Page 311 of 590 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311312313321361411 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 5892

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 311

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Since Brad doesn't 'want to know' about the money for the negative stuff, I think it is fine if you don't tell him about a positive thing. You're the only one looking out for your financial future, so you get to make the call on what to do with that money.

Bummer about the phone. I can't believe they wouldn't replace it. NOT good advertisement for their product.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Whole30 Day 2 also coincides with Allergy Season Day 2... My nose is tingly, my sinuses are full, and my head hurts. No me gusta allergy season. Plan to take some benedryl to see if things improve. Hopefully I don't fall asleep at my desk. lol

Looking for breakfast ideas - the make ahead type. There are only so many weeks in a row that you can eat boiled or fried (without the runny yolk) eggs and not get bored senseless. I don't know how Brad has done it (he only gets fried eggs. Won't eat boiled). Going to see what I can find in a Paleo breakfast cookbook... I pulled it from amazon for free, so it's quality is likely questionable, but gonna look anyway. Whatever it is, it needs to be simple and something I can make ahead on Sundays to dish out during the week.

My area around my sciatic is inflammed again - or so I suspect - b/c I'm experiencing some nerve pain in my low back/left hip area. Not happy about it, but know the Whole30 will clear it up.

Slept like crap last night - spent much of the night on the edge between dozing and actual seep. Tired today and that tiredness is affecting my mood and my ambition. The allergies aren't helping... it's deadlift day, so I can only imagine what bending over to pick up heavy weights is going to do to my head... not looking forward to it. Part of me just wants to go home and get some more sleep.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Last week I had banana pancakes: one egg mashed with one banana to make a batter, makes six little pancakes. They were really good, both hot and cold. I can even see them as bread substitutes. They were a little carby for me to have often, but I will definitely have them in my rotation.

Do you like chicken drumsticks? I love those for breakfast, just warmed up a little in the micro.

We eat drumsticks quite frequently for dinner. Had some Sunday evening and again yesterday for lunch.

Time to hit the gym and I'm totally not feeling it today. I don't want to give my all... Maybe I'll just run to the gym, do my deadlifts and come back to the office. No reason to do all the accessory workouts if I don't wanna today. Hoping maybe a run will help clear things out.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Hey Jenn............... I think I will join you on Whole30 for May - starting today. I have to do something drastic to get things moving again. I've been sorta 1/2 assed at this lately. Good during the week - bad on the weekends. I'm seeing a very obvious pattern in the journals -- only those who are probably 95% ON are seeing weight loss and energy boosts. So............ I need to get to get to that place!

So........... you have another partner.

I started a thread for whole30. Here.
    Last edited by tomi; 04-30-2013 at 10:37 AM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Cool. Glad to have you. But truth be told, I'm not doing this one to lose weight. I'm done focusing on weight, I think. I'm doing this in an effort to get back on track and remember what it's like to live in a good feeling body. Hopefully there will be some weight loss, but I'm not pushing for it. If anything, I suspect I'll drop back to my set point of 185 or something.

Soooo very tired and lethargic. There is definitely something going on in this body. Immune system is working in hyperdrive - probably to combat these allergies. I hope the W30 helps to eliminate those allergies. I have no idea what plant or micro-organism is causing them... what's pollinating right now? Could it be a mold thing? No idea. All I know is I'm sleepy and my nose burns/tingles. ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Samsung won't cover the damages to my phone. A cracked screen voids the warranty so the cost of any repairs would have to be paid for by me. I told the service rep on the phone that if it was any other product on the planet that broke within a day, the company would repair or replace it and as a result of this incident I will likely not ever buy another Samsung product. I am very very very disappointed and unhappy right now.

I think it's time to go leave a glowing review about this Samsung product and their "warranty" policy.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 04-30-2013 at 12:35 PM.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    From an IT perspective, I understand why they won't replace it, though sometimes companies will cave (which is why I suggested it, but maybe it's more common with computers than phones). How do they know you didn't chuck it at a wall to try and get a better/replaced model or something like that? People try to play warranties all the time. Physical damage is never covered unless you buy a separate plan to cover that. You'd have to sue them and find proof that it's a fault in the design rather than unfortunate user error. =\

Sorry, that is probably not helping, but it is the nature of electronics. It is up to the consumer to warranty against physical damage. Verizon offers a plan to cover liquid and other damage for something like $7 a month, with a $99 deductible.

I hope you can find a reasonable replacement or it is not too bad to live with for a little while. I definitely encourage getting a good cover though! I only use a phone without one if it's a cheap phone. I've dropped my HTC Incredible 2 a million times since I got it 14 months ago and it's still working fine.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Amazon.com: J. Tyler's review of Samsung Galaxy S III/S3 GT-I9300 Factory U...

My Amazon review of the Samsung Galaxy S3. If you are in the market for a new phone and have EVER in your life broken a phone, beware of this one. It's so incredibly fragile!

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    From an IT perspective, I understand why they won't replace it, though sometimes companies will cave (which is why I suggested it, but maybe it's more common with computers than phones). How do they know you didn't chuck it at a wall to try and get a better/replaced model or something like that? People try to play warranties all the time. Physical damage is never covered unless you buy a separate plan to cover that. You'd have to sue them and find proof that it's a fault in the design rather than unfortunate user error. =\

Sorry, that is probably not helping, but it is the nature of electronics. It is up to the consumer to warranty against physical damage. Verizon offers a plan to cover liquid and other damage for something like $7 a month, with a $99 deductible.

I hope you can find a reasonable replacement or it is not too bad to live with for a little while. I definitely encourage getting a good cover though! I only use a phone without one if it's a cheap phone. I've dropped my HTC Incredible 2 a million times since I got it 14 months ago and it's still working fine.
    I have insurance. It costs $6 a month, with a $100 deductible. I am just livid about this b/c it was ONE EFFING day before it broke. I'm not asking them to replace the phone with a newer model... I asked them to replace the glass. Given how easily the glass breaks, I'm willing to bet it would cost next to nothing for them to replace it.

Besides, if they were to provide a replacement, they could refurbish the "broken" one and still resell it at a profit, so whatever reasoning they may have is invalid.