Page 316 of 593 FirstFirst ... 216266306314315316317318326366416 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 316

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Poor Doggie, Sorry. I hope it is good news for Brad's sake.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I'm in a "kill all the things" mood... My work computer and the software we use are giving me fits so I can't do what I need to do. Of course, our IT support has recently been outsourced so I have to call an 800 number and talk to someone in ARIZONA to fix it. Annoying.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Talking to Canio?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Talking to Canio?
    Hell, yeah, call me up. I don't know jack about computers or software, but heck, I work for the government so competence is optional

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Hell, yeah, call me up. I don't know jack about computers or software, but heck, I work for the government so competence is optional
    I wish I could have talked to Canio instead...

Probably the most annoying thing about the new IT contract is that we can't call our IT people on post. We have to call the Help Desk, which is located at 7th Signal in Arizona. They try to do typical "help desk stuff" like "were you a retard and forgot to turn on your machine", then if that doesn't work, they create a ticket, which goes to one of our IT guys here to fix. I could have just skipped the middle man and gone straight to my favorite IT guy...

Then, when you call and you're prompted to make a selection, in my case, option 3, you hit 3 on the phone and the stupid recording keeps playing! You have to wait til the forever long recording to stop playing before you can make your selection, only to turn around and have to wait for another forever long recording to finish before making your next selection.

Then I have to give my name, email address, phone number, etc, etc, etc, before they can help me... whereas if I could just call Brad or Kyle and they know who I am and can jump right into fixing the problem. I miss our old IT contract. I sure do hope the Army is saving a LOT of money on this new contract b/c what they're saving there is going to have to cover down to pay for the lost time we spend on the phone fixing our computers now...

I would imagine talking to Canio would be much less frustrating.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    IProbably the most annoying thing about the new IT contract is that we can't call our IT people on post. We have to call the Help Desk, which is located at 7th Signal in Arizona. .
    I am about 3 blocks from them and I am supposed to call some help desk number as well. F' that noise. I call the NEC directly, play dumb "Oh, there is a help desk number? But you guys are so helpful...can you help me out?", and generally it gets done. Then I write them a nice ICE message and drop off donuts every once in a while. Next time call your local folks. Worst they can do is tell you no.

We used to have VISTA, a small local contract that did our IT work. We also have a NEC but VISTA always dealt with them.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    We used to have VISTA, a small local contract that did our IT work. We also have a NEC but VISTA always dealt with them.
    Oh, that is lame as hell. No way to call the NEC directly?

I'm sure there is... but I prefer Brad and Kyle. They'll come up and fix whatever the problem is instead of making me figure it out over the phone. They're who get the help desk tickets when something needs to be done anyway, so why waste time calling the help desk?

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sorry about the doggy Hope its nothing serious.

I can relate to the need to stay unattached to the furry little critters we invite into our homes and hearts! I have loved far to many dogs in my time. When Zeus goes on to doggy heaven we are never getting another animal. EVER! They are fun and all, but way too much work, way too much expense, and way to painful to say goodbye.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.