Page 304 of 593 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304305306314354404 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 304

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Today's Workout worth 1,076 pts

Barbell Deadlift:
    60 lb x 5 reps (+51 pts)
    75 lb x 5 reps (+57 pts)
    105 lb x 5 reps (+70 pts)
    115 lb x 5 reps (+75 pts)
    125 lb x 5 reps (+80 pts)
    130 lb x 5 reps (+83 pts)
    75 lb x 10 reps (+67 pts)

Body Weight Reverse Lunge:
    10 reps (+13 pts)
    10 reps (+13 pts)
    10 reps (+13 pts)

Body Weight Squat:
    10 reps (+8 pts)
    10 reps (+8 pts)
    10 reps (+8 pts)

Running:
    0:05:30 || 0.5 mi || flat (+31 pts)
    0:05:30 || 0.5 mi || flat (+31 pts)

Standing Barbell Calf Raise:
    60 lb x 10 reps (+15 pts)
    75 lb x 10 reps (+16 pts)
    105 lb x 10 reps (+20 pts)
    115 lb x 10 reps (+22 pts)
    125 lb x 10 reps (+23 pts)
    130 lb x 10 reps (+24 pts)

If you aren't on fitocracy, you should be! Love that place!!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Feeling funkish today. Could be the weather. Could be poor sleep. It's rainy here today - again. Flood warnings are in effect. Supposed to storm today, which will be kinda cool. Sleep wasn't the best. Kenna crawled into our bed at some point through the night. About 3 I took her back to her bed. Then about 5 Brad brought the dogs into the house b/c it was raining and they were spazzy and not wanting to lay down and let me sleep. We have laminate floors in the house and when they wander around, all I hear is the clicking of their paws on the floor. Drives me batty and keeps me awake.

Today is a run day. But it's raining. I was hoping to run outside today. I was going to run across the bridge and back for two miles... but with lightining in the air, that might be a bad idea. This is the bridge I would be running across. It's a steel truss bridge... and my luck, I'd be caught on the way back by a barge. When barges pass, the bridge swings open to let them pass (it's too low for barges to fit under it. There's quite the interesting history on this bridge. If you want a history lesson, google Government Bridge Rock Island, Illinois history. It's got quite the drama filled history and includes Abraham Lincoln as a lawyer).

bridge.jpg

Anyhow, I was looking forward to running across the bridge at lunch. Hot guy in the office thinks the lightning storms will be done by then and I could still run it, but not sure if I want to run in the rain - across a bridge with a steel mesh floor. Slippery! But it's so cool to see the river rushing below your feet as you run. Those scared of heights but also seek thrills would love it.

Rough morning with Brady. He's definitely 6 going on 16... eye rolls, disrespectful headshake, talking back. Ugh... I coulda slapped him. Didn't but definitely wanted to.

So, my day sucks thus far. I'm tired. I want to go back to sleep. And Monday's workout has caught up with me. Core is sore. Back muscles especially. I can't believe how weak my back is! I'm sure it's getting better, but still. It's a wonder my back muscles were able to keep me standing upright all these years!

Shit! I just remembered that they close the gate to the Island off of Government Bridge during the day, so unless I run to the other gate, I can't access Government Bridge, which means no running Government Bridge today (or any day) during lunch. *sigh* *hangshead* That sucks.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Those scared of heights but also seek thrills would love it.
    Perfect for me! Exhilarating, yet safe .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Perfect for me! Exhilarating, yet safe .
    Exactly!

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Sorry about the bridge and your running. Probably aren't any other bridges nearby. Cool streets in an interesting neighborhood?? In L.A., I used to run streets as that was all that fit in with my work schedule. That was scary too. Rush hour traffic and running. Like your bridge idea much more.

We have three bridges connected to the Island. There's Government Bridge (the one I showed), there's the Rock Island viaduct bridge, which has a pedestrian bridge which is also a metal mesh, but isn't nearly as cool as running across Government Bridge. Government bridge is part of a locks and dam system so there's a lot of cool stuff to look at. The RIV goes over a slough, so there's no rushing water, but it's peaceful. Then there's the Moline Bridge, which is closed to pedestrian traffic.

The biggest reason for the Govt Bridge is b/c from my office to the other side of the bridge and back is 2 miles, which was my intent for today. At some point I need to push my distance past 2 miles if I plan to run a half marathon in December...

So I got my run all mapped out and now I'm trying to decide if I want to run in the rain or not... If it was a lifting day, I'd run to the gym, lift and run back without any question, but I'm quite nervous about how wet I'll get out there today. There's a storm moving in, but it's still only in Iowa City, a good hour and a half from here right now, so I could get it in before heavy stuff starts again... But it's also windy... all excuses.

And I found my new computer I think: Chromebooks: How are they different?

Nameless, any thoughts on these? I love Google Chrome as a browser and my phone is Google based, so I'm used to the features for the most part. I like that security is built in and updates automatically, etc, etc, etc. And I love the price!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Do you have a change of clothes? Seems like that would be a good thing to have on hand for these kinds of situations (planning ahead for future runs, at least).

Those computers look awesome! Would definitely consider having one of those for (personal) travelling, if we needed something larger than a smartphone (may ask Hulky about selling the laptop in exchange for something like this). Downside is that screensize is only 11.6" or 14". 14" is on the smaller side for some people, 11" is like a netbook (difficult to type on for people with larger hands). If you're only doing things online, seems like it'd be useful, but from reviews, looks like it's useless without an internet connection. It also looks like if you don't have another computer hooked up to a printer, or if your printer isn't wireless, you would not be able to print. You cannot physically plug a Chromebook into a printer.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

So how many badass points do I get for getting out there and running in a downpour? 2 miles in 22:change, light hills, light rain with two spells of heavy downpour. I earned my shower today, but I don't think I'll need it after all that rain. My jacket is now dripping into the trash can and my running clothes are soaked - too bad I can't hang them too, but pretty sure the Colonel doesn't want to see my bra hanging in the office.

I would have LOVED to do another mile b/c I felt amazing, but my feet were getting cold b/c the rain was NOT warm. Cold rain in Vibrams makes for cold feets... But I seriously felt so awesome while running in the rain. It felt so good! Damn I wish I would have gone out for another mile. Oh well. I kinda need my toes.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Big Points for getting out there! YOU GO GIRL!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.