Page 296 of 593 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346396 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 296

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I think the strawberries were actually spoiling. I'd had them for almost 2 weeks at that point. I had some fresher strawberries last night and today there is, positively, no pain. I can't help but think I was battling some minor food poisoning from the age of the strawberries. All is good now, though, so I'm not worried.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    So glad your feeling better!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

OY! Kicked my own ass at the gym again!!

Barbell Bench Press:
    50 lb x 10 reps (+57 pts)
    55 lb x 10 reps (+59 pts)
    60 lb x 10 reps (+61 pts)
    70 lb x 10 reps (+65 pts)
    50 lb x 10 reps (+57 pts)
    50 lb x 5 reps (+48 pts)

One-Arm Dumbbell Row:
    30 lb x 10 reps (+47 pts)

Body Weight Inverted Row (Let Me Ups):
    10 reps (+20 pts)
    10 reps (+20 pts)
    10 reps (+20 pts)

Incline Push-Up:
    15 reps (+5 pts)
    15 reps (+5 pts)
    15 reps (+5 pts)

Running:
    0:05:30 || 0.5 mi || track (+31 pts)
    0:05:30 || 0.5 mi || track (+31 pts)

Body Weight Squat:
    10 reps (+8 pts)
    10 reps (+8 pts)
    10 reps (+8 pts)

Body Weight Reverse Lunge:
    10 reps (+13 pts)
    10 reps (+13 pts)
    10 reps (+13 pts)

Plank:
    30 sec (+13 pts)
    30 sec (+13 pts)
    30 sec (+13 pts)

Yesterday (b/c I forgot to post it):

Running:
    0:05:00 || 0.5 mi || track (+35 pts)
    0:05:00 || 0.5 mi || track (+35 pts)

Seated Leg Curl:
    65 lb x 10 reps (+15 pts)
    75 lb x 10 reps (+16 pts)
    85 lb x 5 reps (+15 pts)
    70 lb x 10 reps (+16 pts)
    70 lb x 10 reps (+16 pts)

Barbell Squat:
    65 lb x 10 reps (+63 pts)
    75 lb x 10 reps (+67 pts)
    85 lb x 10 reps (+72 pts)

Body Weight Squat:
    10 reps (+8 pts)
    10 reps (+8 pts)
    10 reps (+8 pts)

Box Jumps:
    20 jumps || 12 in (+37 pts)

Body Weight Reverse Lunge:
    10 reps (+13 pts)
    10 reps (+13 pts)
    10 reps (+13 pts)

Standing Dumbbell Calf Raise:
    45 lb x 10 reps (+27 pts)

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Nice job!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Impressive exercises. I won't even ask for a translation

wow Jenn! Way to "throw your weights around" !!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

I just typed up this long post and then accidentally clicked a favorite on my favorites bar and now the whole message is gone... *sigh* It's definitely Monday... here's the abridged version:

My back is sore today after a whole lot of movement this weekend. Muscles are tired. Taking an unplanned break from the gym today b/c I walked out of the house without my gym bag. I'm sure my back is rejoicing. Might take a walk over lunch today and just take it easy. I rained to beat hell over night (we had streams and ponds in our back yard). Hopefully it's not raining over lunch.

I was attacked by an unexpected gluten bomb this weekend. MIL made apple crisp and unbeknownst to me, apple crisp has flour in it. Of course, she didn't tell me this until I was halfway through my bowl of it. I should have asked, but I guess I trusted that she'd warn me since she KNOWS I am actively avoiding all things gluten. It was almost like a sabotage! She tells me it only has a little bit of flour in it... so I'm thinking a couple tablespoons. Nope, 1/2 cup... awesome. "It's good though", she says... well, personally, it was severely lacking on apples, but whatev. I'll make a gluten free version at some point this week and hoard it. I have a drawer full of apples that probably need used up soon.

It's getting harder and harder for me to honestly, truly like her anymore... I don't know what it is. She just seems so cold to me and it's really frustrating. We used to actually talk and have actual REAL conversations, but now it feels like I'm trying to hold a conversation and all I get out of her is "yeah" and "uh huh" like she's not listening or would rather be somewhere else. I find myself loathing the idea of seeing/interacting with her b/c of this. It's gotten a lot worse since she and SIL started the daycare and now she doesn't seem to want our kids around anymore. I understand she watches kids all day every day and the last thing you want to do when you're off work is the same thing you do AT WORK, but seriously... if your job interferes with your ability to enjoy your grandkids, it's probably not the right line of work for you... just sayin'.

Got lots of things for the garden done this weekend. Our garden will house strawberries, onions, tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, green bell peppers, carrots, beets, cucumbers, zucchini, summer squash, spaghetti squash, pumpkins, basil, parsley, chives, green beans, sugar snap peas, sweet peas, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, and broccoli - at least, those are the seeds I planted this weekend. Oh, and I found some blueberry bushes, so I bought three of them.

I made "greenhouses" by taking these clear Sterilite brand plastic tubs and inverting them over the seeds. The seeds (in their cardboard egg cartons and organic seed starter) are placed on the inverted lid, and the plastic tub is placed over that. The lid seals onto it and it makes a nice little greenhouse that I can repurpose once the seed starting season is over - I'll likely use them to store the kids' now-too-small clothes. I plan to stop at Walmart to pick up some of these so I can stack the egg cartons and get maximum use out of the three tubs I've got. I think they'll make mighty nice little greenhouses. Just gotta get some bricks to hold them down so the squirrels and coons don't dig the seeds out. SIL and BIL just undid some landscaping that used bricks, so they have a HUGE stack of them. She said I can borrow a few bricks from them.

Anyhow, I'm excited by this garden but also mildly overwhelmed by how much work it's going to be. I'm not kidding myself into thinking it'll be a cake walk. I know that I'll be uber busy on my Fridays off trying to keep up with this thing. And I know I'll have a ton of produce to eat, can, and give away. Well aware... I have a plan for the tomatoes already. I'll dice them up and do a hot water bath can on them so I can make my own tomato sauce year round. Need to find out what kind of brine the veggie canning companies use so I can can (haha, that looks funny) green beans for my son. The shear amount that I'm planting is probably foolish given that I'm the only real veggie eater in my house. But, I can always give the stuff away to my neighbors (the ones I like, anyway ). That, of course, is IF it produces. The spot I have picked out might not produce. Don't know yet.

My compost is coming along nicely - most things are unrecognizable at this point, but I don't think it's quite ready. I don't think it's been even remotely warm enough yet to really create a good compost. Hoping it'll be ready in the next couple of weeks so I can work it into the soil when we break ground.

Huh... that turned out to be a long summary... oh well. Hope you enjoyed.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Canning veggies, to my knowledge, does not require much.
    How to Make Home Canned Green Beans or Yellow Beans - Easily! With Step-by-step Photos, Recipe, Directions, Ingredients and Costs
    I used this site as a guide/reference when I made applesauce. You don't need to add any kind of preservative. The boiling sterilizes everything so water will do just fine. Jealous about your future tomato sauce!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

The gardening plans sound great! It will be a lot of work - but a labor of love is never a burden

Sorry you're having issues with MIL. Thats tough when you have to spend a lot of time with her. Maybe you need to just bring it up - ask her if there is something bothering her cuz you've noticed she's sort distant these days. See what happens.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Tomi, this would be the 'grown up' thing to do, but I hate conflict and confrontation, so I avoid it like the plague. if I suspect someone is upset with me, I stay clear and avoid it at all costs. The only acception to this is the friend I emailed at your suggestion.

Likely, the problem between MIL and me is directly related to her chosen treatment for her fibro. I think she should use diet and spout off about diet every chance I get, whereas she prefers to use illicit drugs, which I am opposed to. Since she doesn't agree with me and I don't agree with her, our relationship is strained. I have broken up with guys that could have been great husbands for their use of illicit drugs... so it's really hard for me to accept MIL's use. (Hell, might even be that part of me is jealous b/c there are days when I miss my high school days (or should that be daze) where I spent a majority of my time high on pot).

Ugh, I should really see a therapist about this. Someone else's drug use should not bother me this much... I mean, really, having once been a pothead, I can tell you being high is no different than being drunk. Maybe it boils down to trust. Whenever she 'disappears' (like at the race track this weekend) I suspect it's b/c she's going off to use her drugs. I think I'd be more approving of her using pharmaceuticals for this... why??? As a Primal/Paleo believer, I should GRASP the use of pot as pain relief, right?

*sigh* Let it go...

keepcalmandletitgo.png