Page 305 of 593 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307315355405 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 305

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Do you have a change of clothes? Seems like that would be a good thing to have on hand for these kinds of situations (planning ahead for future runs, at least).

Those computers look awesome! Would definitely consider having one of those for (personal) travelling, if we needed something larger than a smartphone (may ask Hulky about selling the laptop in exchange for something like this). Downside is that screensize is only 11.6" or 14". 14" is on the smaller side for some people, 11" is like a netbook (difficult to type on for people with larger hands). If you're only doing things online, seems like it'd be useful, but from reviews, looks like it's useless without an internet connection. It also looks like if you don't have another computer hooked up to a printer, or if your printer isn't wireless, you would not be able to print. You cannot physically plug a Chromebook into a printer.
    My current laptop is kind of small - like 14 inch or something similar. And our printer is wireless, as is our internet connection. I guess as long as it has some USB ports for my BodyMedia dohickey and my ipod, it would work well. I like the idea of having a cloud for pictures. I think I'll talk to Brad about this further. It sounds like the furloughs are either going to be shortened again (down to 7 days) or completely eliminated, so we'll have some extra money. I can justify taking $200 out of it to buy a new laptop. If you've looked through my pictures on facebook, you've likely seen my laptop. If we're not FB friends (and why the hell not??????) then take a gander at this beauty!

laptop.jpg

Let me edit this picture in your mind a bit here... there is now a strip of orange tape going from front to back on the laptop now too, but I don't remember if it's on the right side of the keyboard or the left. Additionally, the windows key no longer serves as the z. The z and x are completely void of keys now. And their 'bubbles' have come off multiple times, despite being crazy-glued on, and you still have to push them about 6 times before it registers and you have a z or x displayed on the screen. Additionally, the "i", "," and "8" keys stopped working for a few hours on Saturday or Sunday this last weekend. Tried rebooting and that did nothing for it, but they later started working again magically. Furthermore, it's the slowest, hottest running thing you'll ever used! It has mini freezes all the time... the sound card stopped working so can't watch videos or listen to music on it anymore... ALL of these problems started after my daughter became mobile - she ripped the keys off, she pulled it off the table onto the floor breaking the case, she broke the hinge making it difficult to open and close... she's been hard on the thing! lol

BUT, it's been a good ol' laptop! I bought it in 2007 and it has gotten me through a bachelor's and a master's degree now.

Oh, and Nameless, I always wear something else to workout in. I sweat way too much to run or lift in my work clothes.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    OMG....................... honey - its time for a new laptop!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Nameless, you will be interested to know that they've made an arrest in the Boston Bombing case.

So, my sister is interested in Paleo/Primal. She has indicated wanting information, but never formally asked, so I didn't push it on her. She asked me today, via text, what the Whole30 is that I speak of. I told her it's 100% paleo for 30 days. She asked what I eat for breakfast and lunch. I told her eggs and bacon for breakfast, leftover from dinner for lunch. She questioned the paleo-ness of bacon (lmao) because she thought it was a naughty food. I told her Paleo embraces bacon. She asked for more info so I texted her the Whole30 website and the Primal Blueprint Difinitive Guide to Primal Eating.

Maybe another convert???

Sister's on board for a Whole30 in May. She ordered the book today. So stoked! She said her head is already reeling from just the rules regarding bacon, which is why I told her to read the book. This is super exciting to me!!

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    There are no USB ports on a Chromebook, which is why printers have to be wireless or connected to another computer w/ an internet connection in order to use=\
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    That's great news about your sister! Good for you for being the stationary lighthouse!

Last night I had a dream about my sister - the one who is extremely obese and has diabetes and fibro. She was complaining about how much she hurt and was so miserable - I told her I hated to see her in pain and wished she would listen to what I had to say and make the some dietary changes. She looked me square in the eye with teeth grit and said "SHUT UP"!!!! That's enough to keep me from bringing up the subject next time I see her.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Tomi, It's funny how a dream, something imagined in our head, can have such an impact on how we feel about and act around another individual. The classic example is cheating dreams - our spouse cheats on us in our dream, not in real life, but we still feel hurt by the action, even though it never actually happened. Weird how our brains work. You can join me in being a lighthouse if you'd like.

I'm all set for the Whole30. Suffering a bit from the whole "last supper" mentality though. Cramming in a lot of foods I won't be able to eat on the Whole30, like chicken cordon bleu casserole, parmesan crusted pork chops, etc. Even some foods I wouldn't normally eat - like ice cream and stuff with gluten. Ugh. Why do our brains think we have to eat all this stuff that's not good for us right before we accept a challenge? Is it remnants of the whole diet mentality? And why would I be picking up foods I wouldn't eat when following primal just because I'm doing a whole30??? Seems odd.

ANYHOW...

I'm feeling more and more confident in mine and Brad's financial situation every week. We're honestly making some serious headway on these debts! Last week I re-did the debt payoff plan and learned we'll have everything except for the house paid of by June 2017 - 4 years from now. That includes my $54,000 in student loans!! If the current plan works out as drafted, we could have $18k in savings by the end of 2017. I am super pumped by this. 4 years seems like a long time, but when you figure I have a 20 year repayment plan on my student loans set up, 4 years is NOTHING! Of course, it'll slow a bit when we buy a newer car for me, but I still think we can be totally debt free, excluding mortgage, by the end of 2017, and the $18k won't happen, but that's ok too.

In the end, following this plan will allow us to bump up our budget for an acreage if we still want to move when the time comes. We had a plan for $200-250k, but we could easily go up another $100k and get what we REALLY want instead of settling for something, or settle for something and then renovate it with that kind of budget. I'd rather not renovate though...

Here is our wishlist:

Wilton school district (Durant would be second choice, and there is no 3rd option)
    4 bedroom
    Renovated if a period home or move in ready if newer - I would prefer a period home b/c I love the charm and character they provide.
    minimum 5 acres of land
    Rural and in a low traffic area
    Outbuildings are a plus
    Must have a garage
    Prefer a finished basement

If this perfect setup is not feasible, we'd be interested in vacant lots so we could build again. I've found a floorplan I'm rather interested in.

But it would be so much nicer to just fall in on something that's already in place, renovated, etc.

Ah... dreams. Gotta have them or what have we got to live for, right?

Today's workout worth 1275 points.

Barbell Bench Press:
    35 lb x 10 reps (+51 pts)
    45 lb x 10 reps (+55 pts)
    55 lb x 10 reps (+59 pts)
    60 lb x 10 reps (+61 pts)
    70 lb x 10 reps (+65 pts)
    80 lb x 10 reps (+69 pts)
    50 lb x 10 reps (+57 pts)

One-Arm Dumbbell Row:
    30 lb x 10 reps (+47 pts)

Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press:
    12 lb x 10 reps (+47 pts)

Body Weight Inverted Row (Let Me Ups):
    10 reps (+20 pts)
    10 reps (+20 pts)
    10 reps (+20 pts)

Incline Push-Up:
    10 reps (+3 pts)
    10 reps (+3 pts)
    15 reps (+5 pts)
    10 reps (+3 pts)

Body Weight Squat:
    10 reps (+8 pts)
    10 reps (+8 pts)
    10 reps (+8 pts)

Running:
    0:05:30 || 0.5 mi || flat (+31 pts)
    0:05:30 || 0.5 mi || flat (+31 pts)

If you're not on Fitocracy, you should be! It turns working out into a game.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Makenna's birthday party... *sigh* it's going to be expensive. I think it'll be $90 easy JUST for the party... not the cake and not the present. We're going to have it at the bowling alley that sponsors Brad's race car. They have a deal where you get 1 lane for 6 people to include shoes, 2 games, 1 pitcher of pop and 1 large pizza for $30. I have enough "possible" bowlers to account for $90... that's not including the other 10 people who will likely be there and not bowl, but will still need pop and pizza. Luckily, this guy sponsors us, so maybe he'll cut us a deal. The party's at noon, so I can't really NOT offer food. I need to talk to Dave - the guy who owns the place - to see what kind of a deal we can work out.

THEN, once I have that figured out, I can write on the invite whether or not food is included. I thought about doing something like "cake and ice cream and bowling will be provided. The grill and pizza place will be open if you'd like to eat" or something like that.

I need to talk to Brad. Luckily he'll have some overtime coming with the check we get that week, so if we end up buying games and pizza for everyone, we'll have the extra money to cover it.

This weekend I experiment with the cake... *runningscared*