Page 306 of 590 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316356406 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 5892

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 306

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I was going to do two round cakes, but I think two square cakes stacked will be better. Easier to cut and will provide a cool effect with square pieces and round dots.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    If you did a mid-afternoon party then you wouldn't have to provide "food" - just cake and ice cream and drinks. Is there a reason you are tied to a noon time party?

I hope the pay-off schedule goes as close to planned as possible - wouldn't that be lovely?

A word of caution......... buying to you're max or near max can set you up for disaster. I've been there. And --- 5 acres is a lot of land to take care of - I've been there too. Even if its just maintaining fences and driveway gravel! You'll need a tractor for sure.
    My ex and I had 5 acres in the foothills 10 miles north of Boise. It would have been nice if it was wooded - but it was Boise - so it was more dessert-like. I hated it. It was his dream, not mine. But if it works, and its you're dream - it can be a wonderful way to live! Its nice not having neighbors too close - and you have lots of freedom to do what you want on your property. Just make sure you keep enough monthly cash free to do those things without stressing the budget.

that's my motherly advice..........
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Tomi, right now a 200k mortgage is less than $1k a month (that's our current mortgage). Adding another 100k should be abotu 1500 a month. With no other debts, we'll be perfectly fine. We're not house poor now, even with all our debts, so I'm confident that we'd be able to hack $300k without them. But thank you for the advice.

^
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

So, reference the crap in Boston. Super duper happy that Tasha is safe. I hope it continues that way.

However, what the hell are people thinking? Do they REALLY think that their little depraved brains are more powerful than the masses of brains at the FBI?? I mean, really? Did they REALLY think they could get away and NOT be caught? Sure, Suspect #2 is still on the loose, but he'll get caught - or killed. Either way, he'll never escape.

I wanted so badly to post as message to Suspect #2 on Facebook telling him that I'm glad his brother was gunned down by police and that I can't wait til the FB-effing-I catches up with him too, but I thought maybe that was a little too hateful and didn't want to appear that way.

In any event, I can't wait til they capture him and justice is served. There are too many people whose lives have been turned upside down by this and I hope appropriate justice gets to be served on a silver platter for those people.

Ok... now back to our regularly scheduled post:

Eating like crap. Pants don't fit anymore. Can't wait til after Kenna's birthday party b/c for some reason, having that in the immediate future seems to be giving me a free pass to eat like crap. At least I'm remaining consistent with my workouts...

I understand you're feeling free to eat whatever you want ................ remember how CRAPPY sugar and grains make you feel? If you must eat to abandon......... eat primally. You might gain some pounds back - but you won't feel horrible while doing.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

So, my student loan repayment plan came in my email today. It says my total student loan debt is $54,770. It says if I take the full 20 years to pay it off, at 5.5% interest, I will pay $54,663 in interest only. Are you EFFING KIDDING ME?!?! That's 100%!!!!

Glad my plan calls for having it paid off in 4 years! Yeesh! That should be CRIMINAL!

take that interest right out from under their noses! We're doing the same with our 15 year mortgage...... we'll save about FORTY THOUSAND DOLLARS in interest. I think that's just about what I need to remodel a kitchen and bathroom
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    Just popping in to say hey and see how you are... Life has been crazy lately. This second job takes up alot of my time. Fortunately I love what I do.

How are you doing???
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Thanks for checking in Val. I'm doing pretty good - with most things in life. Not so well on the diet side. Planning to do a Whole30 for the month of May to "reset" and "regroup".

Been following this Boston Bombings story pretty closely. I'm hoping he gets the death penalty by way of his Federal charges.

Considering the media coverage of the bombings and the aftermath, I'm wondering how he could possibly get a "fair" and "impartial" trial. It'll be interesting to keep watching to see how this unfolds. I'm really interested in how this is going to play out. I can't seem to get enough of the coverage at this point. I think this is b/c we have a situation where we can find out WHY. Why did these two men do this? What was the motive?

Anyhow... made a breakfast casserole for this week. I used a 9x13 inch pan and filled it 2/3 full of frozen shredded hashbrowns (Mr. Dell's brand has an additive-free, non-GMO, gluten-free hashbrown), added some diced and lightly sauteed onions, sausage made with ground pork and a seasoning blend from Make it Paleo, and 24 eggs. I poured the eggs on top of everything and then baked it for about an hour at 400 degrees, raising the temp to 450 when I decided it was taking too long to bake. I cut it into 10 pieces and put into dishes for Brad and I to take for breakfast this week. I topped them with cheese before putting it in the fridge. It's not too bad. It's a play on the casserole Tomi made. Thinking it could do to have some sour cream in it. and next time definitely needs more sausage. 1 lb isn't enough for 10 servings. lol

Next week starts my Whole30. Wondering just how I'm going to make dinner for a month without dairy. I have become so accustomed to using dairy b/c of the EMF protocol that I'm drawing blanks for dinners. Guess we'll be grilling all month long. lol And yes, my sister is on board. She's starting today, actually. She's a trooper. I think she'll be breaking her Whole30 two weeks from now though when she travels to St. Louis for work. She'll be with a group of drinkers and I really don't see her giving up booze that weekend. I told her she should wait til she returns to start her whole30 and to just eat primally for the two weeks prior, but she seemed pretty adamant that if she doesn't do the W30 now, she won't do it. Not arguing there. I know what that's all about. I'm glad she's so interested in it. And I hope it brings her some much desired weight loss. But I hope she continues the Primal/Paleo eating after the Whole30 is over.

By the way, for anyone interested... Dr. Oz is talking about the Paleo Diet today with Dr. Cordain. I've got it set to DVR even though I cannot stand Dr. Oz. I think he's a fraud and a dollar chaser, and don't feel I can trust his opinions b/c I've seen them change all too often. Of course, his mind-changing could be b/c he has an open mind to other ideas and new science, but his product endorsements really bother me, so I don't trust him. However, I know a vast majority of the population loves him and am hopeful that his endorsement (hopefully) of the Paleo diet will help it become more mainstream. That being said though, I also fear that the general public - those that are lazy and uninterested in hard work - will try it, find it to be too hard and it'll get a bad rap. I sincerely hope not. Having watched the clip, I think he's going to raise too much doubtby sticking to his conventional medicine approach. Already I'm annoyed b/c the clip calls it a "protein packed" diet... it's NOT a protein packed diet... Ugh. I imagine I'll be yelling at the tv later. Hopefully Dr. Cordain and Christina Lianos can set him straight (Christina is one of the authors of The Paleo Miracle - she's the one who asked for my success story).

Anyhow... hmmm... my butt hurts - damn sciatic is inflammed - left side this time. Stupid bad food choices are to blame, I'm sure. Time to get things back in check.