Page 329 of 593 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339379429 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 329

tomi is offline Senior Member
    its those damn cookies! I hate it when I'm market targeted!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I don't mind. I thought it was cool that Mark's book was advertised outside of our little world here.

I think I have a bladder infection or UTI. Sucks. I was just at the doctor two days ago... now I have to go back. Probably too much fun with hubby the last two nights. *sigh* Damned if I do, damned if I don't.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Got any of that D-Mannose stuff? I know Cori swears by it. Or can you get some at the local hippie store?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    A teaspoon of baking soda dissolved in water. Works every time for a UTI!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

I tried ACV - maybe I didn't drink enough - but I ended up going for antibiotics - luckily my boss is a doctor and I called him at 9pm for an Rx. It helps to have connections!

Hope you can kick it soon. Don't wait to get checked they can go wild really fast!

Buy some AZO to stop the pain and urgency. It works wonders - but beware the ORANGE color it make your urine will stain anything it touches. Panty liners are a must if you don't want orange crotches. I mean - its really hard not to dribble sometimes - especially when you have a UTI.
    Last edited by tomi; 05-17-2013 at 07:05 PM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

All symptoms were gone today so not sure what to think... gonna wait it out a nd see if they come back.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

sometimes our bodies can fight off those bacteria all by itself! Maybe you're healthy eating has boosted your immune system.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Great pics Jenn! You look happy and proud as you should.

I am ANXIOUS today! Not sure why. Been discussing with my sister how the W30 is working in ways she doesn't recognize yet and she needs to give it more time before deciding it isn't for her. She says she likes Primal eating though, so I think we might have a convert... keeping her on track will be the difficult task. She mentioned yesterday she misses chips and crap. We'll see what she does when the Whole30 is over.

having the whole "eat real food" conversation with a gal on Facebook who has 7 weeks until her wedding and wants to drop 19 lbs. I told her to ditch wheat for the remainder and she'd most likely see the loss she's looking for - or get pretty damn close to it. She said she's doing South Beach, which is wheat and sugar free, etc, but then said she eats egg beaters and turkey sausage for breakfast. I asked her why she eats processed stuff instead of real food. She said she can eat more egg beaters than eggs for the same amount of calories. Then she asked me if I count calories. I told her no and told her what I eat - followed by how when we eat real food our body gets the signal to stop eating when we're full, unlike when we eat chemicals that confuse our bodies into thinking we're still hungry. I told her that without counting calories, and eating until my body tells me to stop, I'm losing weight, getting stronger and getting smaller. It seems like she's open to the dialog so we'll see where it goes.

I'm going to the gym now. Supposed to do overhead press this week - 70 lbs. I might try to do one or two reps at that weight, but I think I'm going to be repeating the 65 lbs from last week. I don't think I'm strong enough to move up yet. We'll see what happens.

Hope everyone's having a great day.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, I did it. I pushed 70 lbs over my head 3 and 1/2 times. I tried for a 4th rep and only made it about 6 inches before I felt like my form was suffering. I wonder how long it's going to take for my back to get the strength it needs to do these moves without me having to worry about it. I don't know if my form is off the whole time or what, but when I get to the last few reps of my heavy stuff, my low back gets tense and feels taxed. Sometimes I feel like I should be wearing a weight lifting belt to keep my back neutral b/c I'm sure I bow it at some point. Overhead press is the biggest culprit, but I also feel it with planks.

Day 22 of my Whole30. Still at 183 lbs. Over the weekend I bounced up 2. Not sure what that was about, but today I'm back down, so I'm happy. I wish I had never stepped on that scale on day 16. Doing so is making me want to do it every day!

I had a ThirtyOne gifts party yesterday. The next time I mention having any such sales party at my house, remind me how much work I went to and how much money I spent on snacks and how little I got in sales... please. I invited 25 people and only 3 showed up. 3. So, there were 5 of us adults in the house (including me and the party consultant), and 3 of them were doing Whole30, so none of the dips (sour cream with ranch seasoning and vanilla greek yogurt) were eaten, and none of the soda was drank (well, MIL drank a little bit of Mt. Dew). And of course, both of the dips will expire before my Whole30 is up. But, I spent an entire day getting my house in order - to include shampooing the carpets - to have my sister, sister-in-law and mother-in-law show up... all that work for three people who know how messy my freaking house is anyway! ARGH! I posted the link on facebook after the party and I've had two people say they're going to order from the link. If anyone HERE is interested in some ThirtyOne gifts bags, let me know and I'll send you the link. They're super cute and so incredibly durable! And some of them are HUGE! I stuffed my daughter in one yesterday. And they have a great deal going on right now on thermal totes. So, if you've heard of ThirtyOne and you're interested, let me know. If you HAVEN'T heard of ThirtyOne and you're interested in what they have, let me know. I'll be glad to show you the catalog. I love their bags. If I ever hit the lottery, I'll be in bag heaven!

After the party, my sister gave Brady a mohawk. It looks so funny and fits his personality so well. Brad laughed and said there was no way he was ever going to be able to take Brady seriously with that haircut. lol We spiked it up nice with some gel this morning so he's stylin' at school today. (That's my sister) Here's a pic:

Bradymohawk.jpg