Page 298 of 552 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300308348398 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 5518

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 298

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    In most cases, I think it's to feel like I've helped in some way.

In most cases, I stumble upon a link on Facebook that someone else posted, so I'll pass it along and say "Hey, I saw this. Thought you might find it interesting". In MOST cases, the person will message back and say "hey thanks! That is very interesting", or "Thanks for thinking of me! I'll take a look at it". She does not.

Maybe it's stuff she's already seen, in which was a "yeah, I've read that too" would suffice. End of conversation.

With the exception of something posted on ValMason's journal that I hadn't seen before regarding fibro, I haven't shared anything with her lately. Someone posted something about lifting heavy on Val's journal as a treatment course for fibro and I found it to be intriguing so I sent it to MIL in a private message on FB. She flat out ignored me - so. annoying. Any of the above responses would have been appropriate. And I know she's seen it b/c FB tells me so.

I admit that when I hear of someone developing an illness, I do a bit of research myself to understand what they're dealing with. So maybe I stepped out of my bounds by doing that - I knew nothing about fibro and wanted to understand so I researched and shared stuff I found interesting. Her response was, EVERY SINGLE TIME, too many people have said that didn't work for them. SO FREAKING WHAT?! YOU are not those people. YOU could be different. YOU could benefit. What's the harm in TRYING?

But, you're right... it boils down to WANTING to change, WANTING to feel better. She's obviously not there yet since she continues to duct tape over the crack.

Anyhow... I try not to care. I try not to "borrow trouble" by worrying about other people, but it's hard. Do you think it'll work if I just pretend the illness isn't there? I think that's going to have to be my next approach.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I admit that when I hear of someone developing an illness, I do a bit of research myself to understand what they're dealing with. So maybe I stepped out of my bounds by doing that - I knew nothing about fibro and wanted to understand so I researched and shared stuff I found interesting. Her response was, EVERY SINGLE TIME, too many people have said that didn't work for them. SO FREAKING WHAT?! YOU are not those people. YOU could be different. YOU could benefit. What's the harm in TRYING?

But, you're right... it boils down to WANTING to change, WANTING to feel better. She's obviously not there yet since she continues to duct tape over the crack.

Anyhow... I try not to care. I try not to "borrow trouble" by worrying about other people, but it's hard. Do you think it'll work if I just pretend the illness isn't there? I think that's going to have to be my next approach.
    I'm like you. When someone tells me they have XYZ, I will research it try to get a better understanding of the condition. I think this is why people thought I would make a good doctor.

I think there are some people who are open to try different things to fix what ails them. Then there are others who are like, "hey, I saw this pill on tv that could help me with what I have. Let's call the doctor and see if that would help." With all the talk of this food makes you fat, this food makes you thin, people don't look at food as medicine. If they were to look back even as early as the late 1800's to early 20th century, they would see that food was medicine. People nowadays don't look at food as medicine, they only look at a little pill as medicine. It's sad but true.

I just saw this on Facebook:

Lighthouses don't go running all over an island looking for boats to save; they just stand there shining.

I'm going to find a pic of a lighthouse and make a meme out of it and then post it as my computer desktop - to remind me to stop trying.

geostump is offline Senior Member

Lighthouses don't go running all over an island looking for boats to save; they just stand there shining.

I'm going to find a pic of a lighthouse and make a meme out of it and then post it as my computer desktop - to remind me to stop trying.
    Then you'll be a human lighthouse. That'll be pretty sweet!

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    I assume your MIL is not symptom free or quiet about her issues. If that's correct, I think it's better to work on realizing that you can care about the person, dislike their choices, but are only responsible for and have control over the choices you make..

tomi is online now Senior Member

I love this!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

I assume your MIL is not symptom free or quiet about her issues. If that's correct, I think it's better to work on realizing that you can care about the person, dislike their choices, but are only responsible for and have control over the choices you make..

She is not symptom free, but she does not vocalize her bad days anymore either - except to tell everyone to stay away b/c she doesn't feel good.

I will just work harder at being a stationary lighthouse and less like the one seeking out the boats.

I will just work harder at being a stationary lighthouse and less like the one seeking out the boats.
    I like this!! The boats know where to get help when they want/need it.

Just be aware- even when the boats seek help from the lighthouse, it doesn't guarantee they'll do what they know they should to have a safe journey.

My family is like that. I've been asked over and over to lend books, send recipes, give portable meal suggestions,look over test results, etc. It hasn't become their lifestyle as of yet.