Page 310 of 578 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320360410 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 5779

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 310

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I put the payment from this month into the furlough fund. Tasha, sadly we have accounts that are supposed to be accumulation accounts and not spending accounts, but something always requires us to pull from them. Poor spending habits are the main culprit.

So, this payment went into the furlough fund and the next payment will go toward the credit card we're working to pay off right now. I did not tell Brad about the skipped payments at my stepmom's advice b/c she said he's just like my dad - if he knows there's extra money, he'll spend it on something or want to spend it on something... that's what brings me the most anxiety around money is that I want to be responsible with it, and Brad usually wants to buy something or improve something... while I'm not 100% against buying things or improving upon things, I think we need to be sure to take care of needs first. Once our debts are paid off, we'll have all the disposable income he could ask for to modify his truck, buy new hunting gear, etc. Until then, we have to take care of our needs... and besides, she said that wives are supposed to squirrel away money without the husband knowing - for that rainy day when Murphy's Law kicks in. So, squirreled away it is...

Got my new phone on Friday, activated it on Saturday, and it broke yesterday. The screen cracked from side to side. I am absolutely livid b/c the carrier won't replace it - they said I have to use my insurance benefits to get it replaced, which is another $100 for the deductible. The thing was in my pocket and I was sitting down... wth? I'd understand if I had dropped it, bumped into something, or any other thing like that... but to break in my pocket while I'm not even moving??? Seriously? If a phone can't take THAT, then either I got a bad one or the product line as a whole is junk! And then, because it's broken, if the phone turns out to not fit my needs (one complaint I saw online was that it drops calls b/c the antenna sucks), I'm screwed b/c a broken phone can't be returned (our carrier gives you 15 days to decide if you like the phone or not and allows you to return it for a full refund if you want something else). One customer service rep I spoke with said I should have purchased a protective case for it to prevent it from breaking. Really? Maybe if the phone was so flimsy as to break while it's in my pocket, you should have SOLD it in a protective case... js... So I'm rather ticked about that and I'm dealing with it in its broken state for now. I've never been so upset with my carrier before... upset enough that I've (for a fleeting second) considered leaving. Sadly, I guess I'm not that mad b/c I haven't left yet. One of the social network reps is "working" with me to 'restore my faith in the phone and company'... whatevs. Unless they replace the phone for free, I likely will remain ticked about this for a while. And I'm not bound by contract, so they'll have to work harder to restore that faith b/c the next time something this shitty happens, I'll probably reach my max and leave. I've been with this carrier for 13 years and have ALWAYS talked them up as a great carrier... but I'm pretty upset with them right now. Aside from the fact that the phone is broken, I love it. I love the features and the ease of use... but I don't love it enough to buy a replacement after 2 days of ownership.

Today is my Kenna-Bearz's 3rd birthday. I can't believe she's not 2 anymore. I really don't want my kids to grow up. Brady's at a pretty good "self-sufficient" age, and Makenna still requires a lot of work and attention, but they're both great kids as they are and I would love for them to stay this age forever.

Started my Whole30 today. I'm looking forward to it. SIL jumped on board starting today too. She said recently she's had some binges that have left her so full she can't even eat dinner. Been there, know that feeling. Experienced it myself in the last couple of weeks. Hoping it won't take long to feel good again.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Good, I was going to suggest just not telling him, but hoped you would come to that conclusion on your own.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I agree with not telling him and using the money wisely. For all he knows the money went to the mortgage, leave it at that.

Good luck on your whole30! I hope it is a successful as the others.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

I had already not planned to tell him about the payment that was going to be skipped (June) and was going to apply it to the credit card. The anxiety arose b/c of the second skipped payment for May. I wasn't anticipating having two months off from our mortgage and it threw me.

whole30 day 1: so far so good but I feel like crap. I've got some kind of sinus thing going on. Post-nasal drip is making my throat hurt a bit and making my tummy upset. And all of that is making me tired.

Tried to find covers for our phones... gave up. Tired of looking at phone covers. We need to just go somewhere and find what we like. Since my phone is already broken, there's really no point - except to make it pretty.

ugh... not feeling well.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    so you're phone is working - it just has a broken screen? just cracked but still functional? that's sucks.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Yep. The glass is cracked from one side to the other. Annoying as hell.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Yep. The glass is cracked from one side to the other. Annoying as hell.
    Have you called the company that made the phone to see if they can help you? You also might want to look online to see how to replace the glass.

No I haven't. I was told that a broken screen constitutes physical damage and the warranty would not cover physical damage.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    If your concern is of the durability/manufacturing of the device, you should take it up with the manufacturer. They might not replace it, but you might get a voucher. It could have just been a bad egg, but the manufacturer is the only one who can really do anything about that.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).