Page 31 of 593 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131531 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 31

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    If I had to pick between the almond and the coconut, I'd take the coconut.

HOLY DOWNPOUR!! It just started raining out of NOWHERE! lol And now it's done... Iowa... I tell ya, Mother Nature is MESSED up this month... geesh!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Coconut would be a better option considering the extra dose of Omega-6 that almond "milk" would give you. It's a nice treat, but I try not to get it often.

It's rainy here today, but fortunately it's going to be warm in MD and I'm heading down tonight!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

at 9 am, it's 72 degrees here, which is a HUGE change from earlier this week when it was still in the 40's by 11...

I went to bed a bit earlier last night (10:30 instead of 11 or later) and today I'm tired. I don't get it. Like exhausted tired again. Like falling asleep at my desk tired. It really makes no sense to me at all.

I'm not working out anymore to avoid stressing out my systems, I'm going to bed as early as I think about it and last night I slept the whole night through with no interruptions. I'm taking supplements to ensure my body is getting the Bs it needs and the iodine it wasn't getting before since I don't consume salt regularly... I don't get this. I just want to feel awake and alert!

My focus is gone too. My boss asked me to make 10 copies of something for her. Since I was on an unfamiliar floor in my building, I had to ask where a copier was. By the time I got to the copier I couldn't remember if she asked me for 3 or 6 copies... I made six. *forehead palm smack* Why didn't I just make 10 to be safe? Six... really? So now I feel about *this tall* because I screwed up when she had given me the instruction, literally, 2 minutes before. Wow... great listening skills, Jenn... just great...

*sigh* I hope things improve as the day goes on b/c right now, I'm batting 1000... damn it...

That kind of focus and exhaustion is common with iodine adjustments. You might want to try a smaller dose, or just give it time to adjust. This is why I'm too scared to try iodine, my focus and energy levels are bad enough as it is!

I'm taking the minimum dose... lol 2.5 mg in a capsule.

I'm actually wondering if something in my diet is triggering it. I discovered a couple of weeks ago that drinking apple juice in the morning causes me to crash. So i cut apple juice and things were much better.

Now I just have to browse through what I've been eating to see if it could be a trigger... I had sugar last night in the form of fruit... might that be the cause? I would think the sugar crash would have happened last night, not this morning at 9:30... But, I had Chobani Greek Yogurt with strawberry today... might be the sugar crash from that... In which case I have to find a different source of carbohydrate to include with my breakfast. But if sugar is the issue, I don't know that fruit will be any better... Guess I better grill up some hashybrowns and store them in the fridge for breakfasts... ???

Could be something about the source of fructose. Was the strawberry added yourself or pre-mixed (make sure there's no HFCS in it)? Maybe you need to keep the fruits to certain times of day, but it will take time and experimentation to know. Nothing wrong with some potatoes if you tolerate them. Sounds like the apple juice was probably just too sugar-y, I know I don't feel good when I have something like that. It could just be something about your gut sorting itself out and might just take time for your body to adjust, but easing off would probably help in either case. Haha sorry I'm no help, guess I'm just encouraging you to keep experimenting!

You could try taking days off from the iodine, or going every other day maybe?

I really don't think iodine is the problem as I had this morning exhaustion before starting iodine supplementation.

I'm pretty convinced it's sugar... It always seems to come after eating... I was only looking at what triggered it today, but looking at the blog I wrote yesterday, it appears it's not just today... which can only mean one thing. Something in my breakfast is causing me to have these spells... a couple of weeks ago, it was the 100% apple juice... I suspect anyway, and the ensuing insulin spike/sugar crash.

This week, in an attempt to increase my carboyhydrate consumption, I added greek yogurt to my breakfast. Looking at the greek yogurt cup, there is 19 g of sugar... It's the only common denominator between those two events... hmmm...

Guess I'm going to have to find a different source of carbohydrates for the morning... since sugar is the likely culprit, I don't think fruit will be a good idea.

Looks like I should whip up some rice or quinoa or potatoes in the morning. hmmm. Interesting twist to my morning. No more "convenience" foods of boiled eggs, frozen sausage and yogurt... now I gotta actually PREPARE something... chit.

Why do you want to have carbs in the morning? You seem to specifically want them, just curious. Nowadays I mostly just eat what I feel like eating and it's working out okay, but it sounds like you are insulin resistant in which case a protein-heavy breakfast might be best (ala leptin reset). Just tossing that out there.

I wondered about that too. The reason for the carbs in the morning is to increase my carbohydrate consumption. I was below 50 most days, and not eating anything carbish until the evening meal (I tend to not eat lunch).

Breakfast is, well, today anyway, 3 sausage links, 2 boiled eggs and the yogurt. Oh, and a cup of coconut milk for washing down all those vitamins.

Before this week, I had just the sausage links and 3 eggs for breakfast. I added carbs b/c I have had a fatigue problem for quite a while - unable to get out of bed on time, late to work daily as a result, nearly dozing off driving to work, difficulty staying awake at work, and then finding an energy boost about 11 until about 4:30, then I get tired again and fight tiredness until I get home from work. Then I fall off completely between 9 and 11. I have felt so sluggish and lethargic that I thought adrenals, but 3 or 4 weeks into taking vitamins for adrenal care, I haven't noticed a huge difference. I quit working out b/c I worried that I was overtraining and stressing my body too much. I haven't done much for exercise in 3 weeks. I walked twice this week and today I feel run down again. So, I did some online assessments and it said possible thyroid condition, so I increased my iodine, added a couple more supplements and celtic sea salt to help them. A lot of people here have experienced issue with VLC coupled with a thyroid condition, so I increased my carbs just in case.

For the record, I was still tired pre-carb-add-in, but not after eating like I have had happen this week and that week with the apple juice.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So, reading up on insulin sensitivity, somehow I stumbled upon leptin resets... it appears that prior to adding the yogurt in the morning, I was doing a leptin reset of sorts. 2 meals a day, high protein breakfast, low carb days... Whether it's sugar or not, the days I have been most tired after eating are days when I have consumed a lot of carbs in the AM - ie apple juice or yogurt. I think I'll go back to what I was doing - just protein in the morning.

Now, to find out how to increase my cortisol in the AM so I can wake up!!