in the potty all on her own. SIL called me so Kenna could tell me about it. SIL said that since she did that, they put her in undies and said anytime she felt she needed to go potty, to go into the potty and go. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully well b/c I was planning on reintroducing the potty training this weekend. Maybe that's why she's not sleeping well? b/c she's peed in her pullup or something?

I'm going to make meatloaf for dinner. It just sounds good. I've got two pounds of deer and 1 pound of pork thawing in the fridge as we speak so I can whip it up tonight. I'm really quite excited about it. I wish I could have some buttered potatoes with it, but I'll survive without.

That's enough rambling for me... time to go catch up on journals and hit the gym.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Deer and pork meatloaf sounds cool, though I've never had venison

Good luck with the potty-training! Sounds promising.

That scale incident is a good indicator for why weight is arbitrary
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Hot office guy is supposed to be shipping out for Monterrey to go to language school and is then scheduled to spend the next three years in Uraguay getting his master's degree through a scholars program for soldiers. It's a SWEET deal for him. However, he's in a bit of a bind right now b/c he's been administratively flagged from favorable action b/c of a girl he dated recently. It turns out she was in the midst of a divorce when they started seeing each other and the ex husband is pissed. They only dated for 3 weeks or so before she became weird and he broke up with her. The ex-husband filed a complaint with the Inspector General regarding behavior unbecoming of an officer and adultery. The general has been stalling for two weeks regarding a decision of whether or not the complaint is legitimate. Now I guess all the rape complaints that are coming to light from the armed forces is impacting the general's decision. The fact of the matter is, the relationship was consentual and above the board and the ex-husband is only doing this in an attempt to be granted custody of their children. The boss and everyone below him as well as above him with any power have all said that this is an illegitimate claim by the ex-husband and that it should be treated as such, but apparently the General feels differently.

The Hot Guy is really stressing about this. His going away luncheon was supposed to be today and his departure was scheduled for next week. I feel bad for him. His stress level is impacting the atmosphere of this office too... and me no like.

canio6 Guest
    Was hot guy married? If not then he did not commit adultery.
    Last edited by canio6; 05-23-2013 at 09:59 AM.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    If she's going on her own and being proud of it - you've got it done! Yeah for potty training! no more diapers! just the occasional accident - keep extra panties and pants on hand for a couple years

You're doing great on the weights and whole30 - you should be proud! You're building muscle - which ALWAYS comes before actual weight loss - and as you know, usually causes a little weight gain at first. Those dang scales are not showing you the whole picture - and its just a number (I'm hearing myself say this too!) and what really counts is how you look and feel. I'm working really hard at using the scale as ONLY a backup source to confirm that I am seeing results. My legs are looking less saggy and old above the knee and my tummy is firming up under the layer of flab........... soon the scale will start to show a little progress as well.

I'm happy to hear you are not angry and frustrated over the number on the scale There is some really good progress there! Yeah, Jenn!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Was hot guy married? If not then he did not commit adultery.
    No. And agree. On their first ever date, she told him she was legally separated but still living with her husband. He asked for the check and told her he would not date her until something was in the works (meaning divorce had been filed and she had moved out). I think he did the responsible thing. I think part of the problem lies with the fact that he's a captain promotable and she's a civilian working on the Island. And all that messy garbage that goes with divorce. The ex-husband is using him as a pawn in his custody ploy, and the CG is doing his part to make sure something more serious isn't taking place, but I think the CG is blowing it a bit out of proportion for sure. It doesn't help that the CG is relatively new to the Island and has no relationship with the Good Captain. Said CPT used to be the company commander under the last two generals, and if it was them who was making this decision, it would have been over before it started. The CG's just too new, I think. It's a shitty deal.

canio6 Guest
    It is. Sounds like the general needs to get the f*ck over it.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    If she's going on her own and being proud of it - you've got it done! Yeah for potty training! no more diapers! just the occasional accident - keep extra panties and pants on hand for a couple years

You're doing great on the weights and whole30 - you should be proud! You're building muscle - which ALWAYS comes before actual weight loss - and as you know, usually causes a little weight gain at first. Those dang scales are not showing you the whole picture - and its just a number (I'm hearing myself say this too!) and what really counts is how you look and feel. I'm working really hard at using the scale as ONLY a backup source to confirm that I am seeing results. My legs are looking less saggy and old above the knee and my tummy is firming up under the layer of flab........... soon the scale will start to show a little progress as well.

I'm happy to hear you are not angry and frustrated over the number on the scale There is some really good progress there! Yeah, Jenn!
    I gave up on the scale being a valid measure of success a long time ago. Now I just use it for the data point. The true measure of success is my reflection and how my clothes are fitting.

Speaking of clothes, I had to retire a favorite shirt. I put it on this morning and it just looked too baggy so I took it off and threw it in the "wear no more" box.