Page 299 of 593 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309349399 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 299

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I will keep this in mind, marcadav. I know what you guys are telling me is wise.

Russian Circus came on with NO warning. And it's heavy. I went from 2 months with no period taking 3 capsules of vitex a day to crazy heavy flow on 2 capsules. Makes me think that somewhere right in between will be right for me. Might experiment with taking 2 capsules one day and 3 the next and alternating and seeing what happens, but I will wait one more cycle. This circus started without warning about 2 weeks early, so I will wait til after the next one before increasing the vitex.

That's all I've got... can you believe it?? lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

UGH... My boss just asked me why I never reminded her to do my performance appraisal. I so don't want anything to do with it... She told me to write it up (standard practice - the employee writes up what they have done over the last year). *sigh* I'm dreading this.

how the heck do I make this quantitative??? This is my official list of duties.

Performs full range of administrative functions for the HQ, DMC Office. Duties include, but are not limited to screening/receiving visitors, answering phones/recording messages as needed, maintaining calendars, document preparation/review, mail routing /distribution and recordkeeping. Updates/maintains DMC CDR's & Deputy's weekly slide books. Assists with slide preperation and tracking of documents. Serves as timekeeper, using ATAAPS. Prepares authorizations/vouchers in DTS. Assists with special projects as assigned.

Ugh.. anxiety is high...

I don't think that I'm a horrible employee, but I don't think I'm stellar either - at least not in this position. Obviously I'm not doing anything REALLY wrong or I would have been written up or reprimanded. I have received a few repeat reminders about little tasks I tend to forget - like checking the COL's outbox every day for packets to be routed back to offices (I rarely enter his office, so it's easy to forget - out of site out of mind kind of thing). The calendars in this office are a constant struggle for both me and the XO to keep up with. The are ALWAYS changing. Quite honestly, making sure the calendar is right could be a full time job.

But I hate having to write things up that indicate why I deserve my salary and even more how I excelled at my position and deserve a raise/bonus. B/c I don't think I have/do.

My last job it was sooo much easier to write up my "contributions" b/c I had more work to do... Yuck. I hate these. And because I hate them, you get to hear me whine about it.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    UGH....... you have my sympathy! Mine would say - I come to work, I do my job as required, I go home.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

That's pretty much all I have to write on mine too.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Hey girl...so much going on. My sympathies on your review, those are horrible. I am sure you do more than you realize. Just try to put it out in a good light. As far as your MIL; I remember when I smoked how mad it made me when someone said something. I knew the right thing to do but I had to get there myself. She is going to have to do the same thing. Just keep loving her and shining that light.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Smoking cigarettes b/c you're hooked is completely different in my eyes than smoking pot b/c you're not willing to change your life to fix your health. I used to smoke. I quit 4 times before it actually stuck. I don't harp on cigarette smokers b/c I know how hard it is to quit. Been there, done that.

I have a friend with Lyme's Disease. She and I have been talking a lot recently (she contacted me with a question about her dad's VA disability benefits and our conversation moved elsewhere). She told me a lot of stuff about Lyme that I didn't know. She and her son both have it (he's 12 I think). I asked Katsuhiko the Rolfer some questions about how they would approach Lyme in the UK. I asked KR b/c drs in the UK have different ideas than drs in the US. She gave me some tips and techniques to share with my friend. The friend was very appreciative and said that she's been sick for so long that none of her friends and family care anymore or bother to help. I feel badly for her. She feels so abandoned and hopeless, but remains positive somehow. She still has her sons and husband, so she's not completely alone, but sometimes it's nice to have a friend. She's also got 73 different confirmed food allergies. We have talked about that too and I shared with her some info out of Practical Paleo that says she's likely suffering from leaky gut that is causing food particles to trigger as allergic reactions. She said she's started making some dietary changes based off of this.

I hope some of KR's suggestions work for her. KR suggested juicing, and funny enough, Michele has been reading up on juicing but didn't know where to start! KR's suggestions have given her a bit of guidance to travel down that road.

Anyhow, this gal and I have been talking about her illness for a long time (like 2 years maybe??) and she's very receptive to the whole idea of diet being a cure. I hope something helps her b/c she's on some nasty drugs for the pain and spends about 85% of her time in bed b/c she's so wiped out and in so much pain.

Probably another situation where I'm trying to help someone to make me feel better... who knows, maybe I'm supposed to help people. Maybe that's my purpose. I seem to be drawn to it no matter how badly I try not to. I believe MIL is a lost cause so definitely won't be attempting that again. But as long as Michele is interested in help, I'll do what I can.

With that, I'm going to put my kids to bed and veg.

Working budget stuff today, then working on my thesis (gotta finish proof reading it and get it submitted), and then if there's time, working on some training for work. Need to finish up my "significant accomplishments" for my eval too. Stupid.

Learned that we likely won't have a house payment due in June, so the amount we would have paid is going toward the credit card. Our new payment will be $245 less than the old payment. Our mortgage payment will finally be below $1,000 a month! This is tremendous b/c I know people who are paying more than that in RENT. This new payment makes the student loan payment less uncomfortable and allows for plenty of room to pay Makenna's preschool tuition (3 year old pre-k has a tuition fee, 4 year old does not as it is funded through some kind of state or federal grant). Things are coming along nicely with that and we are well on our way to having that credit card paid off in October, a month ahead of schedule.

I forgot to post my strength workout for you all to see yesterday. Here it is:

Standing Barbell Shoulder Press (OHP):
    45 lb x 5 reps (+64 pts)
    45 lb x 5 reps (+64 pts)
    45 lb x 5 reps (+64 pts)

Wide-Grip Standing Barbell Curl:
    50 lb x 5 reps (+12 pts)
    45 lb x 10 reps (+13 pts)
    45 lb x 10 reps (+13 pts)

Dumbbell Raise:
    12 lb x 8 reps (+21 pts)
    12 lb x 8 reps (+21 pts)
    12 lb x 8 reps (+21 pts)

Front Dumbbell Raise:
    12 lb x 10 reps (+22 pts)

Running:
    0:06:00 || 0.5 mi (+28 pts)
    0:06:00 || 0.5 mi (+28 pts)

Body Weight Squat:
    10 reps (+8 pts)
    10 reps (+8 pts)
    10 reps (+8 pts)

Body Weight Lunge:
    10 reps (+15 pts)
    10 reps (+15 pts)
    10 reps (+15 pts)

Incline Push-Up:
    15 reps (+5 pts)
    15 reps (+5 pts)
    15 reps (+5 pts)

Body Weight Inverted Row (Let Me Ups):
    10 reps (+20 pts)
    10 reps (+20 pts)
    10 reps (+20 pts)

Today is deadlift day. Going to shoot for 130 lbs.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah for the money stuff! Yeah for the lifting! Yeah for helping your friend!

3 Yeah's makes for a good day!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation