Page 324 of 577 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326334374424 ... LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 5761

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 324

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    OMG it is so cold in this office today!! We definitely do NOT need the AC this morning! brrrrrrr... where's the fuzzy blanket? I'm frozen!

I'm also very anxious to see what my weight change looks like. And when I get anxious about what my weight is, I get these wild fanatasies in my head of it being an amazing number... and in most cases, I'm sorely disappointed to learn that I'm not that great at weight loss... but right now, the number resounding in my head is 183... I think I might check it to see, just so I'm not sorely disappointed when the Whole30 is over, b/c I bet it's not as low as my mind thinks it is.

On Day 15 I believe.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Stepmom got me an amazon gift card for graduation. That coupled with the $100 my mom gave me will be used to purchase my Jawbone body monitor. I will be selling the Body Media body monitor on eBay and will be less concerned about how much I get out of it now. Whatever I get from selling that will be used to buy something for my flower bed/garden or something.

Brad and I *ALMOST* went and looked at a house on 2 acres yesterday. It's one we've been interested in for quite a while. It's very nice. It came up for sale when we were first shopping in 2004, but it was well beyond our price range. It's only gone up $20k in those years. It's on 2 acres (almost all of them are in the front yard!), has a finished basement, granite countertops throughout, wood/tile floor throughout, finished walk-out basement, etc... and an inground pool!

We didn't look at it b/c

1.) it's not much bigger than what we have now (only 500 square foot bigger)
    2.) it's only a 3 bedroom (we want 4)
    3.) the bedrooms are small
    4.) it's only on 2 acres, not 5
    5.) there are no out-buildings
    6.) Brad says it's too close to a major highway (noise, I guess is his concern)
    7.) the pool raises considerable concerns from maintenance to safety to insurance
    8.) we'd have to sell our house and it's not ready to be sold yet
    9.) we were afraid we'd like it and do something stupid... i.e. buy it

Bottom line, it's not what we want. We want more room. We want 4 bedrooms, we want 5 acres (minimum of 3), we want out-buildings, we want remoteness and privacy. But more so, we want to be debt free so we can have what we want - all of those things, which will easily cost us $300k.

It's a very nice house and it's priced SO LOW for what it is. Our house, with 1 acre is worth $200k... they were asking for $207k with more land, and more features inside - we don't have granite or tile and we don't have a freaking awesome ass in-ground pool either... it's definitely priced to sell. It won't last long at all. Very pretty. Here, if you wanna take a look.

I think we're going to have steak and shrimp for dinner. I had some amazingly delicious grilled shrimp at Texas Roadhouse this weekend (without the sauce b/c it was made with butter) and can't wait to have grilled shrimp again. It might just be my new favorite food. I absolutely LOVE shrimp! Shrimp and tbones... eatin' like kings!! I love PRIMAL!

Day 15 of the Whole30 and SIL has lost 11 lbs. So happy for her!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    So glad to hear the graduation was good. And good for you NOT looking at the house. You've planned your work- now work your plan. There will be awesome places for sale when you are ready in 2-3 years.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I'm so glad to hear all went well with the graduation - and relationships are restored

Thats an awesome house - but good that you decided not to look. My advice - don't look at ALL until you are within 3 months of being ready to make an offer on something. It would be awful to find a place that you really really love - but you're not in the right place financially to make it happen.

So - have you checked you're weight yet? I'm sure you've lost cuz you're doing so awesome!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

The challenge we're running into now is whether or not we put any money into this place knowing we plan to sell in 5 years. The front deck is starting to sink on the side closest to the house. We didn't put in the concrete footings b/c it was just going to be a temporary deck until we paid off the home equity loan (used to finish the house - garage doors, etc) at which time we'd put on a real porch. The loan is paid off but the porch build hasn't happened yet and the concrete blocks we set the deck on are starting to sink. Building a back deck off the french doors in the dining room was another plan we'd had that hasn't happened yet. As well as finishing the basement... but when we find a plot of land we want to buy, we have a house design picked out that we think we'll like. All in due time...

Tonight at Brady's tee-ball practice, a gal backed into my car. Left a dent the size of a volleyball in the corner of the bumper that later popped out on its own. The paint is damaged though. Trying to decide if we should get it fixed or just keep the cash. It'll be about $2500 if it's anything like the last time the bumper cover was damaged and had to be replaced. Brad suggested we get the check and decide later what we want to do. The car has 170k miles on it. Not sure it'd be worth it to fix the bumper when we could use the money to pay down debt and get a newer car faster. I'm sure Brad will want to do something stupid with it.

I suppose. It's 10:45. Time to move the laundry to the dryer and go to bed. Brad wants to have sex, but I think I'll pass tonight. It's late and I'm tired.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Well, I'm sure you know this, but you'll want to invest a bit into making your house really appealing to potential buyers down the line. The deck seems like something worth fixing, to me. My parents are finally getting going on some of the larger projects at their house. My mom had the back deck torn down and rebuilt (it's AWESOME), she's working on smothering the old garden and has laid out all the black sheets and mulch for a new one (so excited for tomatoes later this summer!), and they are saving up to get the front steps re-done. They're brick and falling apart =\. I'm going to help them make a smaller to-do list for the rest of the summer, but it's mostly CLEAN THE POOL BEFORE ENGAGEMENT PARTY haha. We're going to start shocking it this weekend.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

To fix our deck, we'll have to disassemble it and replace the concrete blocks... our initial intent was to put a porch on the house. The front of our house has a gable over the living room and we were going to extend a porch off using this gable. Like this . That'll cost at least $6,000....

I've sold a home before so I know all about fixing things, staging, etc. We're not ready to sell, but we could sell it easily without a back deck. It would just sell easier with a back deck.