Page 317 of 579 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319327367417 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 5785

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 317

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    They're who get the help desk tickets when something needs to be done anyway, so why waste time calling the help desk?
    Amen. What the NEC here does when I call is they enter a 'help ticket' on the spot so that they get credit for it as if it came from the help desk but it skips the help desk step (and wait). Perhaps Brad and Kyle can do likewise. If needed bat your primal eyelashes at them
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    haha They still help with some stuff, but if it requires them to do any real work, we have to call the help desk. They're contract employees and not allowed to do anything without a specific order now. They used to be able to enter help tickets, but not anymore. It really sucks.

Tomi, thanks for the well wishes. I'm really hoping they don't find anything on the ultrasound and we can move on from this. He's still producing red blood cells, so there is a strong likelihood he can bounce back from this, as long as it's not cancer. We just have to find the source of the bleeding (kidneys or bladder??) and get it stopped. If it's the leptosporosis, there is a prescribed treatment plan, so I'm optimistic we'll get it solved. But it all depends on the ultrasound and xray results.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Ok... for $336.43, our dog may or may not have cancer... *sigh* They did the ultrasound, but didn't see anything that would indicate cancer, but the *other* vet in the office, whom we do not like, said we need to keep cancer in the back of our minds. Dr. Budding, the doctor who's been treating him, says that it's very likely leptospirosis, but we won't get the results back until Wednesday or Thursday. They put him on another antibiotic, so now he's taking Bactril (maybe that's what it's called?), amoxicillin and whatever injectible antibiotic they gave him on Sunday. They said his hemoglobin count looks better, up to 18 from 14 on Sunday. So hopefully in a couple of days he'll be feeling better. Brad says he's cautiously optimistic until we get that test result back on Wednesday.

For $336 he better live forever... lol

I wish him much luck, and yes, for that price he should be invincible.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I'm so bad.......... I absolutely hate spending money on vet bills!!!! My thought is - if it costs more than $500 to fix the animal - then its going to be put down. YES - i'm a total dog/cat lover --- but common sense tells me that $500 is better spent on food and shelter for the humans, instead of on keeping a pet alive. Just me though........ We have a friend who has spent THOUSANDS of dollars on his lab. The dog was originally $2500 - excellent hunting dog!!!! Well trained - all that stuff. Then got sick. He's now worth about $6000. This is a dog with a lifespan of about 9 years. I just can't see it.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Between pound fees, getting her fixed, and vet bills from shots and what was likely parvo, the Froot Loop has run us just shy of $400 total. That's not counting all the chow, toys, and vitamins. I'd say she's been worth it. Had that been an all at once dump, it may well have been a different story.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I'm so bad.......... I absolutely hate spending money on vet bills!!!! My thought is - if it costs more than $500 to fix the animal - then its going to be put down. YES - i'm a total dog/cat lover --- but common sense tells me that $500 is better spent on food and shelter for the humans, instead of on keeping a pet alive. Just me though........ We have a friend who has spent THOUSANDS of dollars on his lab. The dog was originally $2500 - excellent hunting dog!!!! Well trained - all that stuff. Then got sick. He's now worth about $6000. This is a dog with a lifespan of about 9 years. I just can't see it.
    This is why I have pet insurance.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    OH!!! Pet insurance changes everything!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Given the mood I'm in, fuck off spammer.

Today is one of those days where I really wish I had a best friend. Never felt as lonely as I do right now. I realized tonight that it's just me and the kids going to the hooding ceremony on Friday. Brad and everyone else is going racing. Nephew has a ball game so sister can't go. Mom has other plans (likely drinking at the bar) and step-mom might not be able to get off work in time to make it (she's gonna try though). It's my own fault for not realizing it was this Friday and not to remind Brad he can't race. Dad had carpal tunnel surgery and isn't supposed to be driving, and I would not want him to tend to my kids during the ceremony b/c he lacks patience. Plus, with his surgery, he can't really hold onto kids when they try to get away. I hate not having friends. It would be really nice if someone could come with me. Whatever. My kids will be there, I guess, they always seem to have my back but will probably run rampant and ruin the event for me. FML. <-- this is the one and only time I have ever said that b/c I've never felt my life has sucked enough to warrant it. But right now, I'm pretty down about the lack of interest from my family. I don't ask for much, I really don't. And you can bet your ass that if it was anyone else in the family who was graduating, I'd be there in a heartbeat. Oh well. I guess it just goes to show who you can count on and who you can't.

*sigh* Pity Party, Table for 1...

BTW, stepmom has always shown an interest in it but her job situation sucks and the people she works with suck. Her boss is a total bipolar bitch and no one is interested in covering for her. She doesn't get off work until 5, hooding is at 5... and she works an hour away from where hooding is taking place. I can usually count on my stepmom when it's something important... babysitting she flakes on sometimes, but when it comes to attending something I need her at, she's great. She's more a mom to me than my mom. It's her belief that my mom had me so my stepmom could have a daughter. I guess if I was totally honest about it, my stepmom is probably as close to a best friend as I've ever had. And I really wish she could go.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 05-07-2013 at 08:58 PM.

That stinks about everyone being occupied elsewhere during the hooding, but you know what? You are graduating and that is freaking awesome. Seriously. It is their loss if they miss out on it. You accomplished something great - mom, wife, worker and still you get an advanced degree? That is more than most can manage. Rock on jenn and to hell with those who don't realize the importance of it.