Page 301 of 593 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311351401 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 301

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Not much of a workout today. 1 1/2 mile run and 20 minutes of stretching.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    yeah - its better than nothing! I'm sick, so I'm sitting on my arse doing nothing............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Oh my word, it's CRAZY at work today!! There was a requirement for some of our people to participate in a meeting with a sister battalion in Korea last night from 11 pm to 1230 am. Obviously, this is not standard operating hours. Civilians, who are not allowed to collect overtime right now were exempt from the meeting, but our military were not. So, my boss and like 4 others attended this meeting. Obviously since they didn't get home til way way late, they're all tardy this morning - as would be expected... except someone at our higher headquarters in Alabama has called a last minute meeting for 9 am. No one who is supposed to attend is available. So we're all jumping through hoops trying to find people who know anything about what was discussed last night to attend this meeting to bring the General up to speed. It's stupid crazy. It's like there's a full moon out there! And of course, no one CARES that our people where here til 12:30 this morning or are sympathetic to why they're not present yet. Why the heck couldn't they hold this meeting at like 1 this afternoon or something. Give these people a chance to sleep a bit! Not everyone lives in town and made it home right after the meeting. Some live in outlying communities and had a drive before they were able to get some sleep. Yeesh! I hope the whole day isn't this chaotic!

So, while I'm trying to relax a bit with the obsessive compulsive tracking, eating, etc behavior, I can't help but feel the urge to lose weight. It's a weird feeling being both content and incontent with your progress. And I'm sure the whole heavy lifting thing is throwing a curve ball in there as well - water gain for muscle repair and whatnot. If I do anything, it'll be a Whole30 to jump start and then probably go back to EMF. I'm just not sure what I want at this point. Of course I WANT to lose weight. But at the same time, I'm soooo freaking tired of fighting my body. I know it's not DESIGNED to weigh 188 lbs. And I know this is probably just a temporary set point, but I've been here since freaking August! I'm ready to not be here anymore. I'm ready to keep moving. *sigh* so annoying. I wish it was still as easy as it was when I first discovered Primal. I mean, shit, those first 30 some pounds just FELL off... I think I'll do a whole30 for May. It's going to suck giving up dairy again... I'll miss a bunch of recipes that I won't be able to have. A lot of our recipes include cheese and cream. Butter's easy to replace... cheese and cream? Not so much.

I'm listening to Pandora and there was just a commercial on for the pertussis (whooping cough) vaccine. The ad played a child with whooping cough and the sounds they make. OMG, that is so heartbreaking and panic inducing! You could tell the child couldn't breathe. So, terrifying... but still I'm torn by the whole vaccine debate. I have a friend whose son has Autism. Her research tells her that the chemicals in vaccines caused it. She's used him as a human guinea pig and has effectively improved his autism by eliminating certain foods from his diet. He is 4 and hadn't spoken a single word until recently - after the new diet and certain supplements were added to his daily routine. He now says Da Da Da like an infant would as he is learning to talk. He is now expressing himself in ways other than just screaming in frustration and anger. He is now affectionate and seeks out affection by going up to his mom to hug him and taking his sister's hand. He's turning into a little boy now and his mom is thrilled. *I* tear up thinking about the amazing strides he has made since the diet change and supplements and I've never met him. Anyhow, her research says that vaccines caused the illness and has since stopped vaccinating her children. Her argument is sound... I think. If my kids are vaccinated, I should not feel threatened by her kids b/c the vaccines my kids had should STOP any illness he may transmit, right? So anyhow, I'm at odds about whether or not I should continue my kids' vaccine courses. I know she fights HARD with the school over his lack of vaccines, but she wins every time. They can't legally force her to vaccinate her children - and again - the argument that if the other kids are vaccinated, the wee man should not be a threat at all even if he gets one of those vaccinated illnesses.

I do know both my kids have a mild allergic reaction to the Varicella vaccine (chicken pox vaccine). They get a welt at the injection site and start itching like crazy. Kenna is supposed to get one more chicken pox vaccine, plus some others, I'm sure. I'm torn as to whether or not to continue her vaccination process or not. I'm not 100% convinced that vaccines are bad, but I'm not at all 100% convinced that they're safe either. I think our own natural immunity is better than man-made immunity, but... I don't know. what is everyone else's thoughts on vaccines?

It's definitely a day founded on indecision today... lol

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Vaccines and autism have been a topic of debate for a long time - last study I read said they have concluded there is no connection. But who knows really? Its not the strains of the illness in the vaccine that are a problems, its the chemicals - as you said - and why wouldn't it be possible that some children have a sensitivity or outright allergy to these chemicals? Having my child in the 80's I vaccinated him for everything - but today I'm not so sure I would do it. There are too many variables. I believe with so many people opting to NOT vaccinate the childhood diseases are again on the rise. Measles is a tough one and yes, sometimes proves to be fatal, as do many of the others.............. its a toss up. There is a risk on both sides of the fence. Those are my thoughts........
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I have two with Autism and one undiagnosed, but I have my suspicions. It is genetic and I believe the genes are triggered by leaky gut, gluten etc. Mine had symptoms before their vaccines. The health of the mother during gestation also seems to be a factor. My youngest is by far the most disabled.

Paula, I'm not sure about this woman's health during gestation. Her son was born with some defects that had to be treated with surgery shortly after delivery (within a couple days I think) so the doctors pushed a particular vaccine on him at that time. She agreed and said that he has had autism from that moment forth. She said his demeanor changed between the time presurgery to after surgery - went from being there to not being there. I think he had a heart surgery or something. So whether or not the autism was actually caused by the vaccines is still up for debate.

However, you raise a valid point. She cut gluten and dairy from his diet in 2011, and added in a ton of supplements that are supposed to help with cognition. He has changed significantly since the diet change, so maybe it is diet related moreso than vaccine related.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    This debate is one I'll have to face one day. It's also one I've intentionally stayed the hell out of. I believe genetics and gestational health are the largest factors, but if a kid is "on the fence," so to speak, or chemically sensitive in some way, vax could push them towards autism. I'd like to think I'd research the hell out of the various diseases and "pick and choose" based on fatality rates, chemicals in the mix, and/ or school requirements, but in reality, I don't have that issue yet. I do know I'll get them vaxed for the truly fatal ones (measles, rubella, tetanus, meningitis, etc) and hope for no reaction. I'd like to think I wouldn't get them vaxed for piddly stuff like chicken pox, but I don't have the hypothetical kid(s) yet, so I don't know.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

The problem with the piddly ones is that they're often mixed in with other vaccines. Measles, Mumps and Rubella are one vaccine. Dyptheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis are one vaccine now. And I believe chicken pox is mixed in with another serious illness, but I don't remember which one. So, I think you'll have less of a choice what cocktail of vaccines your child does and doesn't get.

What I don't understand is why the push to have adults vaccinated against pertussis when the kids are vaccinated. The commercials say that when the source of the illness is discovered, it is 80% of the time provided by a parent, close relative or caregiver of the child... there again, if the child is vaccinated against the illness why do *I* have to be vaccinated? (I was, for the record, thanks to the Army). It just seems odd to me.

Personally, I'd rather my kids get chicken pox and build their immunity naturally... but supposedly b/c of exposure to chicken pox, we're all more likely to get Shingles someday... and wouldn't you know it, there's a vaccine for that too...

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    That's the thing. I want my kids to get the MMR and DPT vax, although maybe at a delayed schedule. Those are all deadly or possibly have lifelong ramifications. I see no point in getting them what I refer to as the "cootie shots," the ones like chix pox, flu shots... y'know the shit kids survive and, at most, get a cool scar from.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    or an ugly scar...

posting this here b/c I don't want to lose it in case MIL is ever receptive to help from me again.

Benefits ofMassage-Myofascial Release Therapy on Pain, Anxiety, Quality of Sleep, Depression, and Quality of Life in Patients with Fibromyalgia