Page 295 of 593 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305345395 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 295

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sounds like I'm going to get a review soon... which is not something I'm looking forward to. I have a really hard time believing that my review is going to be favorable b/c quite frankly, I suck at this job. I do some things well, but not others and its those others that I think are the 'sore thumbs' that everyone notices. So, I don't want a review. It was due in December and I haven't been pushing it b/c I don't want to know what the bosses think of me.

In most positions, they have the employee turn in a document with "significant contributions" that have been done in the last year. The only thing on that list would be the Holiday Party and in comparison to the other things I'm supposed to do and quite often don't do well, it seems to be a minor contribution.

And I'm pretty certain there won't be a bonus given (the bonus pool was not affected by the budget cuts). If I do, it'll be a measly 1% pay increase... wow... $480 a year... whoo hoo <heavy sarcasm> That's not even $20 a pay period, which will turn into less than that once the gobmint gets a hold of it...

Anyhow, I'm really not looking forward to this. I'd rather sacrifice any possible bonus for something I might have done right to not be told how much I suck. And considering they didn't even tell me "thanks" or "you done good" at the time of the Christmas party (but told others on the team) I don't think the party will be enough to undo all my suck.

And equally troubling is that my stomach still hurts. That burning pins and needles feeling... But it's only in my (left) stomach right now and not spread elsewhere. Occasionally, I feel a wave of discomfort through my gut, which leads me to believe it's a gas bubble... but from what? Eggs and bacon have been my breakfast for over a year now and this is the first this has occurred. It's hard not to overanalyze things when they cause you pain (even if it is mild).
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    And equally troubling is that my stomach still hurts. That burning pins and needles feeling... But it's only in my (left) stomach right now and not spread elsewhere. Occasionally, I feel a wave of discomfort through my gut, which leads me to believe it's a gas bubble... but from what? Eggs and bacon have been my breakfast for over a year now and this is the first this has occurred. It's hard not to overanalyze things when they cause you pain (even if it is mild).
    Just thought of something... maybe it's not what I ate this morning and something I ate last night. Over the last two nights I have eaten strawberries with cream. The strawberries were purchased over a week ago. Maybe they're starting to spoil and this is my gut reacting to any possible microbes living on them? I will toss them (only probably one bowl left) and eat something else for a fat boost tonight and see how I feel tomorrow. I hope it's just the strawberries and not my gall bladder like Tomi suggested.

In the meantime, I'm going to google holistic gall stone treatments. I can't remember for sure, but I know someone from here had an ultrasound, found gall stones, changed her diet and all pains went away... I wish I could remember who that was so I could quiz them.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    If the pain is settling to the left - then probably not gall bladder.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Could be the dairy. That kind of pain usually heralds bad things in my gut (the waves of pain/nausea) that want to come out!

I looked up natural gallstone treatments recently and there wasn't anything really helpful. There are lots of intense treatments that some say work, but most say don't, like a flush with olive oil and lemon juice.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Could be the dairy. That kind of pain usually heralds bad things in my gut (the waves of pain/nausea) that want to come out!

I looked up natural gallstone treatments recently and there wasn't anything really helpful. There are lots of intense treatments that some say work, but most say don't, like a flush with olive oil and lemon juice.
    I read the same about gallbladder treatments.

I don't normally have issues with dairy - aside from the phlegmy/stuffy nose issue. Never have I experienced gastric discomfort from dairy.

I'm inclined to believe it's the strawberries. They're "old" in a sense - quite possibly reaching their lifespan. The eggs and bacon would be an odd conclusion b/c I've eaten them for a year with no issue. So, I'll start with the easiest, most logical cause in my mind and ditch the strawberries. If the pain is still there tomorrow, I'll replace the bacon with sausage and see what happens. If still there, I'll assume eggs...

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    If the pain is settling to the left - then probably not gall bladder.
    I hope that's right. Really don't want a chronic issue.

Pain is gone. It dissipated during my run. Pretty sure it was a gas bubble... but from what? Probiotics combating bad-biotics?? Again, I'm thinking it's those strawberries. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

2 mile run today. Ran 1/2 mile to the gym, walked through the building to the treadmill, ran 1 mile, walked to mat, stretched, walked through building, then ran 1/2 mile back to my office. As much as I dreaded it (I've really begun to like heavy lifting), it felt pretty good. Sadly, fitocracy is more generous with the points for doing the heavy lifting than it is for doing any kind of cardio... booooo hissssss. I'm pretty sure I work just as hard running as I do slinging heavy iron around the gym.

Yesterday's workout:

Standing Barbell Shoulder Press (OHP):
    45 lb x 5 reps (+64 pts)
    50 lb x 5 reps (+66 pts)
    45 lb x 5 reps (+64 pts)

Incline Push-Up:
    10 reps (+3 pts)
    10 reps (+3 pts)
    10 reps (+3 pts)

Body Weight Inverted Row (Let Me Ups):
    5 reps (+10 pts)
    10 reps (+20 pts)
    10 reps (+20 pts)

Running:
    0:05:00 || 0.5 mi (+35 pts)
    0:05:00 || 0.5 mi (+35 pts)

Cable Crossover:
    15 lb x 5 reps (+9 pts)
    20 lb x 5 reps (+9 pts)
    10 lb x 10 reps (+10 pts)

Today's workout:

Running:
    0:05:27 || 0.5 mi (+32 pts)
    0:05:30 || 0.5 mi (+31 pts)
    0:10:37 || 1 mi || 158 BPM (+76 pts)

Stretching:
    0:10:00 (+2 pts)

I am an application whore... Applied for 2 more positions at the University of Iowa today. This makes for a total of 5 applications at the University. The two new ones are for admin support at the hospital. The pay is decent, but these are supervisory and/or management positions. I'm going to wait to fully submit my applications though b/c last time I submitted one, I had changes to make so I had to "reopen my application" and then "explain" my changes. I don't want to do that again b/c I think it'll look like I don't pay enough attention to detail. And attention to detail is one of the job requirements.

It feels weird to be submitting a cover letter for both positions that are identical, with the exception of the position advertisement number, especially since the cover letters are going to the same person. Is that appropriate or not? I'm not sure how to make them different when the positions/duties are the same, just in different departments.

Almost forgot to mention. I didn't have any strawberries last night and today, as of right now, maybe it's psychological in nature, but I'm barely feeling any discomfort like yesterday and the day before. And by psychological I mean I don't feel anything unless I think about feeling it... So, maybe there's still something going on, maybe there's not. I would suspect that if it was anything to do with eggs, bacon or tea, it would be of the same intensity as the last two days since the only thing to change is the strawberries.

I found some FRESH strawberries in my fridge last night (I thought I had cut them all up last weekend but found 2 lbs in there that look damn good) so I will have strawberries and cream again tonight. Just because.

HOLY DOMS! Yesterday's squats are kicking my arse - literally.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Squats are good for you I know the muscle feeling though. I helped my sister move a couple of weekends ago, and her old house has this really steep driveway. I could feel different muscles being used!! Kind of fun.

Hey, I hope the stomach issues are all really disappearing. Bacon and eggs are so good, and strawberries are only around for awhile. Wonder if it could be that the strawberries were not organic and maybe all the pesticides weren't washed off.

Hope you have a totally pain-free day!