Page 318 of 593 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328368418 ... LastLast
Results 3,171 to 3,180 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 318

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So sorry Jenn. You shouldn't have to tell your husband that he can't race so he can go to your graduation. He should have made the effort to find out. In my house, that would be grounds for a serious problem no matter who did that to whom.

Just know that we, your MDA family, are so proud of you and wish we could be there on Friday.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Wss!!!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Jenn. if I could get my ass up to Iowa in time, I'd be there. Go you! Getting a master's is no small feat, and doing it as a mama to little tiny people and working and solving debt issues takes a special breed of strength. Brad needs to be drug out and shot repeatedly for not thinking ahead to ask when the ceremonies are. So do the rest of your close family and friends. They can race any weekend. You'll only graduate once.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    WE'LL all be there in spirit with you. You've accomplished a lot and deserve to have people there to celebrate with you, but we don't always get what we deserve.

I say nothing about husbands or mothers. But I want to.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks everyone.

At this point, I don't even want him to go. He'll just be grumpy and pissy and take it out on the kids, and they'll be bawling during the whole thing. I'd much rather have my kids running around and raising hell but having run than him there taking his anger out on them by bullying them. If he says he's going, I'll tell him that I don't want him there anymore b/c he'll make it a miserable event since he'd rather be racing and resentful that he isn't. It's only an hour long ceremony. It's not worth it. Let him freaking race... it's his regret, not mine. I'll have my classmates to celebrate with.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Late on the parade here, but seriously, would be there in a heartbeat if I could. What better way for us to meet than at a time of celebration!? I'm sure your graduation day will be awesome.

My graduation day had an undertone of sadness because Hulky was on his way to GA after getting called back to the Army less than a year after his 3 yrs of active duty were over. I don't think Hulky will go to his graduation at all, but I will definitely be taking him out for margaritas once he gets his diploma .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Your graduating?? How exciting! Congratulations!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Tasha, I didn't go to my bachelor's graduation b/c I completed my degree online from a local state university - graduation would have taken ALL FREAKING DAY and I didn't have any personal interest in any of those people. With my master's, I decided I wanted to go b/c I actually sat in class with these people. We got to know each other and have a personal investment in each other that wasn't there with my bachelor's. I'm very excited to take the walk with these people.

Brad only earned his associates and skipped the graduation for that. He doesn't see the significance for me. But whatever. I don't want to drag him there... I want him to WANT to go... to care enough to realize this is a big deal for me and that his support would be appreciated.

Trying to find a sitter to watch my kids for that time Friday night. I learned that the kids and I will be separated during the ceremony so they'll need an adult with them.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    How 'bout a teen babysitter to stay at home with them? You must know someone with a teenaged daughter who would be willing to either stay home with them or come to the ceremony and sit with them. I'm sure you want them at the ceremony - but honestly, they are too young to really understand whats happening. Is this going to be a very small venue so they will be within eye shot? I just remember my graduation --- 2500 graduates - and 10,000 in attendance - I can't imagine leaving my little ones alone in the crowd. I'm sure thats not the environment you're having - cuz that would be just crazy.

Not to add coal to the fire -- but this pisses me off that Brad won't drop the racing for one freaking night and go with you to this very important celebration.! GRRRRR ...........

When I graduated my soon-to-be-ex came and brought our 14 year old son to see me graduate. But he didn't wait for me when all was done so I walked out of the auditorium and watched everyone else being met by their family and hugged! I walked alone to my car and went home. No fan fare for me. I had a pity party too cuz I was the FIRST person in the entire history of my family, both sides, to get a 4 year degree. It was a big deal to me - but NO ONE in my family came to see me graduate. Granted - I was 500 miles away from all my family - but I still thought someone would make the effort to come to it. I have to give credit to the ex for making the effort. He was a good friend - lousy husband.

I hope you can find someone to take care of the little munchkins........... it will make the evening easier for you.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm scrambling to find a sitter now. A gal I'm graduating with said my kids could sit with her family and her kids would entertain them. There are only 10 MOL graduates, probably equal number of MBA graduates, so the venue will be rather small. Our advisor said that the ceremony will only take an hour, with a reception to follow.

I have a call to Brad's grandma (actually MIL's sister, but she held the grandma role all of Brad's life as MIL's mom died when she was a young girl) to see if she can watch them for the 4 hours I will be gone (including commute and a bit of time for the reception). If she can't, and my cousin isn't coming home (recently finished college semester, but going to Hawaii for camp this summer), then I'll take them with me and let Niki's kids entertain them. I'll be able to see them, but I know Makenna will want to be with me and Brady can't control her - he can barely control himself. They aren't familiar with Niki's family (having never met them), but it might work. Better if I find a sitter, though.

It's awesome having so many friends in an online community when you need to talk b/c there's the annonymity and the ease of just letting things out, but when you really need a friend for something concrete, it's not very helpful. I have a ton of virtual babysitters... and not nearly enough real-life ones.

Worst case scenario, they can probably play at the neighbor's house while I'm gone.